forum

Ayumi Hamasaki - Everlasting Dream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Girls
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 9:33:41 PM

Artist: Ayumi Hamasaki
Title: Everlasting Dream
Tags: Z3R0Xx Ayu Rainbow JPop
BPM: 143
Filesize: 4105kb
Play Time: 01:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.35 stars, 246 notes)
  2. Nana (5.42 stars, 359 notes)
  3. Normal (1.84 stars, 97 notes)
  4. Z3R0Xx's Hard (2.89 stars, 187 notes)
Download: Ayumi Hamasaki - Everlasting Dream
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm finishing up hitsounds and what not on Normal, Hard and Insane.
Thanks to these
[Modders]
structure
CelsiusLK
kristi71111
Chaoslitz
structure
Normal

A lot of sliders, I would concider changing out atleast a few of the them. I get what you're trying to do, but it's kinda overkill. The sliders feel very slow compared to the beat/circles too, try upping their speed.

00:27:792 (1) - Her voice starts earlier (where your spinner ends, move it up there)
00:55:065 (2) - Feels like starts out of nowhere compared to the rest of the sliders which follows either her voice or the melody, same for the same pattern right after it - 00:58:421 (2).

Z3RoXx's Hard
Quite the opposite problem as the normal mode, some split up sliders break the melody of the song, like 00:19:191 (1) or 00:36:184 (1), this fits better once the starts speeds up, but near the start, concider following the song more / slowing it down.

00:47:303 (4) - Break on wrong side, move 2/4 later to where the song starts instead.
01:12:687 (5) - Sonic slider out of nowhere - unfitting slider speed change.

Insane

00:01:359 (2) - Avoid circles this hard to read. People who is more than capable of hitting them will miss and get annoyed because it's just cheeky.
00:01:568 (3) - Also cheeky on top of a slider you thought you just finished. Also make it 2/4 shorter and add a note to fill in the gap, fits better.
00:11:429 (3) - Hard to read how many notes are in this jumping combo. Making the second 2 closer to each other than the first 2 could help identifying that there are in fact 4 notes.
00:14:995 (2) - Hard to read - space out more?
00:32:408 (1) - Sonic slider for no reason
01:05:135 (1) - Double 4 stack doesn't fit at all, hard to hit and nothing happens in song as you do it.
and then speeding it up again
01:12:058 (2) - Very fast sliders again here, not sure why.

nano

Very pretty start.
00:14:261 (1) - Felt weird, maybe slide it inwards the middle instead of out into nothing.
00:25:694 (1) - Stream doubling in over itself is almost impossible to read, even more so when you end it on the 3rd go 4 notes in which isn't even half of it. Either move the combo so it's longer and getrid of these 4 awkward last notes or don't stack. (Third option would be to have these 4 notes leading out of the stream making the player aware that this thing is ending)
00:27:582 (1) - Feels too fast compared to what the song is like, but it's fine, just keep it in mind.
00:30:729 (1) - Again, fast sliders out of nowhere, try to speed them up less or gradually instead of suddenly changing them like this, it will just make people who would/should hit them sliderbreak.
00:41:009 (1) - This whole part almost sounds like horses running - which would be nice if that was what the melody was like, but it's not, doesn't fit song.
00:45:624 (1) - Hard to read when another slider starts on top of it.
00:47:722 (1) - The horse pattern starts to fit better here. Keep it here.
01:07:652 (1) - Here this pattern fits. But after it, starting around 01:09:331 (1) it starts becoming less and less relevant to the song, concider changing.
Topic Starter
The Girls

structure wrote:

Normal

A lot of sliders, I would concider changing out atleast a few of the them. I get what you're trying to do, but it's kinda overkill. The sliders feel very slow compared to the beat/circles too, try upping their speed. I'm actually struggling to keep it under 2.00 stars. I originally had a more complex beat pattern. Now I'm not so sure. I will see if someone could suggest a better way to map it so it will be within ranking requirements.

