forum

yuikonnu - Chikyuu Saigo no Kokuhaku o

posted
Total Posts
show more
IamKwaN
[General]
  1. drum-hitwhistle5.wav & soft-slidertick6.wav - 10 ms delay http://puu.sh/cX8X6.png
  2. drum-sliderslide5.wav normal-sliderslide5.wav 為啥有音 用soft那個代替阿
[Easy]
  1. 00:45:114 (3,1) - Stack
  2. 01:44:483 (1) - *accidental* DS
  3. 02:38:483 (3) - Intentionally different hitsounds from 01:35:325 (3) - 03:45:430 (3) - ? Same for other diffs.
  4. 03:19:219 (2) - DS, should be same like 03:28:062 (1,2) -
[Skystar]
  1. 01:34:220 - 02:37:377 - 03:58:219 - Unsnapped kiai 綠線
[Insane]
  1. 03:44:798 - Redundant green line.
Aleks719
No.

Don't mix terms. You talk about rhythms, i talk about overmap.
Rhythm would be fine, but it follows nothing. If objects follow nothing it means map is overmapped.
That's not my vision, that's objective. Difficulty has obects without any feedback in music.
Saoji

Aleks719 wrote:

No.

Rhythm would be fine, but it follows nothing. If objects follow nothing it means map is overmapped.
That's not my vision, that's objective. Difficulty has obects without any feedback in music.
Those are here to sustain (as James/NatsumeRin at some points used to do).

(If the GUIDEline are rules, thanks to add those on rank criteria btw. Because this is more and more confusing for everyone, including BATs).
Kibbleru
:?

Yales wrote:

Aleks719 wrote:

No.

Those are here to sustain (as James/NatsumeRin at some points used to do).

(If the GUIDEline are rules, thanks to add those on rank criteria btw. Because this is more and more confusing for everyone, including BATs).
doesn't need to be unrankable objectively to get unranked, well c how this sorts out.

however,
@aleks i feel like you could point out the parts that you have problems against, so we at least know what we should work with.

i really like this diff myself (although i cant even play it lol) and i think its already very good as it is for this nature of mapping.
captin1
Why is the map being slightly overmapped a cause for unrank? It's rhythmic additions designed to enhance the feeling of the song that the mapper has, a very valid and common practice within mapping.

This is a fantastic map born from Amamiya Yuko's unique style that provides a fresh take on the song while still maintaining great playability. Trying to trample on that is quite simply, ruining his style. And that's not what the two beatmap moderation teams are for. They're for refining and encouraging mapping techniques and styles to where they are able to be showcased as a ranked map. I'm extremely disappointed that this completely backwards thinking of trying to force a mapper to change something subjective to rank a map still exists.

Please stop, Aleks.

Edit: In case it is not clear, I will say this:

The fact that there is overmap present in the diff is objective. Whether or not it is rankable is subjective based on opinion. Your persistence in trying to force changes on this subjective issue of rankability is abuse and ideally should not be tolerated under any ranking system.
Natsu

Aleks719 wrote:

No.

But that's a guideline, not a rule, also the amount of overmap is really little in comparison with other already ranked maps, personally I found Yuko's diff really fun and well designed diff, looking at the thread you are the only one that have problems with it, being this a very subjective issue, I guess we can get more opinions from other BAT/QATs to find a solution. Forcing a mapper to change what he don't want is really bad, instead can be nice if you can provide him a mod pointing what in your opinion is bad/overmapped/etc.. and bring him solutions or suggestions to find an appropiate solution in which the two parts end in a good deal.

Hope you can move this map forward soon GL
Kinomi
what we should learn more is how to map, learn how to present the music, how to show our understanding of the music, how to share our understanding with players.

not the definition of overmap.
Koiyuki
honestly
i dont know why qats catch the overmap issues so carefully now and consider it as an unrankable issue
if overmap become an unrankable issue one day, i cant imagine what will happen on mapping
also rip my extra on another map

i just leave my opinion here:
if overmap let the map become more confortable and enjoyable, good
if not, bad

and imo, skystar's diff is good
Saoji
Yep yep, overmap can be a good thing too

Tsukuyomi wrote:

what we should learn more is how to map, learn how to present the music, how to show our understanding of the music, how to share our understanding with players.

