forum

My Chemical Romance - All I Want For Christmas Is You

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
riffy
Разве что на предпоследнем в Инсейне не стал стак фиксить, его же не видно совсем. Остальное применил, спасибо!
Bonsai

Mao wrote:

Oh yay, it's back o/
Izzywing
waiting for mods, you say?

Normal

00:49:493 (1) - This would be a neat shape if you got symmetrical over the x axis, because then you could have its blanket with 00:49:126 (3) - and 00:50:952 (2) - be the exact same.

01:07:003 (1) - Line up the red nodes in the slidertick? So that the slider changes directions on the beats which is kinda cool
01:08:486 (1) - ^

01:14:331 (2) - would NC here, helps distinguish this symmetrical slider pattern thingy as its own pattern, also I'd move the NC of 01:15:425 (1) - to 01:15:789 (2) - instead.

02:22:659 (4,1) - This blanket could improved a bit if you want to.

02:48:691 (3,4) - Noticeably off blanket, also 02:48:691 (3) - is not symmetrical if you intended it to be.

03:01:981 - Looks like 20% of the song at the end is unmapped, I think you'll need to cut the mp3.

Hard

00:45:119 (1) - I don't like how you're ignoring the vocal on 00:45:300, seems important enough to be worth mapping.

Okay so I'm not really a fan of this diff. For one, I think the SV is too high, and I also dislike the many 1/1 gaps. For example, 00:51:500; why is there a gap here? There's even a vocal there. When the SV is this high for a hard, you cant exactly just have a constant stream of notes every 1/2 note, obviously, because that would make it too hard. If you lower the SV a bit, it gives you some more lenience in terms of not having to undermap so that the diff isn't too hard.

tl;dr I disagree with how this diff is mapped.

Some more examples of things I don't like;

00:53:507 (2,3,4,5,6) - First off, the 1/1 gap and the jump from 2 to 3 have similar spacing, which is a bit misleading. Second, this plays really weird; It goes from fast gameplay to pause to fast gameplay to pause, and I'm not a fan.

00:58:267 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Again, way too many 1/1 gaps. Makes it feel like play;pause;play;pause which just feels lame to me.

Might just be that since I'm a newer mapper I'm more used to the moddern mapping style, and this is an older map, but yeah I just disagree with how this is mapped. I don't want to say "remap pls" because you know, that's up to you, but take what I'm talking about into consideration.

To be clear, I get that this song doesn't do many favors in terms of allowing you to map the 1/2 beats constantly (because there aren't even sounds there a lot of the time), but when you're skipping prominent vocals (another example: 01:49:229 , 01:52:156 - , 01:52:884 - etc)

The christmas diff has a lot of these problems as well and I don't really know how to mod these difficulties, sorry :/

Sorry if my mod came off as "what is this 2014 mapping style delete pls" but ignoring the mapping style, the 1/1 gaps feel like severe undermapping and the SVs for the Hard (and Insane even) feel way too big.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
riffy

Hobbes2 wrote:

waiting for mods, you say?

Normal

00:49:493 (1) - This would be a neat shape if you got symmetrical over the x axis, because then you could have its blanket with 00:49:126 (3) - and 00:50:952 (2) - be the exact same. they are practically the same, I might be just tired but I don't really see anything I could do with the pattern

01:07:003 (1) - Line up the red nodes in the slidertick? So that the slider changes directions on the beats which is kinda cool
01:08:486 (1) - ^

01:14:331 (2) - would NC here, helps distinguish this symmetrical slider pattern thingy as its own pattern, also I'd move the NC of 01:15:425 (1) - to 01:15:789 (2) - instead.

02:22:659 (4,1) - This blanket could improved a bit if you want to.

02:48:691 (3,4) - Noticeably off blanket, also 02:48:691 (3) - is not symmetrical if you intended it to be.

03:01:981 - Looks like 20% of the song at the end is unmapped, I think you'll need to cut the mp3.

Hard

00:45:119 (1) - I don't like how you're ignoring the vocal on 00:45:300, seems important enough to be worth mapping. there isn't much I can do as I don't want to overuse 1/2 stuff and I can't sip the downbeat. So, I guess this is kind of a compromise

Okay so I'm not really a fan of this diff. For one, I think the SV is too high, and I also dislike the many 1/1 gaps. For example, 00:51:500; why is there a gap here? There's even a vocal there. When the SV is this high for a hard, you cant exactly just have a constant stream of notes every 1/2 note, obviously, because that would make it too hard. If you lower the SV a bit, it gives you some more lenience in terms of not having to undermap so that the diff isn't too hard.

tl;dr I disagree with how this diff is mapped. I guess I have to explain the way spread works, and the way difficulties are mapped. This, is more of a Hard+ as the velocity goes, but in terms of the rhythm it's like an Advanced. Put these two together and you get a fairly well-done Hard. Most of the stuff tries to fit with the main instruments/vocals without overloading them. THis is also why Insane feels unusual and the SV gaps in general are so big, it might (not) work for 2016 Standards, but I believe the way it is mapped to be perfectly reasonable

