forum

aim gets worse as accuracy gets better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
so ive got my ur down to a consistent 100-120 modless/170-180 with DT but it seems like i cant land jumps like i could a few weeks or even a month ago. if i keep practicing accuracy to get sub 100/150 will my aim get even worse? its the damndest thing. ive always had bad aim but for the past few days its been absolutely abysmal.
GoldenWolf
Because you tend to focus more on accuracy than aim it logically gets worse, if you put more focus on your aim it will eventually get better over time, at the price of not improving accuracy as fast as it is now
Gumpy
Go back to easy/normal maps and learn the basics again.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Because you tend to focus more on accuracy than aim it logically gets worse, if you put more focus on your aim it will eventually get better over time, at the price of not improving accuracy as fast as it is now
so because more of my attention is on accurately hitting my cursor is having a hard time finding its mark? i feel dumb for not thinking of that...
GoldenWolf
pretty much
buny
Your aim gets worse if you don't maintain the level at which you're attained at - the only corrolation it could have with accuracy is if you are
1) not yet adapted to synchronising your keystrokes with your cursor movements, or your cursor movements are not synchronising with the beat also.
2) playing easier aim maps - training a single aspect is easy, and effectively making good plays requires you to use these aspects simultaneously.

An easy way to fix your problem is to simply apply whatever you learned onto your normal every day map you played a few weeks/months ago.
Having a balance of these aspects will help prevent you from diminishing your skills, which is most likely the reason as to why your aim has gotten progressively worse.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

2) playing easier aim maps - training a single aspect is easy, and effectively making good plays requires you to use these aspects simultaneously.
i went on like a week long pp farm crusade which involved specifically playing maps that tailored to my strengths namely streams so... yeah... whoops...

thanks i guess ill get together a collection of aim maps together now.. my play on dango dango drum and bass pretty much sum me up as a player, SS every od8 streams then miss on a jump a 3 year old could complete at the end.
GhostFrog
FCing a map with good accuracy takes better aim than FCing it with poor accuracy (you can take a few dozen extra precious milliseconds for a jump in exchange for a 100). I don't know if that has anything to do with your issue or not but it might - on maps in which you "lead" with your tapping hand, you could be missing jumps that you would have made had you been aiming first and tapping when you know you're at the circle.
Ichi

GhostFrog wrote:

FCing a map with good accuracy takes better aim than FCing it with poor accuracy (you can take a few dozen extra precious milliseconds for a jump in exchange for a 100). I don't know if that has anything to do with your issue or not but it might - on maps in which you "lead" with your tapping hand, you could be missing jumps that you would have made had you been aiming first and tapping when you know you're at the circle.
It really doesn´t, you still have to be over the circle. Unless you are spamming the map that is. I don´t believe people say "oh okay ima get a 100 now so i can get faster to the next note". Bad acc sometimes just happens, youre abit distracted or off beat, started hitting a note too early and then you can´t get back on rhytm, i don´t really think aim has that much to do with accu as in the way you put it.

Fcing a map with good accuraccy has more to do with the reading and understanding of the map and your sence of rhytm of course, aim well you just are over your circle or you are somewhere else.
GhostFrog

Ichi wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

It really doesn´t, you still have to be over the circle. Unless you are spamming the map that is. I don´t believe people say "oh okay ima get a 100 now so i can get faster to the next note". Bad acc sometimes just happens, youre abit distracted or off beat, started hitting a note too early and then you can´t get back on rhytm, i don´t really think aim has that much to do with accu as in the way you put it.

