forum

Is it physically possibly to alternate on brown switches?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xswordy
And doing it effectively, is there anyone who does that at higher ranks?

I want to know if that's the reason why I've been gradually getting worse at it over the past 3-4 months to the point where I can't time even basic jumps properly.
AmaiHachimitsu
No, it's physically impossible.

You just explode.
nooblet
What's wrong with alternating on browns? I'm trash-tier but I have no problems full alternating on browns (yet).

Stop blaming your hardware, play more, and get gud.
Raniemi
I'm sure you can alternate on any switch
Topic Starter
Xswordy

nooblet wrote:

What's wrong with alternating on browns? I'm trash-tier but I have no problems full alternating on browns (yet).

Stop blaming your hardware, play more, and get gud.
I realize playing more is the answer, but my alternating ability has been getting severely worse over the past months and I can't pinpoint why.

After trying pretty much everything in terms of posture and hand position I was wondering if it might be the kb.

The reason I phrased the question this way is because I was having trouble finding higher ranked players alternating on browns until now.
TakuMii
There are a fair number of players who use Brown switches (sayonara-bye being one of the most notable)... I personally use Browns and I can stream pretty decently on them.
But yeah, I'm going to side with everyone else and say "stop blaming your hardware".
Zare
staiain streams > 300 BPM on browns so yeah, it's physically possible to do anything you need for osu with browns.
Vuelo Eluko
please i wasnt at your pp until twice your playcount dont complain about getting worse
anyway i get worse every day too thats just how the game works
koromo
I alternate everything on browns. Lots of good players use browns.

Maybe you just need to play more OP.
iWhorse
browns are the easiest switches to alternate on imo

have fun essentially streaming 200+ for minutes at a time, endurance kills on top tier alt maps(why I think they're better than blues)
Also need the accuracy so slightly better than reds

don't own anything else so can't compare
Ichi
You actually never get worse (unless ofc you are messing with your settings), sometimes you are not satisfied with how you are playing/ not improving so fast, but well that´s life gotta keep playing.
-Soba-
I mean, you're clicking the keyboard so what else could be the cause if not the keyboard...?
winber1

-Soba- wrote:

I mean, you're clicking the keyboard so what else could be the cause if not the keyboard...?
your virginity
iWhorse

Ichi wrote:

You actually never get worse (unless ofc you are messing with your settings), sometimes you are not satisfied with how you are playing/ not improving so fast, but well that´s life gotta keep playing.

you get worse by enforcing bad habits
Rewben2
Nope. There was once an alternator who tried to use browns and died.

What?
limee_old
I think browns have the same actuation force as reds which are what I use. And i do perfectly fine alternating.
DeletedUser_3905941
bes_joker uses browns and alternates with his index and ring finger
oh ye his accuracy is also pure garbage
nooblet

RedPanda wrote:

bes_joker uses browns and alternates with his index and ring finger
oh ye his accuracy is also pure garbage
Oh man. World's #1 masher right there. The idol of new players, legendary DT speed with trash accuracy to boot.
Holorin

winber1 wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

your virginity
You are like a beacon of sarcasm blazing out the osu forum :)
10 points for anyone realizing this quote 8-)
buny

Oppai Neko wrote:

You are like a beacon of sarcasm blazing out the osu forum :)
10 points for anyone realizing this quote 8-)
i bet it's enspoker from leage of lesbians
show more