forum

Takechi Otoya(Manami Kunamura) - Concentration [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenophilius
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on venerdì 12 settembre 2014 at 16:55:35

Artist: Takechi Otoya(Manami Kunamura)
Title: Concentration
Source: Akuma No Riddle
Tags: Akuma no Riddle; Ending; 3; Concentration
BPM: 198,08
Filesize: 23906kb
Play Time: 01:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy - 4Key (1,05 stars, 93 notes)
  2. Insane - 4Key (5,02 stars, 851 notes)
  3. Normal - 4Key (1,54 stars, 267 notes)
Download: Takechi Otoya(Manami Kunamura) - Concentration
Download: Takechi Otoya(Manami Kunamura) - Concentration (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Concentration - Akuma No Riddle 3rd Ending
[Easy] - Done
[Normal] - Done
[Hard] - ???
[Insane] - Done.F
Mysticalia
Hi, random mod~ (New modder here, don't kill me please QQ)

Disclaimer: This turned out to be really long... sorry @_@

Columns: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3

Mod~
[Timing/BPM/Offset:]
  1. You've halved the BPM of the whole song. This song is meant to be fast~
  2. Offset is a bit early too, the sound at 0ms isn't technically part of the melody (you've put the offset on an upbeat instead of the actual main beat :p)
  3. So... try 198.076BPM@189ms. This might be a bit better than the current timing.
  4. Using 25%playback can help with accurately judging offset if you find this sort of tune in the future :3
  5. Don't forget to add in hitsounds at some point (drum/clap/cymbal/etc) or it's unrankable (assuming you're going for rank).
[AIMod]
  1. Audio bitrate - Audacity will let you re-export in 192kbps. You might have to redetermine the offset though.
  2. Preview time of the difficulties must be the same (I'm assuming this will be fixed once all difficulties are done).
  3. Mania doesn't support letterboxing, so there's no need to have it on. In worst cases it might actually distract someone. (Also assuming this will be fixed).

[Normal]
  1. HP8 is too high - this isn't hard or anything, just 7 will do, since easy mode is WIP.
  2. A lot of notes seem to be early. This might be due to the offset.
  3. Try to follow pitch for anything below Hard, otherwise there's nothing there except random notes. High pitch notes in columns 2/3 (right hand), lower pitched in columns 0/1 (left hand) etc - imagine an actual piano.
  4. 1.53 stars is too easy for NM, there're a lot of unmapped stuff in this that can drastically increase difficulty. A lot of 1/4 notes and some 1/8 streams throughout the whole song. Use this to your advantage to make the map a bit harder (but don't overmap - overmapping is in 95% of cases really bad, and don't overshoot 2.25 stars by accident).
  5. 00:00:060 - You don't need this green timing point here, just change the volume using the red timing point.
  6. 01:28:626 (88626|0,88626|2,88626|3,88626|1) - A bit awkward, since you don't use this anywhere else. I know it's tempting to end with something huge (heck, I did this in my map too (and then changed it to something more suitable after someone pointed it out)), but here I think it's just slightly inappropriate for this difficulty at least.

[Hard]
  1. See the "too easy" bullet point above~
  2. W-why is the OD for this lower than NM... O_O at least 7 please~ (I'm assuming you just forgot to change it... hopefully XD)
  3. 00:14:065 (14065|1,14065|0,14065|2,14065|3) - I wouldn't use quadruple notes here. since the sound isn't really that much louder compared to the surrounding areas this, but for cymbals you can consider adding a bit more (layering / note sensitivity).
  4. 00:16:938 (16938|2) - This LN is too early. The guitar starts at around 00:17:127 - . This bit has a mini-stream from a drum.
  5. 01:28:626 (88626|0,88626|3) - You don't need to drag it out that far. Up to 01:28:929 - maximum is probably enough.
*Please note the examples above may not be exclusive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to define some terms here before I go on to the summary. I'm not sure if they have different terms used by anyone else, but since I don't know the "proper" terms (assuming the proper terms exist) I'm going to be using these~ XD

1. Absolute rhythm: The most accurate rhythm of the song possible. This means that all the places where there should be notes have notes. This is the rhythm used by the original composer of the song. 100% absolute rhythm would mean transcribing the song directly into osu!mania as if from the sheet music (of course compensating for lack of hand movement) with a note sensitivity (see below) of 1:1 (music note : mania note).
  2. Resolution: How well the song follows the absolute rhythm of the song. A high resolution will map a high proportion of the rhythm without overmapping, and a low resolution, in other words, is undermapped. A few examples include LNs stretching over beats which could be replaced by normal notes, etc. A harder difficulty song must have a higher resolution than a lower difficulty of the same song.
  3. Note Sensitivity: Almost directly linked to layering but I think not quite. I'll define this as the mapper's definition of what each note represents. Essentially, note sensitivity is the mental thing you go through which directly affects the number of notes involved in layering, and a constant note sensitivity in theory will naturally lead to consistent layering. The least sensitive note (ratio X music notes to 1 mania note) is at worst a single LN through the whole map, whereas the most sensitive note (ratio 1 music note to X mania notes) only represents one or part of a note of one instrument at any time. A high note sensitivity leads to higher map resolution and a sustained note sensitivity of 1:1 will lead to 100% transcriptional accuracy (how the layering in osu compares to the properly transcribed music onto the actual music score, assuming it existed). An oversensitive note (a ratio of mania:music of greater than 1:1) is fine, as long as it's consistent, makes sense and not ridiculously overdone (e.g. 2 notes for a single cymbal sound).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Summary]
  1. Fix your BPM/offset/AImod issues, then go through the difficulties again and move the notes in their right positions. Don't forget to use the reduced playback for offset/BPM accuracy~
  2. I think you're prioritising vocal over background music? Try not to do this. Map vocal only as a last resort (because it's really easy to just play the vocal of a song. I wouldn't use this strategy for anything above NM difficulty), or you can make it alter between vocal / bgm consistently throughout the song, but there should be enough background stuff to not having to resort to vocal. Also, try to avoid using LNs for vocal in 4K too much (save it for 6/7/8K where you have more space).
  3. There're also a few layering issues I think? Especially where 4 notes were used at once, as it seems completely random and not even in a position (such as e.g. kiai) that would qualify for using additional oversensitive notes.
  4. A few places I think have a few misused LNs, especially on the harder difficulties.
  5. Don't be afraid to make it harder. At the moment it's too easy - almost as if you've based this off the autoconverts. (If this is the case then I've done it before too. You can afford to make songs a lot harder on proper mania maps comared to those osu!std converts!)
  6. I think the overall resolution is too low for a proper mania map, even if you have harder difficulties in progress. You can probably afford to go deeper into the rhythm, don't be afraid to map every sound, as long as you don't accidentally overmap. This'll bring up your star rating and make it more fun to play. In other words, both difficulties seem undermapped, and they're not reaching their full potential in terms of difficulty.

I'm sorry if some of the things I've said may have seemed a bit harsh, but I think there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done at the moment, but this map definitely has a lot of potential~ :) keep working on it!

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Xenophilius
Thanks so much! start working immediately to beatmap with your advice!