forum

Loading screen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Violent Rime
Hi... i wanna request a percentage screen or loading bar/metre when loading, maybe some people will ask why you wanna a percentage thing when loading? so my answer is to know how many element osu! load like beatmap, dll file, skin or anything related to element need to be loaded so i can predicted how many time osu! need to load my 18.000+ beatmap and go to pee before reach 100% :p, plus this thing will be help some people with low-end PC to know the osu is still running or stop in there (lag/not responding when loading) and here for example
This thing show on the first run osu!
you know this thing show a little transparency if you user of windows 7 or 8
plus i didn't mean processing or re-processing beatmap i just want you to add any notice like percentage or loading bar/meter in loading screen so i can know the loading get stuck or not because the stuck thing always happen in lowspec PC so it would be great if you add this
Trash Boat
I agree with this
Oinari-sama
Other than the beatmap processing screen (F5), I don't see much use for progress display if you're targetting low end pc (why add more lag).
OsuMe65

Oinari-sama wrote:

(why add more lag)
= w=b

Anyway, ppl will know when loading is done. It takes a lot of time and logic to implement this one, I bet.
Cerulean Veyron
I agree with this, I really want to know when will the maps load 'til i play it (°n° ) idfc about lags, my monitor RARELY lags.
peppy
Reprocessing of maps should almost NEVER happen.
Sea_Food

peppy wrote:

Well it does that every time after i load beatmap menu for first time after opening the game.

But for me atleast they are procecced at about 2000songs per second so the load precentage would be useless unless i get really fast at peeing. The other loads take even less time. And my computer is 7years old.
Jesss
I agree ONLY with the cookie showing its initializing state...

It's useless to show percentage loading after pressing enter to play a map...maps loads pretty fast enough, unless it has really heavy storyboarding.
FrzR
osu! loads in less than a minute on my craptop. Not sure if this is really needed. =w=)
Gumpy
I like the process bar for the beatmap reload, but for playing it's absolutely useless.
Magnolia

peppy wrote:

It happens for me everytime i restart osu!
Topic Starter
Violent Rime

peppy wrote:

It's always happens for me when everytime i re-open osu but i mean Not to reprocessing map, just a percentage when loading map list.

Sea_Food wrote:

But for me atleast they are procecced at about 2000songs per second so the load precentage would be useless unless i get really fast at peeing. The other loads take even less time. And my computer is 7years old.
Yeah because your computer maybe have motherboard ddr3 4gb RAM and 512mb VGA so that's makes you think it's useless but how about ppl who have motherboard ddr1 256mb RAM and 64mb VGA?
Jesss

Violent Rime wrote:

Yeah because your computer maybe have motherboard ddr3 4gb RAM and 512mb VGA so that's makes you think it's useless but how about ppl who have motherboard ddr1 256mb RAM and 64mb VGA?
osu! needs at least 1 GB of system RAM to run smoothly :v (long playing sessions including map editing)
Topic Starter
Violent Rime

Jesss wrote:

osu! needs at least 1 GB of system RAM to run smoothly :v (long playing sessions including map editing)
Yeah i know that's geez... :|
Riesu
I won't mind seeing this, would be interesting to see loading 29+K songs.
touzkue
I agree with this FULL ON! I like playing beatmaps with Lots of different Hitsounds. And with lots of different Hitsounds = Super long time to load. (ex: Your beat my soul , the one by DJPop) Everytime I play this song, It takes like 30 sec to load. So I support you on this.
Kagu-chan
As i seen on peppys Youtube Channel its planned to add a new Splash-Screen while loading osu.
And processing beetmaps should not really happen, for this we dont need extra counters or else.

So i dont support because i think its not really required.
-Cyan
I don't rlly think that this is needed
Topic Starter
Violent Rime

Xplanter wrote:

I don't rlly think that this is needed
Well you can read why "I think is needed" on the first post.... maybe some people (like you) who have powerfull PC didn't even know how much time my lowspec PC take for load the 18.000+ beatmap, so i just post this request only for help ppl with lowspec PC then osu! can run smoothly in all PC

+ i didn't mean processing or re-processing beatmap i just want you to add any notice like percentage or loading bar/meter in loading screen so i can know the loading get stuck or not because the stuck thing always happen in lowspec PC so it would be great if you add this
Seijiro
But usually windows should point out when a program turns out to be un-respondent so where is the problem?

Anyway, I have a low spec pc and I never had this problem, and probably I'll never will.

Sorry, but I don't see this so relevant to be implemented, and

Kagu-chan wrote:

As i seen on peppys Youtube Channel its planned to add a new Splash-Screen while loading osu.
And processing beetmaps should not really happen, for this we dont need extra counters or else.

So i dont support because i think its not really required.
Topic Starter
Violent Rime

[-MrSergio-] wrote:

But usually windows should point out when a program turns out to be un-respondent so where is the problem?

Anyway, I have a low spec pc and I never had this problem, and probably I'll never will.

Sorry, but I don't see this so relevant to be implemented]
- Not all windows will turn out when is un-respondent like windows XP user

- Yes you have a low spec PC but you don't have 10.000+ Beatmap that's why you never had this problem

- Well it's up to you this would be implemented or not, but i just wanna help low spec PC here if you didn't like it just close this thread :x
Seijiro

Violent Rime wrote:

- Yes you have a low spec PC but you don't have 10.000+ Beatmap that's why you never had this problem
I had 30k + and a pc even more shitty and I was still fine... ._.

Violent Rime wrote:

- Well it's up to you this would be implemented or not, but i just wanna help low spec PC here if you didn't like it just close this thread :x
Anyway, you're right, but I was just leaving my opinion :3
Topic Starter
Violent Rime
Well anyway they working on new interface so i hope they will add this to XD
PatZar
bug bug bug bug :^)
how to star this?
Xial
Support !!!