forum

Why are there so few ranked ar10 ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gumpy
Because putting Ar10 on slow songs is stupid and finding fast songs that dont sound like shit is also hard.
nooblet
'cuz they're actually not nice, and people just think they are because it's apparently cool to play mash AR 10 everything now.

And now we have decimal AR's like 9.5 or 9.7, which are sufficient for reading pretty much anything up to ~250 bpm, so AR 10 can go die in a hole. If you want AR 10, learn to HR.
Loves
Cus AR10 is for fast maps and people don't like fast maps.

I'm looking at Image Material -.-
FlyingKebab
Image material is just fast single taps with 260 Streaming, the map isn't hard except for a few parts like the death stream or the BS fast 1-2 notes in the middle.
iWhorse
because BATs suck at the game

see: osu!mania
Loves

FlyingKebab wrote:

Image material is just fast single taps with 260 Streaming, the map isn't hard except for a few parts like the death stream or the BS fast 1-2 notes in the middle.
Accurately single tapping and streaming 260 and doing triangle patterns whilst doing awkward time stacks isn't hard?

wot?
Synpoo
airman aint hard either
FlyingKebab

Loves wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

Accurately single tapping and streaming 260 and doing triangle patterns whilst doing awkward time stacks isn't hard?

wot?
I mean't the map isn't very complex compared to others in its Star range. Image except for the triangels, 1-2 notes and deathstreams is basically slider -> circle -> slider but very fast. The only thing going for image material is the speed.
Zare
Zz.
The lack of ranked AR10 maps is mostly due to the fact that they don't have a difficulty spread to go with, rendering them unrankable.
Also, in the past, people heavily misused AR and put AR9 on maps that desperately need AR10, an example being ztrot's and BD's Renard Pony map, or Atama no Taisou. Freedom Dive would go well with AR9.5 btw, but we didn't have that option back in those times.
Even today AR10 has a bad reputation and is supposedly "only used as difficulty factor" which is of course utter bullshit. (tbh I'm pretty disappointed by the majority of posts in here, are you guys really still that ignorant?)
FlyingKebab
The only viable maps that could use AR10 (or atleast for me) are maps that have huge and fast jumps, maybe it is because i'm not used to reading jumps like in atama no taisou but it seems a lot easier to hit with AR10 because your brain can follow the notes 1 by 1 easier than in AR9 where you see at least 3 at once.
Vuelo Eluko
image material isnt even 260 bpm its 130
learn your facts people

lets be serious now, AR10 doesnt really play well on most of the maps its used on, ar9.5 fills the role of replacing ar9 on 220+ bpm much better, ar10 is just for when people want to turn their brains off and read less.

unless were getting into Tenshi levels of difficulty, there's almost no ar10 maps that dont play just fine or better at a lower ar.
GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

I mean't the map isn't very complex compared to others in its Star range. Image except for the triangels, 1-2 notes and deathstreams is basically slider -> circle -> slider but very fast. The only thing going for image material is the speed.
Easy to read =/= Easy to play
Image Material is easy to read, thanks to the pretty straightforward mapping and AR10, but it's still hard to execute properly, even if you have the speed.
jesse1412
ITT: Nooblords.
Vuelo Eluko

jesus1412 wrote:

ITT: Nooblords.
not anymore
winber1
i'm here

praise me
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

FlyingKebab wrote:

I lose 1 IQ every time I read something this guy posts.
[-Cloud-]

FlyingKebab wrote:

Freedom Dive isn't hard aswell, except a couple of 222BPM deathstreams.
Soarezi
Airman isn't hard either, you know, just a couple back and forth jumps. While we're at it, big black just has a few sliders here and there and well you know, atama no taisou has just a few squares ezpz np
winber1
the only hard map in this game is the tutorial
jesse1412

winber1 wrote:

Dat AR though.
FlyingKebab

thedamntrain wrote:

You are on a fun ride to retardation then, my friend.
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

i'm here

praise me
master overlord have you come to our rescue pls teach us the path to transcendence

jesus1412 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Dat AR though.
AR 20.102410493049230590495604 too OP
Scintillate

exozion wrote:

airman aint hard either
What Airman do you play?!
Rewben2

thedamntrain wrote:

Didn't know IQ went into the negatives
B1rd

Rewben2 wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

rekt.
Vuelo Eluko

Rewben2 wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

buny

CDFA wrote:

Maybe if people didn't map ar10 so shitty we'd have more ranked ar10 maps.
Are they shitty in general, or are they shitty because they are ar10?
guro
buny

[Air Man] wrote:

Probably not me, heh.
Anyways, "Can't Defeat Airman" is not insanely hard, if you are decent at the jump patterns. IMO, the AR 10 is not much of a problem there, just another matter of practice. I passed it myself, but my accuracy is awful, because I simply suck at those polygon circles, so yeah.. not very hard to pass.
It is HARD
The only reason why you are passing is the insanely forgiving HP drain, which literally allows you to miss over half the jumps in the map.
FlyingKebab
Airman and maps like it are more of a psychological thing to overcome certain patterns and how you follow them. But the people who overcome these barriers have a lot less problems in completing those maps well.
nooblet

FlyingKebab wrote:

Airman and maps like it are more of a psychological thing to overcome certain patterns and how you follow them. But the people who overcome these barriers have a lot less problems in completing those maps well.
It's not a psychological thing, it's fullscreen jump spam and annoying patterns at 200 bpm.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Rewben2 wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

XD
Maxis
I feel there should be a new rule saying that you can't call a map easy if you can't pass it satisfactorily--as in, achieve a score the community would agree to be "good" (to compensate for issues like Airman's HP3).
GoldenWolf

Maxis wrote:

I feel there should be a new rule saying that you can't call a map easy if you can't pass it satisfactorily--as in, achieve a score the community would agree to be "good" (to compensate for issues like Airman's HP3).
Now see the whole forum arguing for 6942 years to define what can be considered "good".
FlyingKebab
I would reckon that a pass with less than 10 misses and at least 90% acc so technically a strong B would be considered enough to argue about something? Getting only like 10 misses on Airman would be really good actually.
GoldenWolf
90% acc is terribad though, if you can get below 10 misses on this map I'd expect you to be at least decent overall and get 98%
Amianki
If you're getting a B, you're bad at the map. I don't really see how this can be argued outside of fringe cases on maps with like 10 objects.

Basically, if you're getting enough 100s or 50s that you're not getting at least an A, you don't have the rhythm down. If you're getting a ton of misses, you're not good enough to hit the notes.
Mismagius
I'm a shit acc player but that doesnt mean i'm not good at the game :(
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

CalignoBot wrote:

If you're getting a B, you're bad at the map. I don't really see how this can be argued outside of fringe cases on maps with like 10 objects.

Basically, if you're getting enough 100s or 50s that you're not getting at least an A, you don't have the rhythm down. If you're getting a ton of misses, you're not good enough to hit the notes.
Getting note locked on a full stream and getting x15 50s in 2 sec and ending up with 93% B on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/91037 is probably what I'd consider my argument.
show more