Some more examples of things I don't like;

00:53:507 (2,3,4,5,6) - First off, the 1/1 gap and the jump from 2 to 3 have similar spacing, which is a bit misleading. Second, this plays really weird; It goes from fast gameplay to pause to fast gameplay to pause, and I'm not a fan. but that's exactly how I want the map to go and this is what I hear in the song. Besides, the spacing appears to be readable, though I will try to gather more opinions on it to make sure

00:58:267 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Again, way too many 1/1 gaps. Makes it feel like play;pause;play;pause which just feels lame to me. I do not want to turn it into 1/2 dudududududududud map, that would just ruin the song to me, so I try to work my way around the difficulty and emphasise things as I can

Might just be that since I'm a newer mapper I'm more used to the moddern mapping style, and this is an older map, but yeah I just disagree with how this is mapped. I don't want to say "remap pls" because you know, that's up to you, but take what I'm talking about into consideration.

To be clear, I get that this song doesn't do many favors in terms of allowing you to map the 1/2 beats constantly (because there aren't even sounds there a lot of the time), but when you're skipping prominent vocals (another example: 01:49:229 , 01:52:156 - , 01:52:884 - etc)

The christmas diff has a lot of these problems as well and I don't really know how to mod these difficulties, sorry :/

Sorry if my mod came off as "what is this 2014 mapping style delete pls" but ignoring the mapping style, the 1/1 gaps feel like severe undermapping and the SVs for the Hard (and Insane even) feel way too big.

Good luck!
I did, however, go through the map but couldn't really find any places where 1/2 beats would be necessary apart from 01:52:884 - that you have mentioned. Will try to gather opinions and see if it's still something that can compete with 2016 mapping.

Also, I've applied most of the things in Normal, if not anything. These really had to be fixed, indeed.Thanks a lot!

Not cuttin git as the mapped part ends exactly at 80.2% which is actually rankable. :p
Izzywing
Read through your response and I guess I can understand it more now. The idea of this being like a Hard+ in terms of speed but mapped like an Advanced to average out to a Hard isn't really something I like, but I understand that it can work. Sorry if I came across as harsh or anything, that's never my intention :P
Topic Starter
riffy
It's always good to see an honest opinion, feels like a breath of fresh air. Appreciate your help, man!
Bonsai
If you're not getting it ranked this year I'm gonna knock over your Christmas Tree >:(

also, this is currently breaking the 80%-rule, either map more or cut the ending so it's only ~3:33 long (rip my timing lol)
Topic Starter
riffy
It's not breaking anything, as long as we are over the 80% timestamp we are good to go. As for the into, it can be as long as I find it necessary, so yeah.

I'll have a hard tme finding nominators for this one, tho.
Saturnalize
Am I allowed to mail this map to every available nominator

also revive this

pls

bakari
Bonsai

RC wrote:

You must cut your mp3 if you're using less than 80% of it. This doesn't count intro time, and thus only applies if more than 20% of the outro is unmapped.
You have to use 80% of the mp3 not counting the intro, which you are not. Trust me on this, I've recently asked Loctav for clarification on a different aspect of this rule, that's how it works.

Also, there's gonna be a Christmas-Queue as every year, so you won't have to worry about not finding anyone ^^
Topic Starter
riffy
I am fairly sure it is fine, since this stuff is mostly case-by-case thing, this one should slip through no problem.
sahuang
Uh, so if I have a 100 second long mp3, and I mapped 70s, leaving 10s intro and 20s outro, it's unrankable?

Last time I asked pishifat and he told me the <20% outro is the percentage of the whole MP3 rather than (length of mp3 - intro time).
pishifat
(i was wrong)
Bonsai
Nah, you weren't wrong, we had yet another discussion with Loctav and it turns out that the rule is just unnecessary ambigiously worded and actually as soon as you hit the 80%-mark (and mo3 didn't get edited to avoid this rule ofc) you're good to go, dunno why the rule doesn't simply say that but I'm gonna post about rewording it now that this happened lol

Sorry if I came across like an asshole here, that's simply how a lot of other BNs and me interpreted that rule and never were told that we were wrong xd
Topic Starter
riffy
I told you!

