forum

Effect of a FC on PP gain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei
OK, this is probably a dupe, but I couldn't find a thread mentioning this.
So, does anyone know how getting a FC will affect PP gain? More specifically, I mean "is there a large difference in PP gain between a half-@$$ed fake one where you get a 100 on a slider but don't break combo and a true FC?". You know, like the difference between 99 and 100 % accuracy is huge?
Before anyone sends me to the wiki, I looked it up already and it's unclear as to if having maximum combo actually does give you a bonus of some sort or not.
buny
I doubt 1x less combo would even change the amount of pp you got by 1, assuming you were to get the same accuracy also.
iWhorse
PP decreases exponentially based on the combo you have versus max combo

Tom94 wrote:

The scalar from combo is (Your combo)^X / (Max combo)^X where X = 0.8 for standard. It's not quite as strict as (your combo / max combo).

1xmiss at beginning or end won't hurt that bad though yeah
Vuelo Eluko
my current top play features a miss 5x combo from the end of the map, im pretty sure the penalty from the 1x miss was MUCH higher than the pp lost from only having a 601 combo vs 606.

which is main reason i didnt even bother retrying, really. the pp system is pretty lax

edit: and also because that map is really hard to acc for me so im pretty sure id have less acc if i FC'd it and lose pp even without the miss penalty.
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei

iWhorse wrote:

PP decreases exponentially based on the combo you have versus max combo

Tom94 wrote:

The scalar from combo is (Your combo)^X / (Max combo)^X where X = 0.8 for standard. It's not quite as strict as (your combo / max combo).

1xmiss at beginning or end won't hurt that bad though yeah
OK, so it's actually the opposite of what I was suggesting. The closer you are to FC, the less difference 1 more combo will make in PP gain. So the difference between a FC and missing one combo is as negligible as it gets.

Thanks a lot for the quick answers!
Maxis
Check this out.

Misses hurt a bit though, a 100-slider FC would be much better than a near-FC with miss on the very first or last hitcircle.
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei

Maxis wrote:

Check this out.
Oooh~ interesting~ thx a lot!
otoed1
pls no necro