forum

Just got the Huion tablet!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loves
Honestly don't know why everyone doesn't just a wacom.
iderekmc

Loves wrote:

honestly because most people either dont buy a tabler or dont wanna spend over 60 bucks xD
Loves

iderekmc wrote:

Loves wrote:

honestly because most people either dont buy a tabler or dont wanna spend over 60 bucks xD
Or you could get a 80 dollar wacom (new) and recieve the quality that comes with it.
Gigo

Loves wrote:

Because they are more expensive maybe? This may not be a problem for you, but you'd be surprised how many people don't want (or can't afford) to spend 70 or more dollars on a tablet just for the privilege to play osu.
Vuelo Eluko
more like 40
Gigo
I would be grateful if you could show me a Wacom tablet for 40 bucks.
Vuelo Eluko
Gigo
So you said 40, but the one you are linking says 50 dollars (ok, ok... 49,99$, whatever). So the shipment is another 8$, which makes 58$. If we include tariffs (since I am importing from outside the EU), the grand total price gets dangerously close to 70$... maybe it will be around 65 or so. I appreciate that you searched to actually find one, but it simply ain't happening.
Vuelo Eluko
reminder to read

Riince wrote:

more like 40
E a g l e

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
ftfy
How can circles be real if skills isn't real

FTFY
nrl

-Eagle- wrote:

How Can Circles Be Real If Skill Isn't Real
ftfy
Synpoo
I bought a new wacom tablet 3 days ago for $50

It was on sale tho so
Loves

Gigo wrote:

Loves wrote:

Because they are more expensive maybe? This may not be a problem for you, but you'd be surprised how many people don't want (or can't afford) to spend 70 or more dollars on a tablet just for the privilege to play osu.
Then don't buy a tablet or get a job? The difference between the osu! tablet and the wacom tablet isn't even that much in terms of price, and you can draw much better on a wacom. IMO if you had to choose to pay 30 more or get a osu! tablet, i'd pay 30 more.
nrl
The osu!tablet isn't $30 cheaper, it's $40 cheaper. The 540 is $30 cheaper, and it flat-out beats the Intuos' specs. If you buy Wacom, you're buying for the brand name.
Loves

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

The osu!tablet isn't $30 cheaper, it's $40 cheaper. The 540 is $30 cheaper, and it flat-out beats the Intuos' specs. If you buy Wacom, you're buying for the brand name.
Everything with you turns into an argument.

There's a reason why Wacom is widely used in design especially in mechanical engineering and design in architecture, which I'm currently enrolled in at uni.

And you're talking about the intous, which is a medium to high level graphics tablet. Buying one of those for soley osu! would be stupid.
cheezstik
If you're only using it for osu then do you really need much more than a huion / osu! tablet? Does it really make that much difference? Obviously if you play full area then they will be too small, but other than that, what difference does it really make, I don't get it.

I mean I'm using a wacom bamboo cos it's not actually mine, but I actually considered buying the huion to replace it because it's black so it looks better than my current green tablet.
Mathsma

Loves wrote:

There's a reason why Wacom is widely used in design especially in mechanical engineering and design in architecture, which I'm currently enrolled in at uni.

And you're talking about the intous, which is a medium to high level graphics tablet. Buying one of those for soley osu! would be stupid.
What other tablet does Wacom make that can be used for osu that is reasonable? Bamboo was discontinued for the Intuos line, so I don't know what other Wacom alternatives there are to the Bamboo that isn't Intuos.

Also you seem to be pushing for the Wacom tablets because they are superior tablets for design, which may be true, but this is a forum for a game where most players are not using tablets for design but rather to move a cursor around. In most cases for players here, the Wacom is a waste of money, and the Huion tablets offer similar or better performance for a fraction of the price.
Loves

Mathsma wrote:

Loves wrote:

What other tablet does Wacom make that can be used for osu that is reasonable? Bamboo was discontinued for the Intuos line, so I don't know what other Wacom alternatives there are to the Bamboo that isn't Intuos.

Also you seem to be pushing for the Wacom tablets because they are superior tablets for design, which may be true, but this is a forum for a game where most players are not using tablets for design but rather to move a cursor around. In most cases for players here, the Wacom is a waste of money, and the Huion tablets offer similar or better performance for a fraction of the price.
But he was arguing that Huion 540 was a better tablet than the Intous (before the Bamboo was discontinued) I assume because nobody in their right mind would claim that the Intous (old line) is worse than the Huion.

Wacom also have larger areas, more supporting drivers and easier to access information and hardware such as pen nibs or usb connectors + a lot of graphic programs have more options for Wacom and drawing's always a nice hobby to do, eventually when you get bored of osu or something or rather.

I wasn't pushing for Wacom, I was merely just stating that Huion isn't as good as Wacom for technical uses and explaining why the quote "Huion 540 flat out beats Intous' specs" was incorrect.
Gumpy
Meh, i will go get a Wacom once my H420 dies.
Soarezi
CTL460 is the best tablet ever
Loves

Soarezi wrote:

CTL460 is the best tablet ever
+1
Rewben2
I've always wondered... I see people saying Huion is better specifications-wise and is a lot cheaper so it's the only way to go, but at the same time I see a bunch of people say that the osu! tablet is garbage and that other Huion tablets aren't good. What's the go?
Mathsma

Rewben2 wrote:

I've always wondered... I see people saying Huion is better specifications-wise and is a lot cheaper so it's the only way to go, but at the same time I see a bunch of people say that the osu! tablet is garbage and that other Huion tablets aren't good. What's the go?
The osu! tablet is the Huion H420, just with a custom cover. All Huion pens require batteries (2 AAA batteries), some people prefer the extra weight of the batteries and other do not.

