forum

I need help hovering.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E-J
I don't usually use forums and so sorry if i seem like a complete noob. :o
Anyway i usually make contact with my tablet while playing and ive been doing quite well imo but ive been wearing out my pen tips and i think im starting to damage my tablet, ive been trying to hover but its awkward and feels less accurate. I will keep trying to hover but i would like some tips plz :D

Me playing while making contact

Me playing while hovering
chainpullz
I would suggest increasing your tablet area if you are switching from contact to hover. Your tablet areas is probably optimally small since contact adds pressure/friction which in turn makes it easier to snap in smaller distance increments.
GoldenWolf
And don't forget to practice
Top Bunk
Can't expect to instantly play up to par with a previous playstyle when changing to a different one. But with some practice you should be fine reach back up to where you were, or perhaps even better.

Also, glad to see a switch over to hovering. Saving lives one tablet and many nibs at a time.
GoldenWolf
I don't get why people would think dragging destroy your tablet
Bauxe

GoldenWolf wrote:

It kinda does. But it doesn't matter if its only being used for osu!
Top Bunk

GoldenWolf wrote:

I know it doesn't "destroy" the tablet. Considering tablets are made to handle lots of usage. Though playing osu! with dragging still takes it's toll in the long run. Not to mention makes the surface of the tablet look awful with those scratch marks everywhere. Besides, having to constantly replace nibs can be costly.

I've always hovered, so I gave away all the extra nibs that came with my tablet to my bro, since he has one for his fancy shmancy art stuff. I only need the one currently on my pen for the years to come as I'll never need to change it. :v
Gumpy
Increase Tablet area and lower osu! resolution helped me.
Bauxe

SlasherZX wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

I know it doesn't "destroy" the tablet. Considering tablets are made to handle lots of usage. Though playing osu! with dragging still takes it's toll in the long run. Not to mention makes the surface of the tablet look awful with those scratch marks everywhere. Besides, having to constantly replace nibs can be costly.

I've always hovered, so I gave away all the extra nibs that came with my tablet to my bro, since he has one for his fancy shmancy art stuff. I only need the one currently on my pen for the years to come as I'll never need to change it. :v
Don't even need to replace nibs.
Topic Starter
E-J
Thank you all for the tips :D i will keep practicing, feel free to keep sending tips
koromo

SlasherZX wrote:

Eh, I've been dragging for 2 years (maybe 3) and my tablet has no scratch marks and I've used about 6 nibs in total (had to buy spare nibs once only). The surface is kinda glossy but that's about it.

Though I realize not everyone drags the same way I do, I just touch the surface of the tablet lightly, plus my aim is pretty good anyway so I have no reason to switch. I sometimes hover for fun but I can't see myself switching.
Soarezi
How the fuck do people do this. Ive been dragging for 2 years, i still have my ctl460 and i still love it full homo. The only thing that has ever broken is my pen because i literally snap it in half lol. Not a single pen nib has worn out to the point where i cant use it anymore.