forum

Is it my fault or the equipment's fault?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
I had this issue once, except i 100% knew that i was hitting the notes, eventually i ended up feeling stupid and realized it was because mouse buttons were enabled

hit F10 and there ya go.
nrl
Post the replay.
I Give Up
Most of the time it is indeed user error and not equipment malfunction, sometimes it is a mixture of the two.

If you are using forced vsync or any sorcery like that from driver software then I recommend you should disable this or make a profile for osu! game. I disabled my radeon pro settings for osu which resolved the issue of my keyboard randomly ghosting for split millisecond.

You're keyboard is fine for now, I'm using $5 rubberdome and its worked out so far.
[Bystander]
I was missing every triple / stream one day and I started getting really frustrated.
I looked at my settings and me Z key was unbound lol.

Why are Kailh switches bad? Do they feel different than Cherry MX? Do they break?
I've always liked the Keycool keyboards but they don't ship with Cherry MX anymore, only Kailh.
AmaiHachimitsu

[Bystander] wrote:

Why are Kailh switches bad? Do they feel different than Cherry MX? Do they break?
I've always liked the Keycool keyboards but they don't ship with Cherry MX anymore, only Kailh.
The difference is analogic to typical original product (MX) and fake chinese one (Kailh)

fake chinese is cheaper, is of lower quality and what comes with it - less durable

And their feel is not as good as MX Reds'

And they are a bit heavier.

Still better than rubber dome, I think
Topic Starter
Holorin
@ Riiince: Since I got a tablet, I always F10 before playing
@ Narill: I didn't save it, but I can play on my laptop and post it here. Not until weekend, though.
@ KukiMonster: No vsync, I played on 120fps and I use DirectX. My GPU is onboard, but most of the time it can handle 120fps fine, just when I open too many programs then it starts to become laggy.
@ Bystander: Nope, that's not the issue. And AmaiHatchimitsu pretty much answered your question.
One more thing, the misses happened only when I encountered jumps. To be specific, I played maps like Koigokoro, Electric Angel, Tell Your World (both long and short version). I used to FC the latter two easily, but now I can't :(Also in the past I never had a problem with Tesoro keyboard but when I had a tablet, I could play at home with my laptop and this happened :(
cheezstik
Try checking your soundcard / sound drivers and settings. When I bought a new soundcard osu suddenly became really weird, the music was really delayed and the hitsounds were even more delayed, making every note a 50, and making me break at every slider. Turns out I had to disable some asus game effects feature or something like that, and it fixed the problem.
Bauxe
Post a replay file here if you still don't have it solved. Then, we can check it and see what you are doing wrong.
Topic Starter
Holorin
I know it is a bad example, but can u guys see this replay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYnfiwtMU8
This was my first hour with a tablet so my aim was bad, but if you find anything weird with the misses that I have positioned my cursors correctly, please do tell :) I find 2:00 to 2:05 close to the problem.
And don't even bother with the HT Airman jokes, I did Hoshizora and Remote Control too :P
Sorry for the low fps and the end part, my laptop is quite old (3 years)
Anyway if that you guys can't find anything I will post a replay this afternoon if I encounter this problem again. I will go to a internet cafe with Filco keyboard today 8-)
Synpoo
why are you trying to play airman in the first place
Topic Starter
Holorin

exozion wrote:

why are you trying to play airman in the first place
To train my aim with a tablet :P I was trying to find a comfortable area and Airman + Hoshizora + Remote Control have full screen jumps
nrl
It won't do you much good to practice full-screen jumps if you don't master smaller jumps first, you'll just make a habit of flailing around.
Topic Starter
Holorin

Narrill wrote:

It won't do you much good to practice full-screen jumps if you don't master smaller jumps first, you'll just make a habit of flailing around.
So you find any problems? I just want to know my area, I don't practice with Airman and all that shit :P
Gumpy
With 6k plays it's probably you.
Topic Starter
Holorin

Gumpyyy wrote:

With 6k playes it's probably you.
Hate to be a douchebag but *plays. It hurts my eyes seeing this :o
Anyway yeah it's probably me, I'm going back to basics with my new tablet. Thanks guys for the replies!
Gumpy

Oppai Neko wrote:

I was at school while typing that so I did not really pay to much attention.
Topic Starter
Holorin

Gumpyyy wrote:

Oppai Neko wrote:

I was at school while typing that so I did not really pay to much attention.
Okay.... *too
Damn :( Being a smartass feels horrible :o
Bauxe

Oppai Neko wrote:

I know it is a bad example, but can u guys see this replay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYnfiwtMU8
This was my first hour with a tablet so my aim was bad, but if you find anything weird with the misses that I have positioned my cursors correctly, please do tell :) I find 2:00 to 2:05 close to the problem.
And don't even bother with the HT Airman jokes, I did Hoshizora and Remote Control too :P
Sorry for the low fps and the end part, my laptop is quite old (3 years)
Anyway if that you guys can't find anything I will post a replay this afternoon if I encounter this problem again. I will go to a internet cafe with Filco keyboard today 8-)
I meant a replay file, not an upload. It makes it easier to actually analyse. But at 2:00, that is you missing the circles. If you watch it slowly, you hover over them, then move towards the next one, then press. Your timing is off.
iWhorse

Oppai Neko wrote:

One more thing, the misses happened only when I encountered jumps. To be specific, I played maps like Koigokoro, Electric Angel, Tell Your World (both long and short version). I used to FC the latter two easily, but now I can't :(
if you randomly miss jumps\your cursor feels slower than it used to be it's probably input lag, and even if this isn't this should help anyways

-put FPS limiter to none, download dxtory and limit to 120 with that instead(reduces input lag(If you can hit 240FPS\480FPS use those limiters instead))
-kill aero(If you're Win8, get process explorer, run as admin, kill explorer.exe > suspend winlogon.exe > kill dwm.exe)
-get osu! input delay remover(win8(t/218783))
-go in your graphics card drivers, set flip queue to 1 or 0 depending on graphics card(0 is better), disable vsync if it's enabled
-in task manager,if you have multiple cores, set osu to only use the minimum amount to achieve the FPS you were limited at from before(1 core pref)
-https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/188356 is good but you'll be dropping too much fps and it breaks dxtory(and i don't think MSI afterburner supports limiting fps anymore?)

tons more stuff to do, but i'll just leave it to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =255101484
Wishy
Ok mate I'll break it down to you quite simple:

You are bad, you miss because you are bad and are playing maps too hard for you.
gameon123321
Ummmm...

I think what's happening is that your hands and your eye aren't coordinated. Your aiming and clicking aren't connected (e.g. if your hand gets to a hit circle early, it's already in the middle of jumping to the next hitcircle, so it counts as a miss. Try dimming the screen and playing a few cs 5-6 maps, and some harder maps with HD.
Don't worry, you'll get better!
winber1

Wishy wrote:

You are bad, you miss because you are bad and are playing maps too hard for you because you are bad.
fixed
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

Wishy wrote:

You are bad, you miss because you are bad and are playing maps too hard for you because you are bad.
fixed
hidoi

OP the first few are aimed off, the tornado jumps are timed off. You're moving to/away from them too fast, and click too late.
Topic Starter
Holorin

Wishy wrote:

Ok mate I'll break it down to you quite simple:

You are bad, you miss because you are bad and are playing maps too hard for you.
Obviously you didn't read what I wrote in my first post. I don't deal with ignorant people like you.

nooblet wrote:

OP the first few are aimed off, the tornado jumps are timed off. You're moving to/away from them too fast, and click too late.
Yeah this is the problem. I've been practicing with my tablet and the problem dissapeared

Anyway is there a mod to lock this thread? Or I have to pm them?