00:27:792 (1) - Her voice starts earlier (where your spinner ends, move it up there) But there is not good place to end the triplet-roll. The end of the spinner should be where then?
00:55:065 (2) - Feels like starts out of nowhere compared to the rest of the sliders which follows either her voice or the melody, same for the same pattern right after it - 00:58:421 (2). I didn't think it sounded too bad considering how the beat was progressing. I changed now.

Z3RoXx's Hard
Quite the opposite problem as the normal mode, some split up sliders break the melody of the song, like 00:19:191 (1) or 00:36:184 (1), this fits better once the starts speeds up, but near the start, concider following the song more / slowing it down. I will fix these later, once I get an updated version of the map from the GD.

00:47:303 (4) - Break on wrong side, move 2/4 later to where the song starts instead.
01:12:687 (5) - Sonic slider out of nowhere - unfitting slider speed change.

Insane

00:01:359 (2) - Avoid circles this hard to read. People who is more than capable of hitting them will miss and get annoyed because it's just cheeky. XD okay fixed.
00:01:568 (3) - Also cheeky on top of a slider you thought you just finished. Also make it 2/4 shorter and add a note to fill in the gap, fits better. I think i fixed it...
00:11:429 (3) - Hard to read how many notes are in this jumping combo. Making the second 2 closer to each other than the first 2 could help identifying that there are in fact 4 notes. Fixed
00:14:995 (2) - Hard to read - space out more? Okay!
00:32:408 (1) - Sonic slider for no reason Cuz i derped.
01:05:135 (1) - Double 4 stack doesn't fit at all, hard to hit and nothing happens in song as you do it.
and then speeding it up again I think I have hearing issues. I swear I heard this when I slowed it down. Even if this is what was in the music, if I had to slow the rate to 25% percent to actually hear it, I'll probably doing something wrong.
01:12:058 (2) - Very fast sliders again here, not sure why. This one i don't think is as bad as the previous random sonics. I need a better lead up pattern to the faster SV though. I'll be working on that!

nano

Very pretty start.
00:14:261 (1) - Felt weird, maybe slide it inwards the middle instead of out into nothing. I fixed it.
00:25:694 (1) - Stream doubling in over itself is almost impossible to read, even more so when you end it on the 3rd go 4 notes in which isn't even half of it. Either move the combo so it's longer and getrid of these 4 awkward last notes or don't stack. (Third option would be to have these 4 notes leading out of the stream making the player aware that this thing is ending) I used an old pattern for this. If someone has a better idea, please let me know what I can do with this section.
00:27:582 (1) - Feels too fast compared to what the song is like, but it's fine, just keep it in mind.
00:30:729 (1) - Again, fast sliders out of nowhere, try to speed them up less or gradually instead of suddenly changing them like this, it will just make people who would/should hit them sliderbreak. I don't think I've grasped SV changes yet. I'm just going to revert these SV changes in Insane and Nana.
00:41:009 (1) - This whole part almost sounds like horses running - which would be nice if that was what the melody was like, but it's not, doesn't fit song.I guess its not loud enough for it. I reverted it to a simpler pattern.
00:45:624 (1) - Hard to read when another slider starts on top of it. This one I really want to fight for, because the previous patterns leading up to it follow the same idea. I thought people liked BASARA and sliders like these that are harder to read are permissible if they are predictable.? Idk...i'd like some feedback
00:47:722 (1) - The horse pattern starts to fit better here. Keep it here.
01:07:652 (1) - Here this pattern fits. But after it, starting around 01:09:331 (1) it starts becoming less and less relevant to the song, concider changing. Huh? I thought it makes sense...

