forum

"Banana Split!" (Catch the beat Gameplay Mode/Mod)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheWritersMind
I had an idea :idea: for a new mode in catch the beat. There are 2 separate control options, each controls a "split" version of the character. the "split"will be key controlled so you can turn it on and off at will. when you "split" the two characters move apart from the center of the girl, and each one gets 25% smaller.

controls: WASD and up down left right by default, (or esdf, ijkl) W and UP control the splits in the first scenario. E and I in the second. the "split" key could be 2 keys just to make it more interesting, so it doesn't have to be both, but we can have it so that both need to be pressed or one needs to be pressed for split, one needs to un-split.

Once they "un-split" they instantly meet in the middle of the two of them (not the screen, the 2 characters) and they go back to 100% size. which would allow for instant 2-stream to 1-stream transitions.

This would allow for: Local Co-Op, Much more map variation, (2 streams at once), more complex gameplay, and more interesting gameplay styles, in addition to those already in catch the beat. and it would look pretty dang cool. 8-) If someone could get netcode for it working, we could also have online co-op multiplayer, something that as far as i know we have never had.

Thanks to catcherofbeats for the multiplayer idea.

Note: i called it "Banana Split" because i wanted to have it as a play on words for the banana's that fall during bonus spots, and Splitting of the character. therefore it's only appropriate.

(if we do make this a mode or even a mod, i'm not so good at osu regardless X D i likely would die on the first split over and over.)
But even if it cant be a mode, someone could still mod it into the game if you are interested in doing so.

Thanks for hearing out my idea, and i hope you consider how much fun it could be, and give me feedback on controls and such. :)
FrzR
I'm not sure about that Co-Op thing. Since latency would be a big deal.
Trash Boat
why not local co-op then?
Kitokofox
I don't see anything wrong with local coop happening at any game mode (or some form of local competition??) But that's for another thread.

I'm mostly concerned at how tedious this would be to create.
Topic Starter
TheWritersMind
I dont think it would be that tedious since it basically mirrors existing gameplay. So they could reuse a lot of the same code for the other character and note tracking right?