forum

Why can't I hold a combo?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gameon123321
Basically what the title says. I can get A's and B's (and sometimes C's) on easy-medium Insanes and Hards, but I can't get any S or SS. I use a generic mouse (800 dpi) and a laptop keyboard and monitor. I don't have any problems with my sound/graphics, and I didn't install any new hardware. Is playing songs where I get B's and C's bad for my accuracy? Or are short combos natural?
Rewben2
You're probably playing stuff too challenging for you to get S's on, which is fine. It will help you improve.
nrl
You're bad. Not really a problem, you'll get better as time goes on.
Gumpy
Challenge yourself, get more consistent and practice a lot.
Synpoo
it means you have a social life if you aren't able to get full combos on insanes+
Topic Starter
gameon123321
Thanks... I'll practice. I don't improve quickly, but oh well...
Nameless
Because you haven't sold your soul to peppy
Miku Maekawa

exozion wrote:

it means you have a social life if you aren't able to get full combos on insanes+
Lol
otoed1

Rewben2 wrote:

You're probably playing stuff too challenging for you to get S's on, which is fine. It will help you improve.
OP: Basically, play maps that you cant get high combos and good acc on to improve your ability to play overall (not so far ahead you can't pass mind you) and play maps that you find challenging but you can S rank with some work to help improve your consistency. Call me nuts, but I actually use the Tillerino bots recommendations in order to improve in both consistency and overall, as the plays it gives me are above what I normally play, but aren't so hard that I can't S rank them.
byfar
Yeah, def practice on those maps you can barely read and get B's and C's. But dont retry spam it instead try a variety of those tougher songs.