forum

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Klipsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 06 September 2014 at 11:14:23

Artist: Taylor Swift
Title: Shake It Off
Tags: Taylor Swift Shake It Off 1989
BPM: 160
Filesize: 20160kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.98 stars, 711 notes)
  2. Normal (1.24 stars, 8 notes)
Download: Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
Download: Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hi, this is my first beatmap!!

MOD PLEASE!! Please try it!, it's good xD :3 I'll be very grateful.

THINGS TO DO:

Normal Diff- I will finish this very soon.
Kyuuten
Hello, Klipsy!
There is my modrequest by forum msg!
Sorry for my bad English.

General
The map doesn't have a background. I'll think you can use this or this.
The map doesn't have a preview point. 00:41:735 - This is a good timing point for preview of the beatmap. (set it from the white menu bar > Timing > Set Current Position at Preview Point.)

Insane
02:15:203 (1) - The finish on white tick.
02:44:828 (1) - Move it a little bit at the middle of the white tick and blue tick.
02:46:603 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I'll think you can replace these with an only-circle-stream, or you can simply move the sliders like the stream who I've "tried" to do. Stream positition complete -Stream position if you can't resolve this problem say it to me. :)
02:45:853 (5,6) - ^ Same. Replace this for do a complete stream! Stream-make preview complete w/ reverse back at 2 - Complete stream position (LIKE UP: you can only reposition the sliders but I think make a complete stream is better ;D) In alternative, toggle the 2nd slider, extend the lenght of the slider up to the stream (SO ONLY IF YOU DONE THE STREAM [why caps lol]) but leave one tick for insert another circle to the stream. Image!
02:48:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - AiMod says all this has some errors, but I don't have problems with it. But if you can remake it, specially in 02:54:203 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - (is the only not-rhythmic point of all) I can re-control it when all is Fixed :D

Kiai
KIAI 1 - Set the Kiai's lenght from 00:41:735 - at 01:07:235 - .

KIAI 2 - Set the Kiai's lenght from 01:41:719 - at 02:18:203 - .

KIAI 3 - Set the Kiai's lenght from 02:44:735 - at 03:09:110 - .
MagmaGecko
:) Great map!!! Really fun and well made :) I hope this is ranked soon!!
kristi71111
From #modreqs
General

SPOILER
Add tags (like Taylor Swift Shake it off)
Map set needs adleast 2 standard diffs one of them must be easy or normal
Video has sound in it this needs to be removed urgent
The filesize is over 24 coz of the video... Encoded a new one with a lower filesize (Also removed the sound)
Link: http://puu.sh/blERy/9b495bc401.zip
Change the volume from 100 to something like 60 or 50 % ...
I might come back when u finish every other diff
Also check aimod (ctrl,shift,a)
Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
Klipsy
Thanks everyone for your comments/mods! I really appreciate it!
I will start working on a normal difficulty and maybe a hard soon.

Any comments are welcome!
Kyuuten

Klipsy wrote:

Thanks everyone for your comments/mods! I really appreciate it!
I will start working on a normal difficulty and maybe a hard soon.

Any comments are welcome!
Good! Now I've checked the AIMod and it isn't saying anything on composing.
By the way, like I've said some-time ago:

Kamanezu wrote:

If you need something -- like a mod for your future diff or better, an GD or a background -- you are free to say it to me :3
Fowlerr
must be approved for sure, smooth and fun, keep it up. =D
Phos-
Hey there! Just so you know, you shouldn't be giving kudosu to posts that didn't help improve your map. For example, a post like this shouldn't be given kudosu:

grafitteosu wrote:

must be approved for sure, smooth and fun, keep it up. =D
View this page for info on whether a post should be given kudosu or not.

With that out of the way, I found this pretty fun to play, and here's a few things you should know:
  1. You should reduce the beatmap's filesize since it is over 24mb. This is because of the video, if you could find a video that isn't as large then you'll be fine.
  2. Another problem with the video is that it ends at 03:09:110 (1) - . The video should be as long as the entire song, so you should look for a more suitable alternative.
  3. The first two kiai times end in bad places. End the first kiai at 01:06:110 (5) - and the second kiai at 02:18:110
  4. Your map contains many long streams that shouldn't be here, such as 01:41:360 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - . I don't hear any 1/8th here in the music at all, so this feels like artificial difficulty. Remember that osu! is a rhythm game where you have to click objects to the beat, and I don't hear any beats here.
That's all I have to say for now, good luck with your map!
Mysticalia
Yikes, erm... I'm really new to this modding stuff (focusing on mania mapping so far) so your PM request sort of... completely caught me out... I don't play much STD anyway so this'll probably be a lot of suggestions based off a lot of theoretical stuff and autoplay lol, here goes...

