forum

I'm looking for a good keypad for osu! help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scintillate
Alright so right now I play on a laptop. And the keys are really shitty for gaming because well, it's a laptop.

I was looking at the razer keypad and the reviews for the 75ish dollar one said the keys start to break/stick after not much use. So I'm not sure if that's the greatest choice.

What would you guys recommend for me?

nrl
Keypad? For $75 you might as well get a full keyboard.
Topic Starter
Scintillate

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Keypad? For $75 you might as well get a full keyboard.
Well that was just one of them that I found. It's not like I'm looking for keypads only in that price range.
cheaptricks
You could try the Addesso AKP-220B with blue switches for $30 on Amazon, or the Filco Majestouch Tenkeypad with Brown switches.
Topic Starter
Scintillate
Thanks! What switches do you prefer personally? I know about all of the switches and which color does what, but I've never actually tested them myself.
cheaptricks
It's just a matter of preference I think. Reds will give you good speed/stamina, but tactile switches (blue/brown) will help with accuracy. You should just try them out in a store if you can or something. I have reds right now and I'm having trouble with accuracy, but it's maybe because I haven't gotten used to them yet.
Gumpy
Just don't get razer it's overpriced for what you get.
deletemyaccount

cheaptricks wrote:

It's just a matter of preference I think. Reds will give you good speed/stamina, but tactile switches (blue/brown) will help with accuracy. You should just try them out in a store if you can or something. I have reds right now and I'm having trouble with accuracy, but it's maybe because I haven't gotten used to them yet.
you haven't gotten used to them yet
NixXSkate

Philantropist wrote:

cheaptricks wrote:

you haven't gotten used to them yet
Just keep it as a matter of preference, before everyone goes saying things like "reds are bettr" "no browns r the best" "black 4 stamina" "blues feel like sex".
[Bystander]
Mechanical Keypads are definitely a niche market.

Here is the best option I found Keypad.

Edit: Out of Stock woops
Aria Kanzaki
I got a Leopold brown switch keypad (the one sayo uses) recently and i prefer it over my SteelSeries G6v/2 red swith. The quality is amazing and i'm overly content with it. I got it for around 45 bucks in korea and it definately worths my money. I think you can buy it easily on ebay or any other online shopping sites.
Topic Starter
Scintillate
After thinking about it I'm prolly just going to get a keyboard. The only reason why I wanted a keypad instead is because I didn't know how I would set another keyboard with a laptop but I'm just dumb.