forum

Clueless to Comfortable - Guide for Intermediates

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
floasher
Deleted
Vuelo Eluko
Streaming is actually harder for alternators because there's no grounding in the rhythm from singletapping [streaming is just basically singletapping with both fingers] so its harder to transition accurately between different types of beats especially on rhythmically complex maps, you almost have to just guess exactly how much faster/slower to zxzx when streams/complex parts come around which singletappers dont have to do.

it's also harder to develop speed since alternators are used to moving their fingers slower than a singletapper. an alternator would have to play a 400bpm map to get the same finger movement speed a singletapper gets at 200.

source: i full alternated for about 8000 plays and have singletapped since
Amelia
I don't think watching replays or having auto will help much with reading, when i spectate someone it looks way slower, I think it is because when you're playing you have to focus on a lot of other things.

Just playing songs you aren't able to read would help..
GoldenWolf

Koalsa wrote:

Nope
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Koalsa wrote:

Nope
they would help you get worse at reading though so hes not wrong
Norb
noob, uninstall

Vuelo Eluko

Dubu wrote:

noob, uninstall

who is that in skype?
MostDakka

Riince wrote:

Streaming is actually harder for alternators because there's no grounding in the rhythm from singletapping [streaming is just basically singletapping with both fingers] so its harder to transition accurately between different types of beats especially on rhythmically complex maps, you almost have to just guess exactly how much faster/slower to zxzx when streams/complex parts come around which singletappers dont have to do.

it's also harder to develop speed since alternators are used to moving their fingers slower than a singletapper. an alternator would have to play a 400bpm map to get the same finger movement speed a singletapper gets at 200.

source: i full alternated for about 8000 plays and have singletapped since
Alterating is all about rythm. Streaming is also alternating but faster. Its harder cause you dont build speed till you actually encounter streams[cause there is no need to go fast till insanes for alternators]. I alternate since i started playing and i always struggled with speed[i still do] but never with consistency. Same thing with taiko and now mania for me.

and how 1600 dpi is low sensitivity. Do you play like 4k res or what? I always got bashed for playing 600 cause its so damn high
Relax doesnt help at all at reading. I can read everything there is on relax,[for example rainbow dash] but i cant read it while playing normaly most of the time.
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

Oh god that moment please ;_;
Zare

Riince wrote:

who is that in skype?
uuuhhhh
Vuelo Eluko

Zare wrote:

Riince wrote:

who is that in skype?
uuuhhhh
Zare, my closest friend!
you should add me: tunoko94
Synpoo
lizardsquad will hit you offline riince watch out
piruchan
I'm your target demography and I wouldn't suggest to play with autopilot, it feels weird.

What I have a problem with is multiple doubles, I tried alternate (ZX ZX ZX ZX) and single tap (ZZ ZZ or XX XX) but nothing seems to work. (play more?)
I Give Up
No fail mod? Sure. But I must disagree protest against using relax or autopilot - DO NOT USE. Why? Because you need to practice playing with both hands at the same time, not just one.

Nontheless, props to the OP for taking the time to type up this guide, I hope people read and learn from it.
silmarilen

floasher wrote:

Reading and Sight:

Being able to see hit circles instantly will help you train your peripheral vision and reaction speed to notes. This can be achieved by simply watching replays and following, or playing with relax or autopilot. This comes with time and general gameplay.
dont ever tell people to use relax/autopilot for improvement.
Ichi

Riince wrote:

Dubu wrote:

noob, uninstall

who is that in skype?
so epic, that scene is just perfect.
FlyingKebab
Yeah, Relax and Autopilot break the connection between two hands, it's kind of impractical since it is harder to read a map while also tapping/clicking than it is to just use a mod to cut off half the workload.
Yakuyan

floasher wrote:

Reading and Sight:

Being able to see hit circles instantly will help you train your peripheral vision and reaction speed to notes. This can be achieved by simply watching replays and following, or playing with relax or autopilot. This comes with time and general gameplay.
Or maybe actually just playing the damn song could help too.
Topic Starter
floasher
Deleted
Topic Starter
floasher
Deleted
Vuelo Eluko

floasher wrote:

Dayum. It seems like sharing my idea of how to get better just bites me in the ass. I guess saying some info is bad, but butchering it and stating that it won't help people in any way at all is a little too much? This was mainly how I got better myself, and me trying to share some potential ways to improve. I won't bother with giving advice any further. because I guess I'm not "credentialed" enough.
ive conditioned them to be this way with thousands of terrible posts from the perspective of a clueless bad player that everyone hates, it's not really your fault, but mine
I Give Up

floasher wrote:

Dayum. It seems like sharing my idea of how to get better just bites me in the ass.
I wasn't that harsh I'm sure.
show more