forum

slider follow circles actually necessary?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B1rd
I've just been playing without them, and IMO, they're not necessary. They don't make it an easier to follow the slider, they just add unnecassary clutter. Sliders seem stangely naked at first, but after playing for a few minutes I find it's much nicer without them appearing from nowhere. So if you don't already, have a go without them, and test if you like it or not. Just make sure that your skin has a visible thing that travels in the middle of the slider body.

guide:
-go to your skin folder, insider the osu! folder
-find the slider follow circle file, remove it or rename it
-find a invisible picture file, copy it into your skin folder and rename it 'sliderfollowcircle' (or whatever its name was)
Vuelo Eluko
its just one of the things ive gotten used to like followpoints so i dont think ill bother
really though if i wanted least clutter id get rid of everything from followpoints to combo numbers and play hidden only with 1px cursor
Bauxe
They are there to show you the area you have to keep your mouse in.

Riince wrote:

really though if i wanted least clutter id get rid of everything from followpoints to combo numbers and play hidden only with 1px cursor
is this a challenge mate
CXu
They're more helpful than the ball.
Vuelo Eluko

Faces3 wrote:

Riince wrote:

is this a challenge mate
uwont

Riince wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

is this a challenge mate
uwont
I WILL

edit: in other news yolo
Vuelo Eluko
hit enter next time nerd
Topic Starter
B1rd

Bauxe wrote:

They are there to show you the area you have to keep your mouse in.
they are great for the times when you feel like practising spinning circles while inside the sliders.
winber1
unless your slider circle is like a completely filled in black circle, you shouldn't even notice they are there

and yes this is also a challenge
Aqo
I always had this element set to transparent in my skin

love balls
AmaiHachimitsu
Yeah, ball is enough.

Normally you won't fail the sliders unless it's a total troll speed case in which slider follow won't help anyway.
nrl

CXu wrote:

They're more helpful than the ball.
They're also more distracting than the ball. I've been playing with just a slider ball for a while now, and I like it.
Drezi
they're not necessary, you only need the sliderball to see how fast the slider is, and the sliderball's velocity is easier to see right away, cause you have to wait for the followcircle to appear. the expanding (and on short sliders even vibrating) followcircle is just clutter, you know the area roughly, and you never actually look at the exact followcircle area anyway, to decide if you can leave a slider.
I Give Up
I've gotten so used to it that it feels really awkward to play without it. The only thing that was distracting for me was the pulsating motion so I modified my skin so it doesn't do that any more.
Winshley
It actually helps me to see how far I should go off from the area when I do cursor-dancing on maps with spacious slider ticks.
Litenang
I currently use just a thin blue-ish circle. It has a different color than all my hitcircles and doesn't seem to clutter anything. This coming from someone who only plays hidden because hitcircles are annoying once you know where it is.