forum

Why are there so few ranked ar10 ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zuyanta
I don't understand why there are so few ar10 :c so many are very nice but not ranked ;w;
Ayachi-
because no much people continue and made it ranked
ColdTooth

Zuyanta wrote:

so many are very nice
actually some have horrible patterns and are very non-flowing
Shohei Ohtani
Maybe if people didn't map ar10 so shitty we'd have more ranked ar10 maps.
Amianki
We have enough problems with people just jumping into high AR way too fast.
Kouya-
Because most AR10 maps suck .
Mismagius
because AR10 barely fits with any song at all. and most AR10 maps should actually be AR9 (save a few exceptions such as big black)
Trash Boat
think this as a pyramid: in the basement, there's a lot of AR1/2/3, in the middle there's AR4/5/6, almost reaching the top you can find AR7/8/9, and at the top theres the AR10. some people rumored about the presence of AR11/12 above it, but they aren't confirmed yet.
Chamelo

Trash Boat wrote:

think this as a pyramid: in the basement, there's a lot of AR1/2/3
Not really. Beatmaps with with AR 1,2,3 is even lesser than AR 8,9,10 because it's too slow.
Vuelo Eluko
because the BATs suck.
xxdeathx

CDFA wrote:

Maybe if people didn't map ar10 so shitty we'd have more ranked ar10 maps.
rekt

Because AR10 is only used for the hardest, highest BPM songs. Notice that the only ranked AR10 songs I'm aware of are extremely hard, like big black and airman. Ridiculously hard maps like these aren't easy to rank because of all the issues that could arise, so that's why there aren't many of them ranked. You also can't just put AR10 on an easier map that should have AR9 or something, because AR is supposed to correlate with the speed of the song. People in their mods will ask the mapper not to use an AR that's too high for the BPM. AR9 is used for pretty much all insanes and extras 160+ bpm, even freedom dive, so you'd need a map to be that much faster to deserve AR10. And as I said earlier, that would be an extremely hard map to play and rank.
Gumpy
Because putting Ar10 on slow songs is stupid and finding fast songs that dont sound like shit is also hard.
nooblet
'cuz they're actually not nice, and people just think they are because it's apparently cool to play mash AR 10 everything now.

And now we have decimal AR's like 9.5 or 9.7, which are sufficient for reading pretty much anything up to ~250 bpm, so AR 10 can go die in a hole. If you want AR 10, learn to HR.
Loves
Cus AR10 is for fast maps and people don't like fast maps.

I'm looking at Image Material -.-
FlyingKebab
Image material is just fast single taps with 260 Streaming, the map isn't hard except for a few parts like the death stream or the BS fast 1-2 notes in the middle.
iWhorse
because BATs suck at the game

see: osu!mania
Loves

FlyingKebab wrote:

Image material is just fast single taps with 260 Streaming, the map isn't hard except for a few parts like the death stream or the BS fast 1-2 notes in the middle.
Accurately single tapping and streaming 260 and doing triangle patterns whilst doing awkward time stacks isn't hard?

wot?
Synpoo
airman aint hard either
FlyingKebab

Loves wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

Accurately single tapping and streaming 260 and doing triangle patterns whilst doing awkward time stacks isn't hard?

wot?
I mean't the map isn't very complex compared to others in its Star range. Image except for the triangels, 1-2 notes and deathstreams is basically slider -> circle -> slider but very fast. The only thing going for image material is the speed.
Zare
Zz.
The lack of ranked AR10 maps is mostly due to the fact that they don't have a difficulty spread to go with, rendering them unrankable.
Also, in the past, people heavily misused AR and put AR9 on maps that desperately need AR10, an example being ztrot's and BD's Renard Pony map, or Atama no Taisou. Freedom Dive would go well with AR9.5 btw, but we didn't have that option back in those times.
Even today AR10 has a bad reputation and is supposedly "only used as difficulty factor" which is of course utter bullshit. (tbh I'm pretty disappointed by the majority of posts in here, are you guys really still that ignorant?)
show more