forum

(Taiko) 4 Player View

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +201
show more
PatZar
NEED
drum drum
madness

but yeah, it would be cool
MostDakka
Mania needs too.

Also player should be hilghlighed somehow at all times, also this should be optional for every player.
DestinySonata
NEED

not just want, but NEED
[ Dom ]
NEED
Also,hai tuxxy <3
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

[ Dom ] wrote:

NEED
Also,hai tuxxy <3
Hewwo x3
OzzyOzrock
WEED shit NEED

Liked this idea since I first saw it but never thought of your idea to use it for modding etc aha
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old
editor maybe?
Trash Boat
need, but why isn't starred yet?
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

need, but why isn't starred yet?

This request is too new to be promoted, please wait 24 hours since topic was created.

Oinari-sama
This will actually work quite well with t/117094.
Nwolf
It would make modding AND mapping taiko difficulties so much easier so you can see better how different or similar to diffs are mapped to each other, finding inconsistent stuff etc.

NEED
Sey

Nwolf wrote:

It would make modding AND mapping taiko difficulties so much easier so you can see better how different or similar to diffs are mapped to each other, finding inconsistent stuff etc.
Why only Taiko? Consistency aspects also need to be checked in other game modes. If that really should be implemented as tool to assist the modding process (because I see no other use for it to be honest, at least for me) then there should be an equivalent for other game modes.
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

Sey wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

Why only Taiko? Consistency aspects also need to be checked in other game modes. If that really should be implemented as tool to assist the modding process (because I see no other use for it to be honest, at least for me) then there should be an equivalent for other game modes.
I do agree with this, but there are aspects to take into consideration such as how it is laid out.
Soner Wolf

Sey wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

I actually think it would be difficult or impossible to make something like that for say standard mode. things would just get in the way of each other when you view them because of different distance snaps and such. With taiko, it's all about the rhythm, not the placement.

EDIT: That being said, we NEED this feature. bye bye all my stars!
OnosakiHito
Pretty good timing. I was currently making a list with bugs and old features I wanted to show off in the Team.
One of the ideas is this one as well, so I would support this. It would help in modding a lot, since in this way people can check spread issues or similarities in patterns way better.

SPOILER
Example:
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

OnosakiHito wrote:

SPOILER
Example:
The image is very conclusive. This would be an better looking and more improved way to mod diffs in the editor without making a whole new timing look similar to what I advocated (was a draft, so hey).
Shadowriver
In online, problem is network latency, making near impossible to sync all players precisely such a multi view, but people may don't mind unsynced views, also in local that would no be a problem :)
Krah
Actually something to see the timeline of all your diffs in editor can clearly be a good thing. Not really just in taiko.
Sey

Krah wrote:

Actually something to see the timeline of all your diffs in editor can clearly be a good thing. Not really just in taiko.
Exactly. That was the actual idea behind my post ;)
Timelines between all difficulties can really be helpful for any mode and will simplify the modding process a lot.
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

Shadowriver wrote:

In online, problem is network latency, making near impossible to sync all players precisely such a multi view, but people may don't mind unsynced views, also in local that would no be a problem :)
Latency would be a problem, but i'm sure there would be a way around it.

I'm thinking of another possibility. Playing against a replay. You could play against, for example, one of Orukaa's replays and see who gets the higher score. You could play with or without mods. This is similar to a VS section implemented in to Elite Beat Agents:

"This mode can also be played by a single player against a saved replay for any song." - EBA Wikipedia page

This is a possibility for any mode
XinCrin
This is a good idea. Support.
Shadowriver

Tuxxy wrote:

Shadowriver wrote:

Latency would be a problem, but i'm sure there would be a way around it.

I'm thinking of another possibility. Playing against a replay. You could play against, for example, one of Orukaa's replays and see who gets the higher score. You could play with or without mods. This is similar to a VS section implemented in to Elite Beat Agents:

"This mode can also be played by a single player against a saved replay for any song." - EBA Wikipedia page

This is a possibility for any mode
Aka ghost mode (in racing games) :) sounds like idea not only for taiko
Topic Starter
Tuxxy_old

Shadowriver wrote:

Yes. Coming back to my previous post again, there are considerations such as how it would be laid out.
Shadowriver

Tuxxy wrote:

Shadowriver wrote:

Yes. Coming back to my previous post again, there are considerations such as how it would be laid out.
Well with osu and ctb it would be easy, just half faded ghost of cursor and plate, in mania "2nd player" would be on the side ddr style or else there no place for keys. Quastion is in osu or ctb ghosting would not make things easier?
Grimbow
I really like the sound of that. I'll throw some stars at this when I renew supporter :)
Raiden
Revive. We need this.
OzzyOzrock
Bumping because if I don't get this soon I'll run over my grandmother with a 1942 Jalopy.

Assuming that this thread gets us ONLY get 4-player view in the editor (tho tbh that's good enough), here's other things I'd love:

- Visibility of big notes.
- Visibility of slider ticks (often broken nowadays?)
- Simple placement of either don or katu, holding shift or something could toggle size.

Things editor should probably have to save time:

- Ability to select notes and apply a gradual slow-down or speed-up. Green lines would be added automatically with static amounts lowered every note.
- Storing a pattern (std: slider etc.) instead of having to put what we want to store in an empty section of the map to not lose it in our clipboard.

And other stuff that I can't think of because I'm sleepy. But holy moly, editor re-work soon please.
silly concept art from old post www
Bara-
YES PLEASE
This is a great idea
When I get more stars you'll get some :3
Rilene
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

Please, this would be very useful for creating a consistent mapset.
Surono
OMG this gud.. n33d thiz
JapanYoshiTheGamer
The preview video is wrong but other than that it's a cool feature.
xtrem3x

Raiden wrote:

Revive. We need this.

Specially in Edit