forum

New release system testing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
peppy
This is a known issue and will be fixed before things go live (offline support).
Kon
Got this after trying to launch osu!

When i put it in the actual directory it worked perfectly. But when i re-opened the application it gave me that error.
Howl
The background of the new updater thingamabob has a kinda weird flashing. http://hnng.moe/4H
Ryu Sei
It exists. It's intended I guess.
The new osu! release won't run unless you're online while running the program. It goes to this window when you're offline;

When you're connected to internet at this state, the updater suddenly works, updating osu!, then runs osu!, and the text that says "Welcome to Bancho!" won't disappears.
Howl

Ryu Sei wrote:

It exists. It's intended I guess.
The new osu! release won't run unless you're online while running the program. It goes to this window when you're offline;

When you're connected to internet at this state, the updater suddenly works, updating osu!, then runs osu!, and the text that says "Welcome to Bancho!" won't disappears.

peppy wrote:

This is a known issue and will be fixed before things go live (offline support).
Dozy Van
I taught this was a bug on my end but maybe its something else as now is the 2nd time it has happened.

After an update this sometimes happens. The game won't start and this is whats going on with Osu! in task manager.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25i3zr21zf8wx ... 0.avi?dl=0

Just to give you some information

My system boots off of an SSD but I have Osu! on my 3TB internal HDD. I just end the processes that are stuck in a loop and then start Osu! again and its all good.
statementreply

peppy wrote:

try to break it.
  1. Replace bass.dll with something else
  2. Pippi got the cookie
P.S. Actually I first tried substituting a different version of bass.dll
Amelia

Dozy Van wrote:

I taught this was a bug on my end but maybe its something else as now is the 2nd time it has happened.

After an update this sometimes happens. The game won't start and this is whats going on with Osu! in task manager.

My system boots off of an SSD but I have Osu! on my 3TB internal HDD. I just end the processes that are stuck in a loop and then start Osu! again and its all good.
Same thing just happened to me.
Update, restart, then it went nuts with the proccess
Pannari
Replaced the old *.exe... Now my folder looks like this.

When I try to run osu!.exe I get this.

Here are my permission settings.

Edit: Reinstalled executable and now I get this.
PatZar

Quack wrote:

1K, 2K, and 3K dayum.
Dozy Van

Koalsa wrote:

Dozy Van wrote:

Same thing just happened to me.
Update, restart, then it went nuts with the proccess
Do you have Osu on a 2nd HDD or just outside the default install directory? Because I think its looking for an auto-start or something in the default C: install directory when a restart+update happens.
NoScreename
I've been using the test version for two weeks, and seems like it's mostly stable. I'm worried about a few bugs that are already known though. :|
Topic Starter
peppy
Could you please check if the infinite restarting thing is better now?

You can probably stop the infinite restart process by deleting _osu!.exe; let me know if that helps.
Dozy Van
I just did a fresh install so its not in the same place it was. (its still not being kept in the default install directory tho)

It appears to be working fine for me now
Topic Starter
peppy
i'll push some updates today, so please make sure they apply successfully.
Dozy Van
As I just reinstalled my system with windows 8.1 (my 1st time with windows 8) my graphic drivers came with this "AMD Gaming Evolved" thing.

I felt it was giving performance drops for more accurate jumps so I just closed it via the popup menu while osu" was running. This dropped osu! to this screen

and "Continue" will not work, and either does "Details". and pressing "X" puts you into an infinite loop of that notice re-appearing and you unable to hit "Exit osu!". It has to be killed in Task Manager.

As for the testing it worked with it installed into a different directory on the single HDD but I am moving a non updated backup of osu! to my other internal HDD and that's what was giving me the bug. Once its uploaded I'll post on if the update was successful or not. and try it with my windows 8 and 7 installs.
Magnolia
when not connected to the internet and trying to switch to "Stable" the entire game crashes instantly
Topic Starter
peppy
I've been fixing the things you guys report here, one issue at a time.

If you have anything broken, please bring it up with me via any means possible (no matter how small).

