forum

Itou Kanako - Hacking to the Gate [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lust
This has been sitting around for quite awhile

[Oni]
  1. 00:34:919 (157,158,159,160,161) - This play here was a bit awkward and didn't really flow well in regards to the previous pattern. I suggest changing it to dkd ddk. Fit and played much better IMO. Another good alternative would be ddk ddk
[Muzu]
  1. 01:15:913 (240,241,242) - I know you are going for a bit of variety here but I think it would be a better idea to stick with what you had at 01:09:950 (215,216,217) - . Sounds nicer to the music and plays better.
[Futsuu]
  1. 00:49:453 (90) - big d would be nice here, like you did in the muzu and oni
[Kantan]
  1. 00:36:223 (38) - Perhaps it would be better to have it at 00:36:037 - to keep consistency with the rest of your other patterns and rhythms. Also follows the music more closely imo
  2. 01:25:416 (32,1) - tbh this is a bit too close to eachother. When I was a newer player I had struggles figuring out what the sliders were even for, and with a big D at the end I think this will be a hard pattern to have in a Kantan
Call me back
Topic Starter
DakeDekaane
Lusty modding Taiko, wat

Lust wrote:

This has been sitting around for quite awhile

[Oni]
  1. 00:34:919 (157,158,159,160,161) - This play here was a bit awkward and didn't really flow well in regards to the previous pattern. I suggest changing it to dkd ddk. Fit and played much better IMO. Another good alternative would be ddk ddk /*This works better as kkd to fit better the higher sound in the red ticks.
[Muzu]
  1. 01:15:913 (240,241,242) - I know you are going for a bit of variety here but I think it would be a better idea to stick with what you had at 01:09:950 (215,216,217) - . Sounds nicer to the music and plays better. /*I find this better than ddK, as it has the same intensity as the previous big dons, look at 01:03:987 (192,193,194) - .
[Futsuu]
  1. 00:49:453 (90) - big d would be nice here, like you did in the muzu and oni /*Done.
[Kantan]
  1. 00:36:223 (38) - Perhaps it would be better to have it at 00:36:037 - to keep consistency with the rest of your other patterns and rhythms. Also follows the music more closely imo /*I remember this being called out for more people and I noticed this is true, changed
  2. 01:25:416 (32,1) - tbh this is a bit too close to eachother. When I was a newer player I had struggles figuring out what the sliders were even for, and with a big D at the end I think this will be a hard pattern to have in a Kantan /*Alright, changed for some notes.
Call me back
Thanks for the mod Lust :D

Also increased HP in Kantan to 4 since 3 isn't that challenging, even for newbies.
Lust
We changed the bg to 1366x768 (was 1365x768), resnapped all notes, and made some changes to the metadata.

Qualified!
Piine

Lust wrote:

We changed the bg to 1366x768 (was 1365x768),

Double Take seriously

Congratz though
Asagi Mutsuki
Congrats Dake!
Topic Starter
DakeDekaane
Thanks again Lusty, and everyone :3
Gero
Buen trabajo Dakesito :3
Natsu
congratz dakesitochiquitito :)
Myxo
Yay :D
Kodora
Congratz, Dake!

Good to see ranked taiko-set for this song :)
TKS
when did you become a TaikoBAT Lust?
Stefan

TKS wrote:

There is no TaikoBAT or any mode-specific BATs anymore.
TKS

Stefan wrote:

TKS wrote:

There is no TaikoBAT or any mode-specific BATs anymore.
this is the first time i have seen his Taiko mod. you mean i can rank std, ctb and mania map? lol
Gero

TKS wrote:

this is the first time i have seen his Taiko mod. you mean i can rank std, ctb and mania map? lol
I thought the same thing...
Lust

TKS wrote:

To answer your question in a way that satisfies the new system, I can mod any game mode but I will not mod anything outside of my playing abilties. DakeDekaane's map here was well within my boundries in terms of what I can play.

As others have stated before, there are no more mode-specific BATs, rather there are people who are more experienced in some areas of the game than others. You can mod any game mode if you so chose, but remember that if you are lacking in experience you always run a higher risk of disqualification.
Hanjamon
BATs' New Generation
Stefan

TKS wrote:

He's modding Taiko sometimes but probably the first time qualifying in this mode.

Congrats for qualify!
OnosakiHito
Qualificaiton was fine. Suprised me a bit that it was Lust.
Anyway, really nice mapset DakeDekaane. Lower diffs are not too hard and in general all diffs fit really good to the song itself. Looking at all these monotonically patterns and breaks in Kantan for examples makes me feel good and happy. I like the way you map. Told you before, huh?

Congratulation!
Topic Starter
DakeDekaane
Fun fact, while I can map Kantan really quick, this one took a lot of time for testplaying, remapping and adjusting, due the song having a considerable ammount of strong beats in offbeats, clashing with my style, it was fun to map though.

Thanks everyone for playing and the comments.
Lanturn
Dake best Easy/Kantan mapper \o/

Congrats!