forum

[Archived] Lag with good GPU???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TotallyTurtwig
Lately my osu has been pretty choppy and I don't understand why. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card so I shouldn't be lagging. I want to know if anyone else is getting this problem and if there is a fix? Maybe its the current version of Osu?

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
[Bystander]
I have a 660ti.
I was getting strange studdering or lag sometimes too.

Heres some advice that might help:
Limit FPS to 240
Update drivers
Turn vsync off
Topic Starter
TotallyTurtwig
Im glad im not the only one who has this problem. I will try all these things and hopefully they will work.
drum drum
Is your GPU actually running with osu!?
What FPS are you getting?
Is your computer under heavy loads?
tripleblue
>Got Fps drops too started with the new test build today every minute its goes down to like 100 for some seconds and go back to my normal 1k fps after. :/ :o
drum drum

klincheR wrote:

>Got Fps drops too started with the new test build today every minute its goes down to like 100 for some seconds and go back to my normal 1k fps after. :/ :o
I think peppy is still working on the update stream for cutting edge.

See if switching to stable build helps
Yu-shi-tsu
I also suffer from random lag-spikes during gameplay. My setup:

- No other software running on the background (except Avast antivirus)
- Windows 7 64bit installed ~month ago.
- 6 GB DDR3 memory
- Quad-core Intel from 2009
- Nvidia GTX 260 with newest drivers installed
- Osu! & Windows 7 running from SSD harddrive
- Osu! is in fullscreen, using DirectX. Resolution 1280x960. FPS limited to 120.
- Osu! is upgraded to the newest version. Can't remember if i had lag spikes with previous versions...

Lag-spikes are very random, and pretty rare. I would say that one spike every 1-2 hours.
During the lag-spike music plays normally but graphics freeze for <1 second. In fast paced maps it usually causes failing of the beatmap. :(
tripleblue

Yu-shi-tsu wrote:

I also suffer from random lag-spikes during gameplay. My setup:

- No other software running on the background (except Avast antivirus)
- Windows 7 64bit installed ~month ago.
- 6 GB DDR3 memory
- Quad-core Intel from 2009
- Nvidia GTX 260 with newest drivers installed
- Osu! & Windows 7 running from SSD harddrive
- Osu! is in fullscreen, using DirectX. Resolution 1280x960. FPS limited to 120.
- Osu! is upgraded to the newest version. Can't remember if i had lag spikes with previous versions...

Lag-spikes are very random, and pretty rare. I would say that one spike every 1-2 hours.
During the lag-spike music plays normally but graphics freeze for <1 second. In fast paced maps it usually causes failing of the beatmap. :(
-klincher exactly same here it drops to very low fps like 30 or lower and goes back to 100 then and then to 1k fps my normal
ggnakacarlz
I also noticed it on some PCs that I have played...

One thing I do is first put the FPS to unlimited (not gameplay) for some time then set it to 120...

Hope this helps...
Proxy
I have the same issue. I just keep getting random lag spikes that are very short.

I have a GTX 750.
Jesss
Same here...microlags are back after long time...i'm using the 120fps limiter...

AMD Phenom II X4 965
AMD Radeon 7770

things get worse when you're selecting songs...

ggnakacarlz wrote:

I also noticed it on some PCs that I have played...

One thing I do is first put the FPS to unlimited (not gameplay) for some time then set it to 120...

Hope this helps...
Barely works...
Amelia
Try checking if it somehow changed the renderer to OpenGL?
It happened to me and that was causing lag spikes and framedrops.
SnowNG
Same problem here, random lag, even before hit play, even sometimes the game freezes and I just can't keep playing the song.
Specs & Settings: Nvidia 820m - Intel Pentium Quadcore - 1366 x768 - all effects off - 120 fps limit
Ayachi-
Bunch of lag reports here....
Jesss

Koalsa wrote:

Try checking if it somehow changed the renderer to OpenGL?
It happened to me and that was causing lag spikes and framedrops.
My game has Shaders enabled and i can see them clearly...so i doubt that i'm using OpenGL (i also doublechecked, i'm running under DirectX)

I also have those microlags or spikes under Windows 7 x64 installed on a spare Drive.
drum drum
Way too many posts here...

Here are some things you can do (everyone)

If you're lagging while using a frame limiter

Try using every frame limiter and see what works best for you. If you have a fairly good GPU, anything below 240 and above is recommended.

Windows 7

Common stuff: disable windows Aero, check to make sure background process aren't hogging memory, your computer is not using a power saving mode.

Windows 8

Don't be crazy with how you manage programs (running every program possible or something crazy like that). Learn to manage your own system memory. Get a computer that can handle it.

DirectX

t/188356

I'd write more but I should really get to sleep...
loldcraft