Here's a new version of the executable which will act as an installer. It now lets you choose a directory and also downloads bundled maps.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16332218/osu!.exe
wyrena
i changed the update settings to cutting edge. it downloaded the newest files but after restart then placed the release stream option back to stable and started downloading older files. might be a bug.
Topic Starter
peppy
@wyrena: does this happen every time?
Sanjenin Nagi
WMCrucial
I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with this but i downloaded the new version and ever since i ran it i can't log in on the new one or the old one at all, I've tried deleting the new one and running the old one, I've tried uninstalling the it and re-installing it from a old install and an up-to-date installer and nothing work's it just sits at log in and won't attempt to log into bancho. I can even see score's from everyone else but it won't retrieve my rank or submit scores.
Topic Starter
peppy
That doesn't souind specific to the update. Try restarting your PC and router.
[-Sophie-]_old
Why can't we update it in the normal osu! folder?
If we select to create it in a new place, why can't it create a "osu!" folder?
Is the normal text "help?" on the updater going to be changed so it dosen't look misplaced?

also, can the build be changed to something like
b[buildid]systest? so we know we are on it
Topic Starter
peppy
Why can't you what the what the what?

Follow instructions, or provide reasons you "can't"

And no, I am not changing build names to your specification. What the fuck.
[-Sophie-]_old

peppy wrote:

Why can't you what the what the what?

Follow instructions, or provide reasons you "can't"
Ok.
Why can't we update it in the normal osu! folder?
Meaning, can we move the test osu! into the normal osu! folder and will it update?

re-edit Never asked for you to change it to my liking, but just so we know we are on the system build .-.
removed shit
Topic Starter
peppy
Why can't you? Did you even try? Did you even read? Oh my god. Stop testing this release, please.
[-Sophie-]_old

peppy wrote:

Why can't you? Did you even try? Did you even read? Oh my god. Stop testing this release, please.
yo dnt be rude, I fucked up, chill holy.
WMCrucial
It work's now i don't know if it's was the pc restart or what happen but thank peppy for his computer wizardry for fixing my game, and i shall be leaving test build for fear of this happening again for whatever reason. thank you.
Bufa
using the "cutting edge" version, I noticed that streaming and gameplay in general seems a bit more smooth, but the raw input sometimes fails me, getting a 6ms delay, which I didn't have before. What happened? (mouseonly)
Topic Starter
peppy
all in your head.
Bufa

peppy wrote:

all in your head.
yup :3 also, loved the "new" target practice mod. it's pure awesomeness :3 :3 :3
WhoLovesSoup
When you spectate someone using Target Practice it just says they failed like 100 times and it just keeps failing them on your screen but on theirs they dont fail they just play like nothing happening!
AdventTechno

WhoLovesSoup wrote:

When you spectate someone using Target Practice it just says they failed like 100 times and it just keeps failing them on your screen but on theirs they dont fail they just play like nothing happening!
Can confirm this too... It's really weird... Tried to spec. him on it and vise versa and the same result... Idk if this is just a generic bug or a bug in this release...
MillhioreF
Target Practice isn't complete yet (the random seed isn't properly dispersed over spectator mode among other things.)

Don't worry about new cutting edge features too much for now - peppy is mostly looking for bugs with switching between stable and cutting edge, as well as issues with the new installer/repair dialog.
AdventTechno
I can tell you one thing about the updater that I saw... My friend WhoLovesSoup and I were in a Skype call where he screen-shared his installation to this build... It failed multiple times but we figured it out...

I told him to simply move the osu!.exe from the .zip (Unpacked first of course) to his original install path so he didn't have multiple copies of OSU!
(I had done the same on my Windows 7 Computer, on the same day, and I had/have no problems with anything to do with anything...)

He then ran osu!.exe and it crashed immediately... So I told him to delete ALL the .dll files so it could self heal... OSU! stopped responding... It didn't even run the Internal/Embedded Updater... It just insta-crashed...
(He's on Windows 8.1...)

So I told him to run osume.exe and let it download the .dll's... He ran it afterward but it didn't have Release Stream options so I told him to run osume.exe again and select "Download and Run Test Build"... That did the trick and I told him to download and run it on Cutting Edge... His OSU! is running/working fine now but for whatever reason it won't self heal on his Windows 8.1 computer...

Hope you can solve this problem/issue :D
Topic Starter
peppy
your post contains zero useful information. no crash data? no error logs? no video? don't bother posting.
AdventTechno

peppy wrote:

your post contains zero useful information. no crash data? no error logs? no video? don't bother posting.
Understandable... Sorry about that... I will try to get the needed data...
Kurokami
Working for my but I want to get back the previous new combos for CtB. Now it is working as in every other mode but previously every fruit had a different color. Its really annoying to see the same color during 5+ combos if you are using custom skin.
Bufa
one thing about the new TP mod: it still is pretty buggy, specially in spectator mode. But still, it's amazingly amazing ^3^
show more