After that, the differences are very minor. I recommend Huion because of the similarities and the price difference. Dexus picked out some nice Huion tablets if anyone is interested. - p/3071471
nrl

Loves wrote:

Wacom discontinued the Bamboo line and introduced lower end Intuos models. They're the new entry level.

Wacom is widely used in design because they're more established, and people generally perceive them to be more reliable (whether they are or aren't) because of that. They're probably also able to offer better bulk deals than Huion (again, because they're larger).

And yeah, everything is an argument, that's how forums work. The argument was present before I entered the thread.
Vuelo Eluko
wacom is the best, huion makes a pretty good coaster to put my beer on though
Loves

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Loves wrote:

Wacom discontinued the Bamboo line and introduced lower end Intuos models. They're the new entry level.

Wacom is widely used in design because they're more established, and people generally perceive them to be more reliable (whether they are or aren't) because of that. They're probably also able to offer better bulk deals than Huion (again, because they're larger).

And yeah, everything is an argument, that's how forums work. The argument was present before I entered the thread.
Everything in the forum is either an explanation or an argument. There's no premise for an argument on this thread so you created one, saying Huion flat out beats Intous.

Man stop rooting for Huion. A wireless pen that doesn't require batteries is enough for me to get a Wacom instead.
nrl
Wacom/Huion is the premise for an argument, and you brought it to this thread with your first post.
Loves
Me stating my opinion that I think every one should get a wacom isn't an argument.

The argument started when you said Intous was flat out worst than Huion.
nrl
It's an argument by definition, and the entry-level Intuos is flat-out worse than the 540 in terms of specs.
Loves
An argument must have a premise and a conclusion, which my original quote "I don't know why everyone doesn't just get a Wacom" doesn't contain.

If i said "Wacom is bettter (which is the premise)", and you concluded with some evidence that Huion was infact better than the Intuous (conclusion), then that would be an argument.

Mine was more an explanation since I already accepted the fact (and many other people) that Wacom is the better brand in terms of drawing. All there needed was a conclusion that Wacom was better.

Trying to start an argument off an explanation premise isn't right.

Source: Did Rhetoric last semester.
nrl
Your second paragraph describes what actually happened, though I wouldn't call "Wacom is better" a premise. Rather, it's a conclusion with some set of implied premises that would normally have been revealed over the course of the ensuing discussion. Such is the nature of casual discourse.

Source: Understands the difference between theory and practical application.
Loves

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Your second paragraph describes what actually happened, though I wouldn't call "Wacom is better" a premise. Rather, it's a conclusion with some set of implied premises that would normally have been revealed over the course of the ensuing discussion. Such is the nature of casual discourse.

Source: Understands the difference between theory and practical application.
*Causal discourse.

The premise is the base of the argument or explanation. "Wacom is better" is the premise, otherwise there would be nothing to explain / argue about. A conclusion for "Wacom is better" would be something like "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot Games (blah blah blah with ensuing anecdotal evidence).

Source: Rhetoric Course
nrl
No, casual discourse. Context, what is it?

I don't think you learned anything from this rhetoric course if you honestly believe "Wacom is better" is a premise and "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot games (blah blah blah with ensuing anecdotal evidence)" is a conclusion based on that premise. "Wacom is better" is precisely what we're disagreeing on, so it must be a conclusion founded on and justified by truthful premises, and as the one making the claim, the onus is on you to provide those premises and explain how the conclusion follows from them. "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot Games (blah blah blah with ensuing anecdotal evidence)" would be one such premise (note the fact that you made an explicit reference to evidence, which is the function of a premise).

Source: Understands how logic works.
Loves

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

No, casual discourse. Context, what is it?

I don't think you learned anything from this rhetoric course if you honestly believe "Wacom is better" is a premise and "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot games (blah blah blah with ensuing anecdotal evidence)" is a conclusion based on that premise. "Wacom is better" is precisely what we're disagreeing on, so it must be a conclusion founded on and justified by truthful premises, and as the one making the claim, the onus is on you to provide those premises and explain how the conclusion follows from them. "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot Games (blah blah blah with ensuing anecdotal evidence)" would be one such premise (note the fact that you made an explicit reference to evidence, which is the function of a premise).

Source: Understands how logic works.
Hows "Wacom is the only used graphics tablet at Riot Games" a premise LOL. You can't argue with anecdotal hard evidence. You could conclude with something like "Huion is rated higher than Wacom on this this this website etc".

It's like you're trying to argue that peppy didn't make osu! when the clear and straight forward conclusion is that "peppy has legal ownership entitlement to the game osu!"

Basic understanding of rhetorical knowledge.
nrl
It's a premise precisely because it's hard, anecdotal evidence. If you were to state that "Wacom is the only graphics tablet used at Riot Games, therefore Wacom is better," "Wacom is the only graphics tablet used at Riot games" would be the premise and "Wacom is better" would be the conclusion. Similarly, if I were to state that "peppy made osu!, therefore peppy has legal ownership and entitlement to the game osu!," "peppy made osu!" would be a premise and "peppy has legal ownership and entitlement to the game osu!" would be the conclusion.

Apparently advanced understanding of rhetorical knowledge.
FlyingKebab
I wish I could type things that complex in a foreign language, it makes you guys look smart. :3 I thought this thread would die into the thread graveyard but it seems I was wrong.
GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

I wish I could type things that complex in a foreign language
But English is their first language?

Source:
f i z i k

FlyingKebab wrote:

I wish I could type things that complex in a foreign language, it makes you guys look smart. :3 I thought this thread would die into the thread graveyard but it seems I was wrong.
their native language
also you can just read books/watch shows in english and youll come close to that vocabulary quickly
also sounding smart and being smart are two very different things
Synpoo
anybody can "sound" smart
Mathsma
This has gone so far off topic.
show more