Thanks for all your input! I really appreciate it!
Iceskulls
Hi
Mutual mod <3<3<3

[General]
Japanese of Ayumi Hamasaki 浜崎あゆみ
Uncheck letter box during break ( your map doesn't has break time)
Uncheck enable countdown
I think your combo colour are too colorful maybe decrease the amout of colour to about only 4-5 colours
At tag delete J-Pop you have already tagged JPop no need to put"-" too I think

[Normal]
NC problem would be the largest problem I think you should rethink again about NC if you want to ranked this try to make it a bit consistent not for the purpose of making the mapset colorful
  1. 00:01:778 - Add a beat here this is a downbeat it contain strong feeling in it try making a note clickable on this strong beat http://puu.sh/bDXYS/a96753f1d9.png
  2. 00:08:911 - Try this http://puu.sh/bDY4L/78b94d1a6d.png since I would ending (2) on upbeat there
  3. 00:13:946 (1) - I recommend ending slider on downbeat which contain strong beat there would be much better if you can make it clickable there http://puu.sh/bDYln/7be79a96d4.png
  4. 00:17:303 (1,1) - A little bit inconsistent in spacing
  5. 00:25:694 (1) - Make sure you place spinner correctly for Normal I guess this can apply as the easiest diff http://puu.sh/bDYud/29b2ca0fc3.png
  6. 00:56:324 (1,1) - A bit too challenging for Normal , I guess
    This Normal still need some more work, I guess since some strong beat play better by clicking it instead of ending a slider there and I think you can rhythm more intresting. Also the spacing in this diff so random you should stick with one DS since this is the easiest diff in the mapset
[Z3R0Xx's Hard]
  • Try use SV different from Normal so balance beatmap settting
  1. 00:01:569 (3) - It would be better to end this slider on 00:01:778 -
  2. 00:08:282 (2) - End this slider on 00:08:492 -
  3. 00:18:981 (5) - NC
  4. 00:26:315 - Ctrl+G 00:26:114 (2) - and 00:26:953 (2) - for better flow
  5. 00:37:443 - I don't see any beat sound speed up here no need to increase SV here
  6. 01:10:799 - This here too no need to increase SV
    It seems like this diff really need more hardwork first this is too easy for Hard second the rhythm is a bit too simple third some downbeat would be play better by clicking it just like Normal and the last NC consistencies well you can get some ideas by looking at ranked maps that work for improve mapping skill
[Insane]
  • Honestly looks similiar to how I mapped my map's Insane before it get remapped by me.
    inconsistent jumps, you should use DS when mapping this you don't need to make Insane hard just make it consistent for most players
    If you have time you can come ask me about Insane mapping I can help you a little bit since talking in here will result in wall of text
Skip Nana same problem as Insane I recommend you to stay away from mapping Extra untill you got some more mapping skill

You can go here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Main_Page to read some information about mapping
And this here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Music_Theory is a place that I recommend you to read every letter since this is really useful in term of mapping

Well that's all
Good luck :)
kristi71111
Hello as requested (kinda)
192 kb/s mp3: http://puu.sh/bE0uQ/f5a64bb2ff.mp3
1366x768 (16:9) Picture : http://puu.sh/bE1rT/d19ef340c7.JPG
Chaoslitz
NM from my queue

[General]
  1. Since you got 7 combo colours for your map, and you change colours within one note, I dont know if it is possible

[Normal]
  1. 00:07:233 (1) - Blanket better
  2. 00:10:589 (1) - ^
  3. 00:22:338 (1,1) - Change the shape...(?
  4. 00:35:764 (1,2,1,2) - Need a equal DS
  5. 00:42:478 (1,1) - Not really like the shape x.x
  6. 00:49:191 (1,1) - ^
  7. 00:54:226 (1) - confused xox
  8. 00:56:324 (1,1) - Not stack together?
  9. 00:57:582 (1) - ^

[Z3RoxX's Hard]
  1. 00:37:443 (1,1) - No problem on changing the SV, but its too high ;-;
  2. 01:10:799 (4) - ^
  3. 01:19:610 (1,1,1) - ^
  4. May be try SV around 1.6x if you wanna change it?

