forum

[invalid] Filter for BAT / Modderators

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jimmyman3
Today i was searching for a BAT and was kinda hard to find a Mania BAT. :cry:
So i tought a idea for the filter ( in the friend/global(ALL)/Nearby/Country section).

It would be handy to see a new filter like "BAT Team and Modderators or STAFF"

I'm now a new mapper and is great to have help from a BAT. ;)

Jimmy
XinCrin
What about this?

https://osu.ppy.sh/g/28
Topic Starter
jimmyman3
its not really what i mean
when you can filter it ingame you can see which BAT is online. ;)
so you can aks qeustion if they have time
deadbeat
Moved to feature requests. Will post thoughts later
Ayachi-
You can't find much mania BAT is because there is not as much mania BATs as standard or other modes
Mania BATs
Arcwinolivirus
ExPew
Spy
Simple_Star
Rumia-
Roxas
Loctav (also as other mode BAT)
Charles445 (^)
Some got moved to QAT

I don't really think that we need this feature because I think some of the staffs will be annoyed by messages
If people want to find BATs or staffs they should stalk them like I do
Shohei Ohtani
deadbeat gave me an explanation as to why there is not a filter, but honestly, what I do to find BATs is that I'm friends with all of them, and use the friends list to find them. Maybe do that with the mania BATs ;w;
Luvdic
Well, its not only about mania BATs.

Anyways, support, cause this way I dont have to befriend some members of staff just to stalk them, I can do it with a click, and it can free up my friend list
Topic Starter
jimmyman3

CDFA wrote:

deadbeat gave me an explanation as to why there is not a filter, but honestly, what I do to find BATs is that I'm friends with all of them, and use the friends list to find them. Maybe do that with the mania BATs ;w;
i see.

maybe there can also be a button for the staffs and BATs that they can turn off the availability when they don't want any reqeust? :idea:
and if you want to talk to him with a reqeust there should be another button for it. when they reseive a massage they get a colored tab.
so they know when they get a PM or a Reqeust :?: :?:
Shohei Ohtani
that's. . . oddly specific.

A lot of people will talk with me in PMs when they request, so it'd be kind of silly to assume that request PMs are just like "yo mod my map see ya B)"
deadbeat

CDFA wrote:

deadbeat gave me an explanation as to why there is not a filter
i did? do you remember what i said. cause i sure don't :/

also for the record, no support at this point
Stefan
Before the QAT has been introduced we had TBAT (Taiko BAT), CTB BAT and osu!mania BAT. Now every BAT member is 'just' a BAT member, don't really know the reason again why but there was one for sure. But yes, that what CDFA said. Use friend list unless you have the maximum of friend number.
Lust
All BAT members can bubble and qualify any game mode they so chose. It is up to them to decide if they have the sufficient knowledge to do so (hence no tag/title discerning their mode of expertise and the reason why such things were removed from the wiki). You have to do your own research to see who is proficient enough in a certain game mode in order to improve your mapset to the best it can possible be for qualification (also to avoid fuck ups on both the BAT member's end and the mapper's).

Most people on the BAT won't mod anything outside a certain game mode of their choosing, and will most likely specify this on their userpages. Want to push your map forward? Then get up and start researching!
Krah
-There is no need for a moderator filter. There is actually no case where you have to directly contact a mod. If you want to report, you use !report. If you want some help, you use #help and if you want something related to your account, you email accounts@ppy.sh

-There is no need for a bat filter. You can see the list of BATs on the wiki on the g/27 page and specifications of each bat will not be readded so you will have to search on userpage. BATs aren't people to pm when you have a question, there is #modhelp and because sometimes nobody can answer here for others gamemodes issues you can still ask in #ctb #taiko or #osumania.

Tl;dr: No, useless
Aurele
Wasn't this already suggested and denied?
Piine
Doesn't seem like it. Either its has been removed by daily cleanings or been first time with this request.
deadbeat

Gabe wrote:

Wasn't this already suggested and denied?
i'll do the honors :3
what Krah and Lust said are pretty much all that needs saying. BAT's are also encouraged to try talk in public channels such as #modhelp or #taiko/osumania/ctb
try look there as well