forum

Danny Baranowsky - Necrodancer Zone 1-1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frogel_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Donnerstag, 4. September 2014 at 09:38:56

Artist: Danny Baranowsky
Title: Necrodancer Zone 1-1
Source: Crypt of the Necrodancer
Tags: Crypt of the Necrodancer Danny Baranowsky Zone
BPM: 113
Filesize: 4291kb
Play Time: 02:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2,65 stars, 220 notes)
  2. Normal (1,81 stars, 208 notes)
Download: Danny Baranowsky - Necrodancer Zone 1-1
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap. Have fun!
SomeGuyNamedDavid
Okay, so the biggest problem with this map was that it's missing the most important thing, the beat. The BPM/offset of 113.00 and 28 are off by a sizable amount, leading to mistimed beats throughout the entire song. The numbers those should be changed to are 115.00 and 0. (Offset of 0 is normally rare but it makes sense since this song is from a rhythm game.) The BPM and offset need to be absolutely perfect before you even place your first circle.

Other major things include: never overlap beats. There are a few spots where, for example, the end of one slider is on the exact same beat as the start of a new slider. That's something you can't do. And a circle size of 7 is way too small for just a Hard difficulty, in fact many maps never go over 5 or 6 even at their highest difficulty.

When you change the BPM, I recommend unchecking "move already placed notes" first, then going to "Timing > Resnap all notes" afterward. This way, you may be able to salvage some parts of what you've already done. If you resolve this and the other issues, I could see this going somewhere. Good luck, if you ever decide to pick this back up.