Mod... @_@
  1. 00:19:985 - Carry on the previous combo (4 to 6) then NC at 00:20:360? (following the lyrics here, and it sort of matches your combos later too)
  2. 00:41:828 - There're only 3 clap sounds here (on the first 3 circles of your combo) so there's not much need for it on 4/5/6
  3. 00:54:110 - Maybe put your NC at 00:54:297 - here instead (new music / vocal phrase)
  4. 00:57:860 - Maybe NC here? This'll match your previous combo at 00:54:860 -
  5. 01:05:360 - There isn't technically a stream here since you just need your odd-numbered circles (at least that's what I hear anyway), but it may either a) be fun to play or b) catch people off - but since this is consistent with your previous streams then in theory at least it should be fine.
  6. 01:58:141 - For this part maybe mirror the rhythm you had at 01:54:860 - (1/4 circle after each slider except the last to create a combo of 8 - maybe put it stacking with the start of the next slider, or stacking with the start of the previous slider?)
  7. 02:48:110 - If you definitely don't want to get rid of the stream at 02:45:110 - then maybe add a stream here at the top of the field (to mirror your previous stream / add "symmetry")? (until 02:49:610 - , then NC on the next note?)
Erm, in general:
  1. I sort of agree with Fluttershy about the streams being artificial difficulty / overmapped, but at the very least they seem consistent, so I'm not going to say "get rid of them" outright. But (and this is from advice I got from someone else which is ultimately from previous personal experience), if you find yourself mapping everything and the star rating doesn't go beyond the threshold for the next difficulty, then it's the song's problem (don't overmap to compensate for this unless it's a) consistent, b) "feels right" to play at the very least). Match the final difficulty to the star rating, don't do it the other way around :D .
  2. I also agree with the part about it being too long (even AImod picks this up as a warning) - either map the rest of the song, or cut the video (windows movie maker would probably do this... I think).
  3. I'd suggest NC at every new music / vocal phrase, but at least keep whatever you decide to NC on consistent throughout the song.

I'm not really sure about what else to write, and the NCs don't really affect gameplay that much, and it almost looks as if they were nearly deliberate anyway so... good luck! :)
Toadsworth
Note: This mod is just a reccomendation, you don't have to acutally add it.

SPOILER
00:32:360 (3) - Uneven line

01:41:172 (4) - Square note out of line

02:14:360 (1,2,3,4) - This square feels better if its more centered

02:14:360 (1,2,3,4) - Square note out of line

Sorry if im bad new to modding ;-;

Pretty fun map :D Just ask if you want me to mod future diffs.
riffy
As requested, I am here to help you out with the beatmap. :)

[General]
  1. Try to actually follow the music in everything you do.
    1. Rhythm: Do not place circles when there is nothing in the music. For example, the beats on the blue ticks (1/4s) 01:53:360 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - like here. As they reprsesent nothing, they seem randomly placed and will bug players. Moreover, they don't really fit with the song and they ruin the actual rhyythm.
    2. Jumps: Use jumps only when they actually make sense with the song. They're randomly used a lot in the diff, for example 00:46:610 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - there are no any changes in the vocals but DS gets bigger and it may stress players a lot.
    3. Comboing: as new combos give some extra HP and influence playability of a map in special modes, use new combos wisely and keep them consistent. Just by looking at 01:59:360 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - pretty much any fragent of the map we can see that NCs are placed in random/irregular order. Placing them according to the vocals is nice, alternatively, you can uplace NCs every measure (big white line) or every second big white line. Try to keep NCs of a reasonable length and make sure that tthey're not overused!
    4. Hitsounding: make sure that your hitsounds actually make sense with the song. The claps at 01:39:110 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - don't work well with the vocals and seem overused. Same happens quite a lot. To make the diff sound better, you can use some pattern in hitsounding and have some fun with the volume/sampleset of hitsounds. Timing Panel (F6) may help you a lot with this!
    5. Spacing: try to use it as much as possible. Having some jumps/antijumps is fine as long as they fit with the song but I doubt that 01:32:360 (3,1) - this spacing is correct and makes sense with the music.
  2. The video seems quite NSFW. Some parts of it are quite suggestive, so I would remove it. Anyway, get a few more opinions to make sure.
  3. Since you don't use the end of the mp3, it would be a good idea to cut the end of the video and the mp3 to save some space and keep the .osz file of a reasonable size.
Not bad for a first time, but you can make it better! Check out some general guides and stuff and take a look at the osu!wiki!. Feel free to ask me for help if you need something or have any questions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
TheBitT
Played this map in Multiplayer Session. Great mapping on insane!
TicClick
Please do this wisely, and only give kudosu when they are deserved. The main thing to think about before rewarding posters: Does this post contain constructive criticism about my map which will help me improve it?.
rapscaz
hi klipsy,

this map is okay, but still needs easier difficulties to help newer players like myself.

thanks,
Rapscaz
rhalp10
Hello!
Before i mod this map ! finish the normal first and create easy diff !!
[GENERAL]
  1. Try to create easy diff !
I see 4 warning ai mod but it can consideraly !
Topic Starter
Klipsy
Gonna start editing this map again now!
Domfod
Really good! Nice and smooth :) keep it up
Mati123
Really great map, feels awesome to play in the beginning, but in the end the streams get kinda weird. They really should be re-considered. It starts at 2:00.
DutchTacoNL
For a first map i'd its prety solid, Needs bit of smoothening though :)
rhalp10

Sorry My Queue For STDHas Been Closed I Can't Handle That Mode Anymore .. :(
iWumpZ
Is a great map!
[ Kartohan ]
Great map! I play it again and again!
But some of the notes needed to put into place.
Please complete create this beatmap and i hope you get ranked!