Fcing a map with good accuraccy has more to do with the reading and understanding of the map and your sence of rhytm of course, aim well you just are over your circle or you are somewhere else.
Well, sorry, but you're just wrong. There will be times when you won't be over the next note in time for a 300 but you will be over it in time for a 100. If you refuse to accept anything other than a 300, you miss the note and move on to the next. If you're willing to take the accuracy hit, you tap late and possibly get a few 100s, but hold combo. Getting a high accuracy FC on a jumpy map requires making each jump in the correct amount of time. Getting a lower accuracy FC is still possible if your aim is too slow.
nrl

Ichi wrote:

*'
thelewa

Gumpyyy wrote:

but the basics are learned at Insanes
kriers
Actually, aim gets easier with more accuracy given you actually play for accuracy. Timing jumps and giving yourself the time needed is much easier with rhythmical precision but often it's easier to hit circles if you only focus on doing just that.

As someone with a lot of experience on losing aim for various reasons (;_;), I find the only way to regain aim is to ignore misses and eat up all the 0x100 7xmiss scores that I frequently get until they become... 0x100 1xmiss scores. Yeah I haven't solved this one yet.
Top Bunk

thelewa wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Oh pls, we all know the basics are learned by repeating the tutorial 300 times.
Ichi

GhostFrog wrote:

Well, sorry, but you're just wrong. There will be times when you won't be over the next note in time for a 300 but you will be over it in time for a 100. If you refuse to accept anything other than a 300, you miss the note and move on to the next. If you're willing to take the accuracy hit, you tap late and possibly get a few 100s, but hold combo. Getting a high accuracy FC on a jumpy map requires making each jump in the correct amount of time. Getting a lower accuracy FC is still possible if your aim is too slow.

Yeah i just don´t fc airman because im going for the SS if i were to tap earlier then id definetly reach every note and get a fc, not really because my aim isn´t that good. You can´t predict when you are going to get a 300 or a 100 or a 50 or a miss, you just try to aim and sometimes you fuck up, how would i not accept something other than a 300? i do my best to get 300s but sometimes you just don´t... im not saying you´re entirely wrong, just making emphasis on something which is not too relevant since acc has not that much to do with aim or vice versa, since you can have good aim and bad accuraccy and not necesarily be bad at both if you´re bad at one of them.
nrl
I don't agree with the way GhostFrog explained it, but you are wrong. Because you have to click during the window when your cursor is over the note aim and accuracy are intrinsically linked; this is the concept of hand synchronization. In an ideal world both your hands would sync to the timing of the map rather than each other, but it doesn't really work that way in practice since no one has perfect aim and accuracy, and the fact that hand synchronization is prioritized over precise individual timing means that if the player has good synchronization one hand will wait for the other if it lags behind, allowing the player to hit jumps that a player with worse synchronization would have missed, albeit with lower accuracy.
Ichi
You are right, i guess i lost my point and realised it half way through, my point was, they are related just not the way he said it. Shouldn´t have tried to explain it since i don´t know it very well myself. I just think that what he said isn´t completely true.
Gumpy

thelewa wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

The super basics.
Senpai noticed me.
otoed1
Playmore.

Kappa

Ok in reality you should practice either a bunch of fairly easy ish kinda sorta jump maps to OD 10 and play the hell out of those until you get better at accuracy and consistent aim, or play a ton of hard aim maps until you get good at aim then go back to getting good accuracy. I did the latter unintentionally and my accuracy was at around 89% for the longest time so I wouldn't recommend the latter, but I'm climbing back up so who knows.
B1rd
I've found that focusing on accuracy actually increased my aim, because I was more aware of the circles' space in time, and therefore the the speed I'd need to move my cursor to hit them. For example, there's some normal spaced notes and then a 2x spacing jump, I'd be able to better distinguish that there was a jump since the circle was a farther distance than the others with the same 1/2 beat time spacing. It also helps me with doing patterns, since I'm paying more attention on hitting every note to the right timing, which prevents me from skipping a circle in the pattern.

Riince wrote:

thanks i guess ill get together a collection of aim maps together now.. my play on dango dango drum and bass pretty much sum me up as a player, SS every od8 streams then miss on a jump a 3 year old could complete at the end.
what? that map is like the flagship map in my no streams map collection. also you can always try again to get your S.
buny
I don't recall typing this.
BRAH

Riince wrote:

hey we could be friends