Why are there so few ranked ar10 ?

posted
Total Posts
98
show more
GoldenWolf
You could also note these things on notepad instead of trying to theorycraft on something you know little about on a forum

Unless you like people lecturing you?
Maxis
And not to mention, you're going to be at the skill level to satisfactorily pass Airman in 1 year to be able to then deem if you were right or not? lol

I mean, I guess 1 year is theoretically possible if you've got over 10k plays a month or you gain skill wicked fast, but both scenarios are pretty unlikely.
nrl
Airman isn't that hard...
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

You could also note these things on notepad instead of trying to theorycraft on something you know little about on a forum

Unless you like people lecturing you?
It's fun to theorycraft and even more fun to see other people react to that. I do gain knowledge by posting my opinion and then seeing counterarguments and other opinions/criticism.
FlyingKebab

Maxis wrote:

And not to mention, you're going to be at the skill level to satisfactorily pass Airman in 1 year to be able to then deem if you were right or not? lol

I mean, I guess 1 year is theoretically possible if you've got over 10k plays a month or you gain skill wicked fast, but both scenarios are pretty unlikely.
One year is plenty enough to pass something that isn't limited by ones physical limits like stream speed or tapping speed. Getting better aim or accuracy is easier than getting better physically or at least that's how it is for me.
GoldenWolf
I guess, even though knowledge is almost useless in osu!
nrl
Knowledge is pretty relevant to practice habits and mapping.
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

I guess, even though knowledge is almost useless in osu!
Even so it's fun reading forums anyways. And comical when someone takes a reply too seriously and starts bashing you all over the place.
GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

And comical when someone takes a reply too seriously and starts bashing you all over the place.
I absolutely don't feel targeted there
nrl
LOL WHAT A NEET
FlyingKebab

Narrill wrote:

LOL WHAT A NEET
lol'd









Why are you even reading this?
Vuelo Eluko
Aside from the fact that maps like airman and freedom dive are legitimately very difficult when it comes to FCing, there is indeed a big psychological aspect to it, not even in terms of patterns or whatever but just because the maps are so iconic and the number of people who have FCs on them is almost zero.

i.e When Cptnxn set his freedom dive FC, he paused on the last break to read the chat and said something along the lines of "I mean, it's Freedom Dive, I'm just getting nervous as fuck."

He could probably make a custom diff with the spaced streams at the end and ace them repeatedly, it was clearly within his ability to do so, but with the potential to make osu HISTORY, to set a score that perhaps no one will ever beat, that everyone will care about and know and herald you for, the stress is so much higher than a normal FC, or even a normal rank 1 on a typical map.

It's becoming less relevant with airman though i predict at least 2-3 more FC's before the years end, but big black is another good example of a map with huge psychological impact, there would probably be 10+ FCs by now if it didn't have such a powerful stigma.

Then again, I also think that playing a map THOUSANDS of times affords no advantages whatsoever when it comes to FCing it or not.
in fact, it probably just makes the stress of FCing it higher [omg after 3482 tries im gonna do it!] and possibly cements any sort of bad muscle memory however slight and hard to detect and fix it might be.
tfg50

FlyingKebab wrote:

One year is plenty enough to pass something that isn't limited by ones physical limits like stream speed or tapping speed. Getting better aim or accuracy is easier than getting better physically or at least that's how it is for me.
You say that even though your acc isn't that good and the maps you play are easy as fuck (I can play while mashing and still get close to SS on easy maps+od7). I mean, I'm sure I could get better acc than you if someone made me 2 pedals (like drum pedals) and I used that to play instead of a keyboard.

What I mean by that is that you shouldn't talk about stuff that you don't have a clue. Pass airman changing the map to at least hp7-8 and you MIGHT be able to tell me if it is difficult or not. Even so, difficulty is usually in terms of fcing, not passing.

OT: The majority of the ar10 unranked maps are REALLY badly mapped when you compare the circles to the song aka overmapped. Also, AR10 doesn't fit in any song like people that just play ar10 think.
FlyingKebab

tfg50 wrote:

You say that even though your acc isn't that good and the maps you play are easy as fuck (I can play while mashing and still get close to SS on easy maps+od7). I mean, I'm sure I could get better acc than you if someone made me 2 pedals (like drum pedals) and I used that to play instead of a keyboard.

What I mean by that is that you shouldn't talk about stuff that you don't have a clue. Pass airman changing the map to at least hp7-8 and you MIGHT be able to tell me if it is difficult or not. Even so, difficulty is usually in terms of fcing, not passing.

FlyingKebab wrote:

And comical when someone takes a reply too seriously and starts bashing you all over the place.
See what I mean.
GoldenWolf
Man, if that is taking it too seriously and bashing you......
Vuelo Eluko
its because people are cringing at your claims, because of how far you are ability wise to back them up. It's the same sort of reaction Woobowiz got when he first made his thread. People were annoyed with his idea that he could reach cookiezi's level before even comprehending what it takes to get there "ill do it in a year!" and talking way bigger than he was.

I think everyone expected him to realize how absurd his goals were, or perhaps just lose interest in osu/be ashamed of his posts or something and the thread would die within a week of being made, but he's really proven himself serious about his goal so far which was really surprising and he has started to amass a following of sorts because of it.

Hell, I can't even claim 5 star maps are easy without idiots people calling me out, you calling maps like airman easy prompts an even greater reaction.
FlyingKebab
Alright, I promise I will never mention a map I can't pass decently ever, deal.
Ichi
No one is hating on you, don´t wory you are not that important. Although i can say it´s kind of annoying to see you lecturing everyone on the game when you don´t even know it well yourself, you just have a bunch of knowledge about the game from what you´ve read and try to predict how things will work out. Heck you may even get bored of the game before passing one of those maps.

My suggestion is to forget about the logic you think this game has, and start working on your game because frankly, it has none. Its just circle clicking for god freaking sakes, the MORE you do it the BETTER you are.
nrl

Riince wrote:

Hell, I can't even claim 5 star maps are easy without idiots people calling me out, you calling maps like airman easy prompts an even greater reaction.
Can you even FC a 5* map though?

FlyingKebab wrote:

Alright, I promise I will never mention a map I can't pass decently ever, deal.
You joke, but that's actually a pretty good guideline.

Ichi wrote:

forget about the logic you think this game has, and start working on your game because frankly, it has none. Its just circle clicking for god freaking sakes
sigh
YukinoDesuDesu
Its just circle clicking for god freaking sakes
just?!!
tss.. osu! is love osu! is live.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply