Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Synpoo
haaha I just got like 80% accuracy on some map and it's one of my top plays now

cool game

clearly not warmed up after hour uno
I Give Up
I do very targeted stretches for my arm/wrist for 5 - 10 minutes before playing the game, It takes me a further 10 minutes to warm up and 30 minutes to reach my peak.
Miku Maekawa

exozion wrote:

haaha I just got like 80% accuracy on some map and it's one of my top plays now

cool game

clearly not warmed up after hour uno
well what exactly is your warm-up routine? physical stretching, certain maps for different skills, increasing bpm gradually, none of the above, etc?
Topic Starter
Synpoo
i play remote control for both accuracy and aim since it's OD9 + fullscreen jumps

then i play a couple jump practice maps for more aim

and then i try to fc some 4 stars and fail miserably 99% of the time
Nutella
I don't warm up..
lesser
I'd say around 3-5 songs, or 30+ if I feel like crap or if i'm tired. I always found it nice to have a collection of warm-up songs that i'm consistent in, so I don't have to screw around looking for a song to start with.
I Give Up

exozion wrote:

Probably because you're warming up on a remote control full screen jump map, which practices a skill that you will never see on a 4 star map. You're better off warming up on a balanced map like catastrophe or caramelldansen.
Bauxe
4-5 hours. Makes it hard to motivate myself to play the game.
Amelia

KukiMonster wrote:

I do very targeted stretches for my arm/wrist for 5 - 10 minutes before playing the game, It takes me a further 10 minutes to warm up and 30 minutes to reach my peak.
I do the same, otherwise I get horrible pains on my wrist and fingers then 4 or 5 fast songs and let my hand rest for a bit.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
game too hard
easy mod activate

KukiMonster wrote:

exozion wrote:

Probably because you're warming up on a remote control full screen jump map, which practices a skill that you will never see on a 4 star map. You're better off warming up on a balanced map like catastrophe or caramelldansen.
thanks for the suggestions <3
Top Bunk
I don't really warm up. I've had days where I start up osu! and the first song I play I suddenly beat my previous score and accuracy on. At most, I'll do some finger stretches before actually playing, but it's more of a "crack knuckles and let's get going" kind of thing. Though fyi, I can't actually crack my knuckles.
RaneFire
I don't really warm up, but I play better after an hour or 2. That makes perfect sense anyway. I just don't see it as warming up because I don't have time for that. Might as well not play if I am going to con myself into not enjoying the game for the first 2 hours. So I just play whatever I want right from the get-go, even if it's Hard Rock or DT.

If I'm really struggling to play because I'm tired/exhausted, I just don't play. I load up some rpg game that takes no skill, and play that instead.
Bauxe

RaneFire wrote:

I don't really warm up, but I play better after an hour or 2. That makes perfect sense anyway. I just don't see it as warming up because I don't have time for that. Might as well not play if I am going to con myself into not enjoying the game for the first 2 hours. So I just play whatever I want right from the get-go, even if it's Hard Rock or DT.

If I'm really struggling to play because I'm tired/exhausted, I just don't play. I load up some rpg game that takes no skill, and play that instead.
Just playing the game is still warming you up though.
Gumpy
Anywhere from 10 min to an hour.
RaneFire

Bauxe wrote:

Just playing the game is still warming you up though.
Yes, it's just perspective.

People who play for longer sessions will feel like warming up takes longer, since they reach a higher peak of improvement than people who play in shorter sessions. Personally, I can hardly spare more than 4 hours on any given day for a game, so 2 hours is half of that. If you play 8 hours a day, you might feel like you take 4 hours to warm up, since you might return to a map 4 hours later, see improvement, and deduce that it took you 4+ hours to warm up. I suppose you could call it "progression" towards the mean (as opposed to regression).

I did a 10 hour session once and achieved a personal milestone 9 hours in. Did it take me 9 hours to warmup for that? No, because that's not normal for me. So what is normal for you will determine how long you need to warm up.
Loves
I actually have to play hard maps intensely for 30-40 minutes before I reach my peak.

From then on, I can hold the peak for 1-2 hours before I phase out. This is when I actually can "feel" the position of the hit circles and play with fast speed and good aim.

The thing is I never play more than 20 minutes each session these days so go figure..
GoldenWolf

Loves wrote:

This is when I actually can "feel" the position of the hit circles and play with fast speed and good aim.
d33p
Loves

GoldenWolf wrote:

Loves wrote:

This is when I actually can "feel" the position of the hit circles and play with fast speed and good aim.
d33p

winber1
you guys obviously didn't fap enough
GoldenWolf
binwer always here to bring us enlightement
Aria Kanzaki
I practice HDHR while warming up to make a good use of that time.
Soarezi
about 10 hours
Wishy
Weeks.