forum

Invisible cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
So, I started using an invisible cursor because I heard it improves aim, but before I keep doing it I want to know if it really works. I've heard of a few players that supposedly have great aim because they used to use an invisible cursor, but is there anything I should be aware of? Should I make my Star2 invisible too? Anyone who used it before know if it does really improve aim?

Tl;dr: I'm using invisible cursor and I want to see if it really helps improve aim.

Edit: Would an incredibly small cursor help improve aim too? If so I might just use a 10x10 pixel cursor.
GoldenWolf

In No Hurry wrote:

So, I started using an invisible cursor because I heard it improves aim
huhhhhh
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sorry to disappoint but no that's bullshit

you improve aim by playing jumpy maps and small circles
Topic Starter
In No Hurry

GoldenWolf wrote:

In No Hurry wrote:

So, I started using an invisible cursor because I heard it improves aim
huhhhhh
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sorry to disappoint but no that's bullshit

you improve aim by playing jumpy maps and small circles

Oh, damn. I was hoping it would work too. Are there any actual ways to improve aim other than to just "play more". It's mainly muscle memory, so I thought it might actually work (The invisible cursor).

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice the last part. I already play jumpy maps with small circles since I'm an aim/accuracy player anyway. I was just wondering how I could "hone a weapon into a better weapon".
f i z i k

In No Hurry wrote:

Oh, damn. I was hoping it would work too. Are there any actual ways to improve aim other than to just "play more". It's mainly muscle memory, so I thought it might actually work (The invisible cursor).

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice the last part. I already play jumpy maps with small circles since I'm an aim/accuracy player anyway. I was just wondering how I could "hone a weapon into a better weapon".
map your favourite maps,preferably jumpy maps,to cs7 od10. enjoy getting sick aim. also play maps with spaced 1/2 since that requires the most aim anyways
Friendan

In No Hurry wrote:

No, this game isn't like TF2 or DotA. There is no strategy involved in osu!.
GoldenWolf
You also improve aim by playing these:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96143
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96171
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96172

Start off with Halftime if 180bpm normal speed is too fast
shikyi
Holy fuck, thank you GoldenWolf! Those are the kinds of beatmaps I've been searching forever!
Yuudachi-kun

shikyi wrote:

Holy fuck, thanks you GoldenWolf! Those are the kinds of beatmans I've been searching forever!
Why

Ei taas tätä paskaa
ZenithPhantasm
I tried it and I couldn't aim
-Makishima S-
So, I started using an invisible cursor because I heard it improves aim, but before I keep doing it I want to know if it really works.
Ummmm........... how to say this, sorry, was laughing at some point - no, it doesn't work, it's PURE BULLSHIT.

You improve aim by playing moe. A lot moe.

I've heard of a few players that supposedly have great aim because they used to use an invisible cursor, but is there anything I should be aware of? Should I make my Star2 invisible too? Anyone who used it before know if it does really improve aim?
Don't listen to #osu, i bet you get this stupid idea from this cancer channel. Just close it whenever you run this game.
No, let's go by logic:

How you want to aim when you don't see your "aiming point" (means cursor)? Especialy as new player who don't have any muscle memory. Impossibru my friend.
It's possible only when you memorize map in your muscle memory which is bad idea and bad habit. In this case you also memorize wrong hand positioning with mouse / tablet pen which will cause you create wrong aiming (speed and cursor positioning into circles) in faster patterns what require your muscle memory to help in it. Don't do this please.

Edit: Would an incredibly small cursor help improve aim too? If so I might just use a 10x10 pixel cursor.
I done one time 5x5 px cursor play on jumping map - it went horrible... a map what i played a lot.

Just stick to normal cursor and... play moe.
chainpullz
I think you have a misconception when it comes to muscle memory. It does also affect relative movements and not just the absolute ones like jumps 1-340 of <insert-generic-tv-size-bullshit-here> that you put in <insert-even-more-bullshit-playcount> on. The better your aim is the less having an invisible cursor impacts you until you reach the level of accuracy that simply seeing that you hit the circle is enough visual reinforcement that you can aim the next circle. Your brain starts to approximate a 1-1 map of displacement to movement required and gets better at approximating displacement between circles.

Will playing with an invisible cursor improve your aim? Yes, but not as fast as playing with a cursor would. If you play a lot with any setup you're probably going to improve though. The more visual reinforcement you have the faster you will develop muscle memory (note: diminishing returns on increase in rate of development for obvious reasons).
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

I think you have a misconception when it comes to muscle memory. It does also affect relative movements and not just the absolute ones like jumps 1-340 of <insert-generic-tv-size-bullshit-here> that you put in <insert-even-more-bullshit-playcount> on. The better your aim is the less having an invisible cursor impacts you until you reach the level of accuracy that simply seeing that you hit the circle is enough visual reinforcement that you can aim the next circle. Your brain starts to approximate a 1-1 map of displacement to movement required and gets better at approximating displacement between circles.

Will playing with an invisible cursor improve your aim? Yes, but not as fast as playing with a cursor would. If you play a lot with any setup you're probably going to improve though. The more visual reinforcement you have the faster you will develop muscle memory (note: diminishing returns on increase in rate of development for obvious reasons).
Doesn't work with mouse tho because you need visual feedback of the cursor's positioning to adjust for minor aim imperfections that lead to drift.
buny
dat necro tho

invisible cursor indirectly helps you aim by forcing you to learn muscle memory

just like how hidden forces you to learn the rhythm