wow

i s'd that the day after it came out.

this means i suck now more than i thot i did
yes wtf

How am I supposed to praise you now
silmarilen

winber1 wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

mhh apparently i have some scores from januari 2012 on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/40071 so i guess it wasnt as late as i thought
wow

i s'd that the day after it came out.

this means i suck now more than i thot i did
i still dont have an fc on it, altho my current score is from december 2012 lol.
chainpullz

GoldenWolf wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 HR go
Dungeon never fails to impress with these niche skillsets lol.

I've been able to pass some 5.0+ songs for a while now. These days I mostly just play HR or DT for enjoyment and a good portion of those maps are 5.0+ (the HR ones mostly).

I did hit the 6.0star milestone this week passing Dispel with HR on though (idk if that counts, its a pretty easy 6.0 all things considered).
Insyni
21k+ (aka I can't survive them at 21k plays)

As far as I'm concerned, they seem impossible.
GoldenWolf

chainpullz wrote:

I did hit the 6.0star milestone this week passing Dispel with HR on though (idk if that counts, its a pretty easy 6.0 all things considered).
Talking about nomod maps I think
Synpoo
i think i passed remote control and hoshizora's 5 stars around 5.5k playcount
cheezstik
Dark PHOENiX - Taketori Hishou
^ My first "extra" I passed at around 40k I think, I can check my local score date when I get home. Probably the easiest extra out there.

Eagle - S!ck
^I passed the extra and extreme at 14k. (Copyright issues, have to use bloodcat to download map)

Meg & Dia - Monster (DotEXE Remix)
^I passed both extras at 14k, the sliders are really fun. Crazy hp drain rate. Map feels very 2014.
Mythras
30k plays? I dunno back in my day we used to get top 50's SS nomodding hard maps though, so it was kind of a different playing field.

That being said accuracy is usually not my problem when it comes to these extras
chainpullz
I feel like stating when you first passed an extra map isn't as helpful as stating when you could consistently pass a large variety of them with above 86% accuracy (much lower than this and I'd argue you aren't able to actually read the map). Just because you can pass a star difficulty doesn't necessarily mean you should be spamming it as practice. I see too many people trying to rush into higher difficulty maps when they really should just practice fundamentals. That said, if you really don't care about improving and find bashing your head against a wall fun then who am I to stop you.

If you really want to improve then focus on fundamentals and play maps that you can actually sightread A's on. When you feel like challenging yourself play songs that you can at least sightread B's on. Focus on your accuracy above all else and you will quickly expand into higher star ratings.

Also, if you spend like a week or two playing songs you can sightread A's on with sudden death and retrying a bunch your fundamentals will improve quite noticeably. You will rack up large playcount in a shorter period of time but really, people don't give a shit how many plays you have. If they care about anything (usually they don't) its what difficulty of song you can put out good scores for.
Vuelo Eluko
but playing stuff you can barely pass over and over will bring improvement...
nrl
Performance on the map isn't relevant, what's important is that you can read the map and keep up with it.
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab

Narrill wrote:

Performance on the map isn't relevant, what's important is that you can read the map and keep up with it.
So if I am getting up to 20 misses on a map it means that I can almost read it? If performance isn't relevant.
Vuelo Eluko
if you can keep up and read it that means you can keep up and read it
there's no guideline for it
you should be able to tell
GoldenWolf
If you get so many misses then no, I don't think you're able to read it.
xGx

GoldenWolf
Aim and reading are closely related though, if you get "random misses" it might be because you lose focus from time to time and misread some small parts of the map
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

If you get so many misses then no, I don't think you're able to read it.
When you consider that a map has 550 650 or 850 notes then the miss % is only 3.6% 3.07% and 2.3% of the whole map. It's like there are certain parts of the map where you get a few misses due to inability to read or due to aim overshots etc.

Although my acc is shit on them which in my eyes means I can't play them decently because I am not faster than the map.
GoldenWolf
When you can consistently do ~5 misses run on a ~1'000 objects map, you have few chances of FCing it, despite it only representing 0.5% of the map
98% and 99% seem close, yet the first has twice as many 100s than the latter, making it twice as bad

It doesn't matter if the number seems small or are close from each other, 20 misses is a lot and when you get this many, how can you say you can read the map?
Vuelo Eluko
i miss a lot of jumps that i properly read because of my horrific aim.
Wishy
Just play shit on DT/HR with NF.

Either that or play Extras with NF and fail like an idiot. That's the best way to get the hang of it.

You can't really read a map where you miss all the time, if you get some random misses here and there then yeah you can read it, but if you get tons of misses EVERYWHERE then no, you can't.

Aim is mostly reading if you play consistently every day. It's more mechanical when you play very little time every a few days so you kind of lose the hang of it, which is at least what happens to me since I play once or twice a week lol, first 30 minutes feel so weird can't even grab the stylus comfortable. :(

Again, getting 20 misses on most maps is A LOT. Keep in mind that almost every map is consistently easy all the way around except for a few parts where you get some difficulty spikes. Exceptions are really hard maps which are those where you see only extremely good players get FCs, we are probably not talking about these since they are seriously hard and probably out of OP's reach for now. Regular maps (this includes Insanes and not very hard Extras) are just quite easy except for that pattern or a few streams, you shouldn't get more than a couple misses on those parts, the rest is unmisseable.

To understand my point, try maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/100348 or https://osu.ppy.sh/s/40344. Those are the first that come to mind which are hard all around, try them with no fail and you'll see how misses pop up everywhere, granted they are extremely hard but you'd be surprised of how many maps have some bits that reach that difficulty level yet you don't really notice it because it's just for a few seconds, while the rest of the map is ezpz.
Kaitou Kid
You start playing extra maps, when insane maps get boring.