forum

Toggle to place storyboard under video (for no video mod)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
I completly agree, I don't like using video (they lag a lot for me) but I would like to see a nice storyboard in place of a video.
Derekku
Uh, why not just get rid of the video and use the SB for all times? :/
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Cause it's not as good as the video, and it'd be impossible to make it the same without using a ton of sprites and lagging osu.
Derekku
Ah, okay. I see.

A mapper-only toggle? Sounds harmless enough to me.
Torran
Hybrid SB's Yay! Support~!
LuigiHann
Yeah I don't think it should ever be "behind" the video, since there's no reason to have the SB play at all if there's a video in front of it. I guess a more specific "only play SB when noVid is enabled" checkbox in the Storyboarding tab could be added.
-David
a
NotShinta
What if more SB is meant to be on top of the video?

I support the original idea for that reason.
RandomJibberish
Maybe there could be another Parameter added that dictates whether the storyboard is hidden when video is shown? It should default to 0 of course.

I'm in support of this however it's implemented :P
mm201
Treating the video as a normal SB object, having a Z-index and being a member of one of the layers, sounds like a good idea.
An64fan
I feel one of the big reasons for having a NoVideo mod is to switch off video on specific maps that you don't like, or find really distracting. If you're planning on storyboarding something of the same effect, it seems to defeat the purpose if you ask me. It's like getting a big "NO!" sign slapped in your face when you turn on NoVideo to eliminate a distraction. Even in the case of videos being turned off for other reasons (like my case in dealing with a weak computer), extra additions made as a compromise can still be an extra burden. For example, not only does my computer kick up a fuss if I play with video, it also has a fit in the presence of more than the tiniest bits of storyboarding, as well.

I like the idea of treating video as a storyboard object as MM201 mentioned, but something's nagging me, saying "That'll be even MORE taxing!", besides potential conflict with NoVideo in some scenarios.

Completely contrary to this topic, I'd actually rather if NoVid also shut down storyboarding, but I unfortunately(un?) recall cases of such being turned down by the likes of peppy, or something of the sort.
Edit: Also, I will feel free to contradict myself once more in a year's time, just you wait.
TheVileOne
Duplicated my thread idea to support this one. There are particular issues with storyboarded backgrounds that negatively affect playing experience if the song has a video. I can think of one case in particular. It would solve this issue if it were possible to place things behind the video. It's not important how it can be done only that it's possible to do so.
Bonsai
Holla, I'd like to bump this thread since it went from adding a toggle to changing how the video is treated in relation to storyboarding, and I've made a different thread explaining this more detailed and requesting that specific feature, but I don't know whether creating a new thread was a good idea or not, so instead of bumping that one I'll just bump this one again I guess lol