forum

Short sliders are problematic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kekkerino
Hey, I don't see this problem to be very popular, or atleast I don't see posts about this issue, so I wanted to make a post.

So, I'm really bad at short sliders in most beatmaps and I often get a miss or a slider break, I don't know why, they just confuse me a bit.

Any beatmap recommendations to practice short sliders? It's hard for me to find any. :(

I play on ar9.

Thanks in advance! :)
Vuelo Eluko
Think of the slider head and slider end as a two 1/4 notes and you just have to hold it down long enough to connect them through the delay between them.

...assuming you're talking about 1/4 sliders anyway. 1/8 sliders are hell and there's really no way to deal with them but to pretend they're streams/tap them like notes
FlyingKebab
If we are talking about hold sliders than hold them for as long as you can before going to the next one at first, you will learn to hold them for just the right time by rhythm later on. If we are talking about short REAL sliders than I can't really help you with that because i suck at those.

EDIT: Ninja'd
GoldenWolf
1/4 sliders = play them like 1/2 circles
1/8 sliders = play them like 1/4 streams
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

that too
Topic Starter
Kekkerino
1/4 sliders yeah, I know I need to hold it just a bit, but somehow I just fail at them. Ofc a logical keyword in here is "play more", which is just obvious, but I feel like I should really practice harder those sliders.
Wishy

GoldenWolf wrote:

Purple
You can't treat all 1/4 sliders like ordinary 1/2 hitcircles. Below 200 bpm, you must hold and let go with precise timing. I don't know how can people say otherwise, even very good players like thelewa will say it. The game mechanics just don't work that way. I guess they do it subconsciously, idk