1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Blah

Bad luck to this map.
posted
As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
posted

Loctav wrote:

There is a difference between doing an error and tweaking diff settings upon request, because you can not HR the beatmap. Your mindset fails on all ends.
If you are able to find a proper reason why the diff settings should be fixed (HR is no reason), we are all up to appeal with the mappers request.
Everything else is invalid.
What is more important - playability of map for everyone (i.e. community) with simple minor fix which mapper is already willing to implement or some strict rules, created by small group (5-10 authorities) of people which, as posted before, were broken? As for me, it's just absurd in *community driven* game.
I would have had another opinion if the whole map was unplayable with HR - but it's just one spinner in the end.
posted

slam3085 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

There is a difference between doing an error and tweaking diff settings upon request, because you can not HR the beatmap. Your mindset fails on all ends.
If you are able to find a proper reason why the diff settings should be fixed (HR is no reason), we are all up to appeal with the mappers request.
Everything else is invalid.
What is more important - playability of map for everyone (i.e. community) with simple minor fix which mapper is already willing to implement or some strict rules, created by small group (5-10 authorities) of people which, as posted before, were broken? As for me, it's just absurd in *community driven* game.
I would have had another opinion if the whole map was unplayable with HR - but it's just one spinner in the end.
^THIS
posted

Loctav wrote:

Not DQing upon request is a thing that exists for over 3-4 years in this community already. We are free to accept this requests within the 12h after qualification - considering the misheap of a mapper.
Everything past that 12h gets considered, but we do not accept this request blindly.

Be sure that the concerns were heard, we took them into consideration, but you shall not expect the QAT after said 12h to just blindly accept that Disqualification just because you say so. If we deem this concern as valid, we will act. But we do not blindly accept the request because it was requested.
Well anyways we've got to know a new useful information; the 12 hour rule. xD
posted
Not just players but also Auto would fail with HR if it was allowed to fail. Hypothetically, if someone is good enough, they should be able to fc Freedom Dive 4D with DT,FL. There is no other recent ranked map with any combination of mods that is impossible for auto or a good enough player to play. But this one on HR, no matter how fast they spin, they're gonna die at the spinner. why do I care, it's not like I can even play this with or wwithout mods

Also the mapper is willing to have it disqualified. It was allowed for Jenny's map for pretty much the same reason.

Sieg wrote:

Lust wrote:

We do not disqualify maps upon request.
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4001026
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3991683

ninja'd, TIL 12 hour rule

Loctav wrote:

As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
ok now he's just messing with us
posted
well, at the end of the day there is something positive about this joke: we've got our new meme, the 12 hours rule

@mapper: this is a really great map, and i love playing it with hr and i wish you all the luck getting this DQ'd and make it passable for people like me who enjoy playing maps more with hr!
posted
Rofl

Good luck with the DQ
posted
How far things have come when people are now hoping for a map to be disqualified
posted

Loctav wrote:

As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
1

Thanks for explaining, btw. No more questions from mea bout dq.
In the end, if map get ranked in current version it will be a good lesson to mappers and modders 8)
posted
I actually fc'd this with HR but failed on the end spinner, I don't mind though, that's the nature of playing qualified maps. I'd even accept it if the mapper wanted to keep their map this way and they felt lowering HP was undesirable. But to actually deny a DQ request to fix the issue from the mapper him/herself is absolutely absurd. I can't believe it. Is it not the mapper's choice how their map should look, play and work? If it is not possible with an integral mod then the map does not work, it is broken. Please reconsider.

Also, wasn't Rainbow Dash Likes Girls unranked due to a slider being off-screen with HR? That's from memory, so I might be wrong...
posted
At this point, I don't think what anyone says is going to matter as it's clear the point has been made that this isn't about upholding quality, but about reinforcing arbitrary unwritten rules.

Two words: ayy lmao

fix
posted
ayy lmao

posted
ayy lmao
posted
Зиг раскрыл мой план! На самом деле я барыжу изолентами, а эту карту создал только, что бы увеличить уровень продаж.
posted

Lach wrote:

At this point, I don't think what anyone says is going to matter as it's clear the point has been made that this isn't about upholding quality, but about reinforcing arbitrary unwritten rules.

Two words: ayy lmao
Isn't that how it's been for a few years (¬_¬)

I mean ayy lmao ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
posted

Loctav wrote:

As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
You guys could atleast delay the drama to the point when the map actually got ranked.. :b
posted

Reason for Disqualification


  1. After a longer internal discussion we have decided to disqualify the set because of the Spinners that are not passable with Hard Rock. They also have a fairly high impact on the HP drain in general so fixing them would just improve the general playability of the mapset as well as make the mapset enjoyable for everyone.
    You can fix this issue either by shortening the spinners' length, reducing the HP drain or by making something similiar like you did in the Normal.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Modding


[General]
  1. Why is widescreen support enabled in the Light Insane?
  2. Another thing our discussing brought up I want to mention here is that the Hard-Normal-Gap is quite big, if you want to fix that making the Normal slightly more dense or vice-versa would work fine but well, it's not really tragic and therefore you don't have to do it.


[Normal]
  1. 03:38:396 (1) - Please tone down that SV difference to the Slider beforem that's way too much for a Normal.


[Light Insane]
  1. 03:36:698 (9) - Might but just me but this felt quite unnatural to me while playing as this fairly dominant sound you have followed with the repeat slider in the other difficulties starts at 03:36:840 - . Therefore making something similiar as in Hard or something like this could work.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  • Nice difficulties and nice song you have got there! Not much to change here, so I wish you good luck in getting this back into qualified o/
posted
I have no idea what I am talking about.
posted

Mao wrote:

Reason for Disqualification


  1. After a longer internal discussion we have decided to disqualify the set because of the Spinners that are not passable with Hard Rock. They also have a fairly high impact on the HP drain in general so fixing them would just improve the general playability of the mapset as well as make the mapset enjoyable for everyone.
    You can fix this issue either by shortening the spinners' length, reducing the HP drain or by making something similiar like you did in the Normal. two slider as i did on E-N in overall it fits for mapset better.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Modding


[General]
  1. Another thing our discussing brought up I want to mention here is that the Hard-Normal-Gap is quite big, if you want to fix that making the Normal slightly more dense or vice-versa would work fine but well, it's not really tragic and therefore you don't have to do it. Yesh a bit till i when i did that diff i tohugh it would easiest diff in set. Whatever after i tired to make some "dense" whre i can and decide to gave up that idea. I am not sure that can add some well-structured 1/2. Still i will think about it and ask some people.


[Normal]
  1. 03:38:396 (1) - Please tone down that SV difference to the Slider beforem that's way too much for a Normal. 0.65


[Light Insane]
  1. 03:36:698 (9) - Might but just me but this felt quite unnatural to me while playing as this fairly dominant sound you have followed with the repeat slider in the other difficulties starts at 03:36:840 - . Therefore making something similiar as in Hard or something like this could work.
Sure. Also made 03:37:264 (1) - longer to fill I-X diffs

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  • Nice difficulties and nice song you have got there! Not much to change here, so I wish you good luck in getting this back into qualified o/


Thanks! Want bring my excuses to QA Team for that dq. I wont repeat same mistake anymore and try to help others to escape from such situations.

Also:
Fixed 03:35:212 (2,3) - on extra(ppointed by fartownik
Fixed minor hs issue on h-li-i-x diffs around 02:56:555 - and somewhere on easy/normal.

Will ask some testplays - decide if i need to reduce hp for a little. And after slowly will go for rank one mroe time.
show more
Please sign in to reply.