forum

[Archived] I cannot see my local scores with the new update system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fudgy
Problem Details:

I just changed to the new cutting edge update system and I cannot see any of my local scores in any map and game mode.

I changed back to the "Stable" version in the options thinking it would go back to how it was before, but I still cannot see them at all.

All of my scores are still in the Data r folder and if I click one, it will update my local scores for that one map. I do not intend to do that 3000+ times.

Is there any way of getting all of them back at once? Is this just temporary?

osu! version: 20140903.1cuttingedge
peppy
Scores are stored in scores.db, not a subfolder.
Topic Starter
Fudgy

peppy wrote:

Scores are stored in scores.db, not a subfolder.
Oh I see. Then what can I do to put them back in the game all at once?

Do I have to wait for the next updates and they will come back?
peppy
Check if there's a backup copy of scores.db? Or check the filesize of it if not. Sounds like something weird happened to your scores.
Topic Starter
Fudgy

peppy wrote:

Check if there's a backup copy of scores.db? Or check the filesize of it if not. Sounds like something weird happened to your scores.
I do not currently have access to my computer (school as of writing this message) so I do not know if there is a backup for the scores.db

I remember it being 47ko in size though.
drum drum
Because local scores are saved locally. Get a flashdrive and transfer them if you must / can.
Topic Starter
Fudgy

drum drum wrote:

Because local scores are saved locally. Get a flashdrive and transfer them if you must / can.
I did not mean that I wanted to have my local scores at school in case that's what you understood. I know that would not work.

peppy wrote:

Ok I'm back and there are 2 scores.db.numbersnumbers.bak files. One is 799ko in size and the other is 1101ko. What can I do with them to get my scores in game?
drum drum
Well, .bak is a file extension to signify a backup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bak_file

If there are numbers, those are most likely corrupted database files.
Topic Starter
Fudgy

drum drum wrote:

Wow that is great. I never imagined updating to the new cutting edge update system would corrupt my scores database.

I only updated because of the 1-2-3 key support in mania, and it ended up corrupting my scores... nice. :(

I guess my scores are gone forever then? Or is there some hope left? :?
Topic Starter
Fudgy
Please mark this as resolved, after opening osu! about 5 times, it decided to perform a 15 minute maintenance which took all my local scores back into the game. No idea why this did not happen sooner but that's all right. :)

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
drum drum

Fudgyking wrote:

drum drum wrote:

Wow that is great. I never imagined updating to the new cutting edge update system would corrupt my scores database.

I only updated because of the 1-2-3 key support in mania, and it ended up corrupting my scores... nice. :(

I guess my scores are gone forever then? Or is there some hope left? :?
Nothing is perfect y'know
Corruption usually happens when something unexpected happens and other events of the sort.
Shivarion

Fudgyking wrote:

Please mark this as resolved