forum

[resolved] Please Help!!! Quickly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Problem Details: I was just mapping and playing osu for like 2 hours then I went to play 1 multiplayer match. After that the host pick a new song and I press download. Now I pop up error comes up... When I restart osu, error comes up during start up (but the osu window is there). This started happening about 5 minutes ago

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Image
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #ri.#qi.#ZV(Boolean , Boolean )
at #ri.#qi.#YV(Boolean , Boolean )
at #ii.#2k.#xab()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

osu! version: 20140906.1cuttingedge
Gumpy
Restart your computer?
Arnold0
Same issue as me here : t/240723
(Exact same Pippi get that cookie out of your mouth message speaking about null pointer exeptions and threads...)
@Grumpyy since I have the same issue, I tried to redownload maps tooday in multi (So after rebooting computer and updating osu! to latest cuttingedge build) and it still does the same.
drum drum
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Not sure if "oops" or
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Gumpyyy wrote:

Restart your computer?
Tried already 3 times, still happens.

Arnold0 wrote:

Same issue as me here : t/240723
(Exact same Pippi get that cookie out of your mouth message speaking about null pointer exeptions and threads...)
@Grumpyy since I have the same issue, I tried to redownload maps tooday in multi (So after rebooting computer and updating osu! to latest cuttingedge build) and it still does the same.
Yeah, mines happened after I added one map but the difference is that I get the error now when I start osu, so I can't even play.
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Why is this happening ;-;
Osu is running behind the error pop up normally but since the pop up is there, I can't press the game.
drum drum
I think I know what Object is being referenced now...

Try closing osu!, deleting all DLLs (with cutting edge they're marked as hidden files), and then running osume.exe

If not, try using stable build instead and see if that helps
Topic Starter
Ayaya

drum drum wrote:

I think I know what Object is being referenced now...

Try closing osu!, deleting all DLLs (with cutting edge they're marked as hidden files), and then running osume.exe

If not, try using stable build instead and see if that helps
There is no osume.exe because when you use the cutting edge version, it's not there. Also how can I change back to stable version if I can't even press on the game

Edit: I took out all the .dll files then ran osu, it updated for me but it still have pop up
Topic Starter
Ayaya
I found the problem, it was a file but it wasn't the .dll, it was the osu! Data Base File. I tooked it out and now it works \o/
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Nevermind, still happens when you download a map in multiplayer. I fixed the start up though.

Edit: Although removing the osu! Data Base File fixes the start up, the osu! Data Base File will come back later and cause the same pop up during start up.
Bara-
Please prevent double ppsting, by editing your latest post, as no one posted in it, unless it's a bump
Topic Starter
Ayaya

baraatje123 wrote:

Please prevent double ppsting, by editing your latest post, as no one posted in it, unless it's a bump
Don't you see I'm editing some post, i just want to multi. Stop trying to act like you're a mod...
drum drum
It's just a small policy. Anyone here would tell (or want to tell) someone to not double post. Furthermore, it was more of a warning than a demand.

baraatje you and your typos <_<

just a friendly divider!

So, after reading the post by Arnold0, it's possible it's a build based problem. I'll check it out when I get home from dinner.

Ok, so after investigating the problem. It appears that after loading the newly downloaded map from the multi using osu!direct.

I had a friend of mine, Dust of Osiris, investigate this.

Dust is able to download the map without any problems,
I download a map using osu!direct, after osu! finishes loading the map, pippi finds another cookie on the floor.

The MP history is here in case you're interested.
Bara-
Drum drum, I'm on mobile most of the time so that's why I make typos regularly ;-;
But... I can confirm this
Also, maybe you should rename the thread, to Osu! freezes when adding maps in Multiplayer, or something like that, toeasily explain the problem.
Also, the current title sounds a bit demanding --> I want help quickly, come and help --> less people would look at it
Shivarion
Bara-

Shivarion wrote:

dupe.
t/240723
This on got more attention, so I'd say keep this one
Shivarion

baraatje123 wrote:

So did you mean to mark the real one as duplicate ?
Bara-

Shivarion wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

So did you mean to mark the real one as duplicate ?
Well, usually, when there are 2 the same threads, and even though one is older and should stay, it got way more attention, so that one stays.
Idk if this works for Tech Support as well ;-;
Arnold0
It seem to be fixed for me.
Bauxe

baraatje123 wrote:

Well, usually, when there are 2 the same threads, and even though one is older and should stay, it got way more attention, so that one stays.
Idk if this works for Tech Support as well ;-;
That is for feature requests.
TheVileOne
This does seem to be fixed.