forum

[invalid] [resolved] Lost pp after FC'ing an Insane map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sbstratos79
Problem Details: I fc'ed this Insane map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/455176 And instead of gaining pp, I actually lost it. I had 1791 pp before clearing this map, but now I have only 1781 pp. :( Any help would be appreciated. m(_ _)m

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Since I don't have the screenshot of my older pp, I'll just attach a screenshot showing my current pp:

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Rio-
It might be one of these :

1. You got lower accuracy than Your previous plays
2. A Recalculation

also, try discuss about pp here
Topic Starter
sbstratos79
1. I have got higher accuracy than my previous play.
2. Could you please elaborate this point a bit more. I mean, were my scores recalculated and as a result my overall pp was reduced? But aren't the scores below the newest score, recalculated and multiplied my progressively decreasing multipliers to reduce their weightage. That should still increase my overall pp, since the new pp is more than all of those pp's below it and all the lower pp calculations will always include multiplication by a constant multiple for the corresponding values nth score. I hope I was able to make myself clear. :P
And thanks a lot for the link. I'll post my problem in that thread. :)
drum drum

sbstratos79 wrote:

2. Could you please elaborate this point a bit more. I mean, were my scores recalculated and as a result my overall pp was reduced? But aren't the scores below the newest score, recalculated and multiplied my progressively decreasing multipliers to reduce their weightage. That should still increase my overall pp, since the new pp is more than all of those pp's below it and all the lower pp calculations will always include multiplication by a constant multiple for the corresponding values nth score.
PP recalculations are done every once-in-a-while. This is when the PP algorithm is changed and edited. Raw PP after calculations may change. It's nothing you should really worry about. Just enjoy the game.
Topic Starter
sbstratos79
ah ok, thanks a lot for the help. :D I really enjoy the game. xD The thing is, I don't usually fc things, I just try to clear super insane maps, which don't help me gain any pp. xD Not that I care much about pp, but since, this one time when I actually fc'ed a (relatively easier) map, I was just confused when I lost pp instead of gaining it. :P I guess, I'll just keep on fc'ing maps. xD But thanks a lot for your help. :)