forum

Pattern reading and human anatomy (help me ples T^T)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananacake304
Haro guys I'm just your regular mania player and I'm just doin my thing and playing some maps, but right now I need some help I recently started playing mania maps with 4+ stars, I can read the patterns but my fingers aren't cooperating, sometimes they just wont move and sometimes they just do the opposite of want I want them to do someone give me some advice on what to do
Bobbias
Just keep playing. Everyone deals with this happening at some point. Eventually your hands will stop derping out so much. This should have gone in the general questions and answers thread though: t/172151
Topic Starter
bananacake304
Oh okhe I'll do that, tnx for the advice and I'll post my questions in that thread next time
Aqo

make some maps that looks exactly like this and play them for 2 hours every day
this solves all finger problems
Pinecone
aqo plz

On a serious note, play variety of maps with variety of patterns. Practice chords, streams, stairs, LN shields, just everything.
If you keep playing, your fingers will eventually get used to the patterns.

t/146615
Here is a nice place with all the patterns sorted by different levels.
Go to "Pattern Repository [WIP]" section.
Start with some of the easier ones and after you master them, move on to next ones.
This will help your finger coordination.
Full Tablet

-Hazelnut wrote:

Something like this would work better for finger stamina.

Wouldn't a random pattern work better for finger coordination and control? For example, one of the main issues I have is that my left hand tends to automatically mirror the movements of my right hand, so it would be better practicing maps where the patterns are asymmetric.
Pinecone

Full Tablet wrote:

-Hazelnut wrote:

Something like this would work better for finger stamina.

Wouldn't a random pattern work better for finger coordination and control? For example, one of the main issues I have is that my left hand tends to automatically mirror the movements of my right hand, so it would be better practicing maps where the patterns are asymmetric.
Random patterns do help as well but from my personal experience, practicing with standard patterns helped me improve much faster. Once you are able to recognize the standard patterns and learn how to hit them properly with your fingers, then it's time to try similar density patterns but just all jumbled up. Also, like Aqo said, I really recommend making maps full of patterns you have hard time hitting properly. Playing them couple of times during a session is a great practice.

If you are able to handle standard patterns and still have trouble with finger coordination, maybe you should try randomized patterns like Full Tablet said. Mania is great because unlike other modes, we have a random mod which can shuffle the arrangement of the notes. It creates much more variety of patterns (not necessary "clean" ones)
Aqo

-Hazelnut wrote:

aqo plz
>only 7K
hazel plz

I actually do this you know. with OD10 and HR

it's frustrating and it makes me hate everything /:D/
Bobbias
Practice maps and such are totally unnecessary though. They can certainly help though.

Personally I prefer simply keeping track of maps that happen to have patterns you struggle with and remembering to play them every now and then just for practice on those patterns.
ikzune
it would be interesting if some people had provided beatmaps that are just of 1 pattern and a speed that suits the bpm of a given song like a whole list of the checkerboard patterns in varying bpm slowly going up for practise and the same can be said for 4k