forum

Always play combo break sound for the first miss of a song.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +108
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
Always play the combo break sound for the very first miss or other type of combo break that happens in a song, even if the combo break happened too early for the combo to be high enough to play the break sound when the combo is broken. Avoids the issue of an early, silent combo break going unnoticed and ruining what would otherwise have been a full combo.
teasp00n
Or you could just change your skin so that the miss symbol is bigger so you clearly see if you miss.
Redon
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Redon wrote:

teasp00n wrote:

Or you could just change your skin so that the miss symbol is bigger so you clearly see if you miss.
You can break your combo without missing a note.
Yes, early slider breaks are the primary thing that this change would help catch.
Since currently, a slider break (or any other miss) in the first 20ish hits of the song will be silent.
Bara-
I'd say they should do it for every note (as a toggle --> ( ) Always use combo-break sounds (even under 20-30 combo)
For tge 1st I definitely agree
Dainesl
Basically the combo-break sound only plays if your Combo is 21 or more at the time, if it's 0-20 it won't play. Slider-breaks are a thing but I don't see how often somebody would miss on the first 20 Combo of a song unless the beginning is like ridiculously hard by comparison
xxdeathx
Support! There have been several times that I would have FC'ed a song except that I didn't notice the slider break in the beginning.

Dainesl wrote:

Basically the combo-break sound only plays if your Combo is 21 or more at the time, if it's 0-20 it won't play. Slider-breaks are a thing but I don't see how often somebody would miss on the first 20 Combo of a song unless the beginning is like ridiculously hard by comparison
It is a lot more common than you think, and often I don't notice it!!
Sea_Food

baraatje123 wrote:

I'd say they should do it for every note (as a toggle --> ( ) Always use combo-break sounds (even under 20-30 combo)
Miss a part of a stream
Ba-ba-ba-ba-baka
Granger

Sea_Food wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Miss a part of a stream
Ba-ba-ba-ba-baka
A simple solution would be always use combo-break sounds except for consectuive misses, which basically means you have to hit a hitobject successfully before you hear combo-break sounds again.
Zare
listen to your hitsounds? :v

Granger wrote:

A simple solution would be always use combo-break sounds except for consectuive misses, which basically means you have to hit a hitobject successfully before you hear combo-break sounds again.
Yeah and then have fun on Eighto or Airman or Disconnected, hearing the same fucking obnoxious sound every 3 circles @_@ Please no.

generally I can see where OP is coming from tho, so I'm kinda neutral on the original idea. But don't have the miss sound on every effing miss..
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Zare wrote:

listen to your hitsounds? :v

Granger wrote:

Yeah and then have fun on Eighto or Airman or Disconnected, hearing the same fucking obnoxious sound every 3 circles @_@ Please no.

generally I can see where OP is coming from tho, so I'm kinda neutral on the original idea. But don't have the miss sound on every effing miss..
I do agree, combo break on every miss is pretty excessive. But I won't say that there's no variation on that feature that could work well, so for anyone who prefers the idea of break sounds on every miss, I'd recommend starting a separate thread for that idea.
Cerulean Veyron
Always play the combo-break sound on the first miss? Hmm... That'd sound annoying to me g.g
Nutella
Would be nice if you could toggle it on and off but then again, there's no need for this to be implemented if you have good eyes and/or ears in my opinion. I can notice I slider broke before the 20 combo even with the UI disabled.
Oinari-sama
t/201413 might be a better alternative imo.

If you get a 100 within the first 30 notes you're more likely to retry anyway...
Shadowriver
If full combo is your aim why dont you try playing on sudden death or perfect if you aim for SS?
Sea_Food

Shadowriver wrote:

If full combo is your aim why dont you try playing on sudden death or perfect if you aim for SS?
if you are okay with missing a note in the end
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Shadowriver wrote:

A slider break interrupts your combo without counting as a miss.
Shadowriver

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

Shadowriver wrote:

And sudden death reacts to that, if you didn't notice
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Shadowriver wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

And sudden death reacts to that, if you didn't notice
Well, true, my mistake. I think it didn't formerly do that?

But even so, many people are willing to restart a song if they combo break very early, but not later on, so sudden death isn't a perfect solution.
Shadowriver

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

Well, true, my mistake. I think it didn't formerly do that?

But even so, many people are willing to restart a song if they combo break very early, but not later on, so sudden death isn't a perfect solution.
Well i'm +1 on sound on specific points idea anyway :p
Sivarro
Seems like the Support Staff didn't actually read my post before marking it a duplicate, so I'm having to post it here.

Right now, as I understand, you must be on at least a 21 combo for the combo break sound to play. This can cause misses towards the start of a song to go unnoticed, destroying the dreams of many players who thought they just FC'd. I think it would be a pretty cool feature if the player could adjust this number. This is not disruptive to players who prefer the current setting, and allows customization for those who would like it.

There have been requests that dealt with fixing this problem in the past, but I didn't see any that included this solution.

Thanks.
Bara-
Nice bump!
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
Well, I definitely would still like this feature to be implemented, so it's nice to see that there's still some interest surrounding it.
Capuchon
*bump*

as an alternative to always playing the combo-break sound, i would suggest to implement a new audio file that get's played for every missed note / sliderbreak.
that way you can customize both soundeffects, or use the same for both cases.
Adder
bump, i agree with 1st post
1st combo break: always played
2nd onwards: only play if over 20x combo