[Insane]
  1. 00:23:596 (4,2) - Not overlapped completely
  2. 00:35:974 (1) - Too close

[Nana]
Skipped, I am not good at modding Extra Diffs ;-;

Good Luck ;D
[ Nyx ]

CelsiusLK wrote:

[Z3R0Xx's Hard]
  • Try use SV different from Normal so balance beatmap settting
  1. 00:01:569 (3) - It would be better to end this slider on 00:01:778 - Changed
  2. 00:08:282 (2) - End this slider on 00:08:492 - changed
  3. 00:18:981 (5) - NC added
  4. 00:26:315 - Ctrl+G 00:26:114 (2) - and 00:26:953 (2) - for better flow changed this part up actually
  5. 00:37:443 - I don't see any beat sound speed up here no need to increase SV here I kinda like this here
  6. 01:10:799 - This here too no need to increase SV yea sorry removed
    It seems like this diff really need more hardwork first this is too easy for Hard second the rhythm is a bit too simple third some downbeat would be play better by clicking it just like Normal and the last NC consistencies well you can get some ideas by looking at ranked maps that work for improve mapping skill
I kinda realized it was too easy as I did this very quickly, I just have a habit of rushing orz. I've added circles and stuff to the downbeats and tried to change up the rhythm a little bit so hopefully it is at least a little bit better than before. Thank you for the mod!
Topic Starter
The Girls

CelsiusLK wrote:

Hi
Mutual mod <3<3<3

[General]
Japanese of Ayumi Hamasaki 浜崎あゆみ Fixed. TY.
Uncheck letter box during break ( your map doesn't has break time)
Uncheck enable countdown
I think your combo colour are too colorful maybe decrease the amout of colour to about only 4-5 colours
At tag delete J-Pop you have already tagged JPop no need to put"-" too I think

[Normal]
NC problem would be the largest problem I think you should rethink again about NC if you want to ranked this try to make it a bit consistent not for the purpose of making the mapset colorful I'll go through all of it and redo it.
  1. 00:01:778 - Add a beat here this is a downbeat it contain strong feeling in it try making a note clickable on this strong beat http://puu.sh/bDXYS/a96753f1d9.png The instrumentals of the music do not ask for a beat there. In fact, what you hear is the release of a suspension from the previous upbeat. Its funny because I'm actually a music performance major. I guess people just feel differently about this on this forums. Its tentatively changed to include a very quiet note. I don't like it at all. I'm reverting it later if its really bothering me.
  2. 00:08:911 - Try this http://puu.sh/bDY4L/78b94d1a6d.png since I would ending (2) on upbeat there The original pattern for this map was a lot more complicated. But I had to reduce it for the sake of star difficulty. Yours sounds better, but for predictability on a normal level. this is fine.
  3. 00:13:946 (1) - I recommend ending slider on downbeat which contain strong beat there would be much better if you can make it clickable there http://puu.sh/bDYln/7be79a96d4.png Listen to the music. Sometimes prioritizing standard music structures and resolutions hinder the flow of the song. This part of the song is mapped with the intention of a smooth, legato followed by a short marcato'ed lift followed by capricious eighth notes. Its fine as it is.
  4. 00:17:303 (1,1) - A little bit inconsistent in spacing Fixed
  5. 00:25:694 (1) - Make sure you place spinner correctly for Normal I guess this can apply as the easiest diff http://puu.sh/bDYud/29b2ca0fc3.png There is ample time to react to the spinner.
  6. 00:56:324 (1,1) - A bit too challenging for Normal , I guess Its fine. Its Normals. It's not Easy.
    This Normal still need some more work, I guess since some strong beat play better by clicking it instead of ending a slider there and I think you can rhythm more intresting. Also the spacing in this diff so random you should stick with one DS since this is the easiest diff in the mapset I'm thinking of remapping to beginning since slider rolls on the upbeats can be a little jarring. I'll figure out a better way to reduce the rhythm.
[Insane]
  • Honestly looks similiar to how I mapped my map's Insane before it get remapped by me. K, I'll look it over. thanks.
    inconsistent jumps, you should use DS when mapping this you don't need to make Insane hard just make it consistent for most players
    If you have time you can come ask me about Insane mapping I can help you a little bit since talking in here will result in wall of text
Skip Nana same problem as Insane I recommend you to stay away from mapping Extra untill you got some more mapping skill

You can go here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Main_Page to read some information about mapping
And this here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Music_Theory is a place that I recommend you to read every letter since this is really useful in term of mapping

Well that's all
Good luck :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.