not the definition of overmap.
BAT pls
CSLM

Minakami Yuki wrote:

honestly
i dont know why qats catch the overmap issues so carefully now and consider it as an unrankable issue
if overmap become an unrankable issue one day, i cant imagine what will happen on mapping
also rip my extra on another map

i just leave my opinion here:
if overmap let the map become more confortable and enjoyable, good
if not, bad

and imo, skystar's diff is good
i'm agree with this, the overmap is converted now in part of the actual kind of mapping. A lot of people love the overmapped streams and 3/4 overlaps (i'm included in this, specialy in the low BPM maps, like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/141672)

i think really stupid the unqualify now for that, the overmap is part of the mapping now, i don't really neccesary what the QATs prohibit it
xxdeathx
Oh the irony (t/223543)

Let's actually make it happen though. It's no fun to leave a map disqualified.
Charles445
Hi

For the blues after the reds in the slow portion at 00:54:000 - , there is the occasional extra kick in the drums.
I'll document the places where they happen below.

00:54:825 -
00:55:772 -
00:58:298 -
00:58:930 -
01:02:719 -
01:03:667 -
01:03:983 -
01:04:062 - From this point on there is an 8 bit sound that is 1/4 all over.

That's quite a lot! It would make sense to have some 3 note streams in here.
Now with that in mind, let's go to the Kokuhaku difficulty and see if any circles don't quite fit on those beats in that slow section.

Circle at 00:55:772 (4) - Quiet kick in music
Circle at 00:56:719 (2) - Nothing
Circle at 00:57:667 (2) - Nothing
Circle at 00:58:930 (5) - Quiet kick in music
Circle at 01:02:719 (5) - Quiet kick, also vocalist beginning "s"
Circle at 01:03:667 (4) - Loud kick in music
Circle at 01:05:246 (5) - 8 bit noise
Circle at 01:05:877 (2) - 8 bit noise
Circle at 01:07:772 (2) - 8 bit noise
Circle at 01:09:035 (5) - 8 bit noise

Also, the mapper can choose to add circles to 00:54:825 - , 00:58:298 - , and 01:03:983 - if desired, and at any point after 01:04:062 -.

So basically there are only two overmapped circles here.
To be honest, that's very, very little, and I highly doubt most players would notice considering they are found in 3 note streams.
Most players mentally line up streams based on where the red and white ticks line up. That's why a lot of streams have new combos every 4 notes; it makes it easier to keep track of how fast you need to stream. A stream as small as three notes hardly needs any of that deep thought.

So is overmapping bad? Yeah, but in cases like this, it's not really hurting that much, and it definitely isn't happening a lot.

Let's stop getting worked up over small things and let's push this towards qualified again.

(also if I need to clarify anything, please let me know)
EDIT:
(oh actually should point out, the overmapping examples given in the unrank post, none of those were actually overmapped, see the information above)
Kibbleru
charles ftw!
Aleks719
Nice explanation, Charles.

Actually main problems have been already fixed by sliders, beats on blue ticks were too quiet for using for notes, but fine for end of sliders or reverses. Talked with Yuko via irc

edit:
bubble was given after applied mod by Iamkwan
Natsu
placeholder then, brb
Skystar
thanks for all the help guys!
(and someone give charles a kd pls lol)
Topic Starter
Fycho

IamKwaN wrote:

[General]
  1. drum-hitwhistle5.wav & soft-slidertick6.wav - 10 ms delay http://puu.sh/cX8X6.png
  2. drum-sliderslide5.wav normal-sliderslide5.wav 為啥有音 用soft那個代替阿
[Easy]
  1. 00:45:114 (3,1) - Stack
  2. 01:44:483 (1) - *accidental* DS
  3. 02:38:483 (3) - Intentionally different hitsounds from 01:35:325 (3) - 03:45:430 (3) - ? Same for other diffs. 的确是故意的 都是复制的insane
  4. 03:19:219 (2) - DS, should be same like 03:28:062 (1,2) -
[Skystar]
  1. 01:34:220 - 02:37:377 - 03:58:219 - Unsnapped kiai 綠線
[Insane]
  1. 03:44:798 - Redundant green line.

all fixed unless that is replied, changed hitsounds please redownload.
thanks everyone who supports my map and aleks's understanding(especially charles<3)
Natsu
Here you go
Saoji
Congratz :)
Mao
Gratz on the rerank o/
Xilver15
Veemon
yeah!! Yuikonnu >w< thank you!!
Oracle
re-gz!
Kibbleru
yaayy! regraz
Dark Fang
the title isn't "Chikyuu Saigo no Kokuhaku wo"?
地球最後の告白

'を' can type as [wo] in romaji
and [o] is from 'お' anyway

am i right? if not, sorry
Skystar
Dark Fang

Dark Fang wrote:

sorry
TicClick
mmmmmkay
scanter
:O