can we just yolo rebubble and rank right away
sahuang
Best news I've ever heard
Topic Starter
riffy
it's not ded, I just suck at finding nominators
Yuii-
I'm just waiting for Bonsai. I will qualify it after he rebubs
Topic Starter
riffy
Was he going to rebub? Initial bubble was Lust's and it was ages ago, he was also the one who popped it.
Bonsai
oh lol
well I didn't want to make any promises yet but yeah I'm gonna check this some day, I'm just really busy irl so idk when that'll happen
fergas
ранк ранк ранк
Topic Starter
riffy
i'm trying to make it happen
Bonsai
General
  1. Did your check your hitsounding yourself? Coming from the Normal, it seems pretty messy to me and definitely not intentional bc for example from 01:26:408 on you put Claps on every mapped snare there is, but didn't do that for the few beats before that which are in the same section and there are a lot of non-hitsounded snares in the very first section too, also Claps at weird places like 01:00:461 -.. and looking at the beginning of the highest diff it seems like that's a set-issue, so please check it yourself in all diffs again
  2. Kiais only exist in the hardest diff lel
  3. welp. you have a weird definition of trying ^^
Normal
  1. 01:14:331 (1) - 01:37:717 (1) - 02:24:498 (1) - superfluous NCs?
  2. 01:21:648 (1,2) - I lack rhythmic differentiation here, would recommend to make (1) into a 2/1-slider, I don't really see a reason for the rhythm density to increase there anyways
  3. 02:49:875 (4,1) - I didn't pay attention to any other blankets but this one is significantly off, in case it's intentional I'd recommend to properly blanket anyways bc after the nice blanket right before that it seems really unfitting to me
  4. 02:51:861 (1,2) - Just suggestions: Maybe use slightly lower SV for this slider since the song's much quieter here than anywhere else? And watcha think about stacking (2) on either tail or head, to further represent the 'stop' in the song? Would add more intensity than simply spacing it out like every other note imo
Hard
  1. 00:44:395 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - 00:48:024 (1,2,3,4) - Those first few combos are actually diffspikes when it comes to click-density lol, just saying bc it seems kinda inappropriate to have the highest click-density at this very regular section
  2. 00:53:507 (2,3) - This is insanely stupid to read, so far all 1/2s had consistent spacing and the following ones all have lower spacing than this one too, so I highly recommend to reduce this one to ~x1.6 too
    Also I'd lower 00:54:055 (4,5,6) to 1.6 too in order to keep it consistent with (3,4) and to avoid an unreasonable diffspike
  3. 01:00:823 (6,7,1) - Why isn't (7,1) x1,1 too?
  4. 01:02:278 (2) - Suggesting to make this be a 1/2-slider and part of the next combo bc I can't notice any difference in the vocal's or anything else's intensity between these combos and this way it would feel more natural (also suggesting to remove the NC if you do that)
  5. 01:07:003 (1,2) - Is the reason for this being less spaced than all the following 1/3s that you wanted to make it more ovbious that it's a different rhythm? If so, I'd recommend to use that following spacing but like this, this way it's still noticably different from the 1/2s but not inconsistent
  6. 01:14:331 (1,2,1) - I guess (2) is supposed to somehow form something pattern-ish with the previous objects but it's not noticable ingame at all since those objects are too far apart in the timeline so in the end it's just a spacing-spike that seems highly unreasonable, recommend to lower spacing to a more regular one
  7. 01:15:789 (1,2,3,4) - Why are you spacing (1,2,3) like 1/2 now, and why is (3,4) different
  8. 01:09:953 (1,2) - The way (2) blankets (1) could be much improved by making it more curved
  9. 01:11:407 (1) - Superfluous NC?
  10. 01:18:364 (2,3) - NGH, how about reversing that slider to avoid this unreasonable spacing that never occurs anywhere else in the diff again lol
  11. 01:21:297 (4,1) - This is the spacing you use for 2/1s insteaf of 1/1s xd
  12. 01:23:085 (1,2,1) - Just a matter of taste but imo this would have a nicer effect if you deleted (2), just a suggestion tho ^^
  13. 01:29:320 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - Would replace (1) with a circle so it doesn't seem like your slider-chains are completely random / rhythmical differentiation
  14. 01:38:330 (2,3) - Suddenly introducing clickable 1/3s at a seemingly random spot in the map and spacing them like 1/1-stacks does not seem like a good idea to me lol, would recommend to remove this one together with 02:24:406 (5,6) and 02:44:600 (3,4) -, only making three of those in a two-minute-song that basically has that rhythm everywhere is just unreasonably inconsistent
    I mean at least auto-stack them to make them different from 1/1s jeezus
  15. 01:55:256 (4,5) - wtf, why is this suddenly a perfect stack instead of the regular custom stack lol
Christmas
  1. best custom diffname I've ever seen tbh
    (please don't)
  2. 01:15:062 (3,4,5,6,7) - From what I've seen this seems like quite the diffspike, and the beat placement of the slider doesn't make any sense to me either, recommending to already use the slider at (6) and let it reverse once which fixes both of these issues for me
  3. 01:20:198 (3,4) - After the previous two sliders where the strong snares are always on slidertails it felt weird to me to suddenly make it a circle, how about letting (3) reverse for a second time? :^D
  4. 01:24:189 (6) - for differentiation purposes I'd recommend to just place a circle here, the overmapped slidertail doesn't fit here at all anyways imo
    And/or make it additionally similar to 02:04:743 (1) by forging 01:23:821 (4,5) into one slider
    (and maybe remove that NC there bc you never used NC to just highlight a single note anywhere else iirc)
  5. 01:41:609 (4,5) - I'm not a big fan of such a big spacing-inconsistency just for the sake of a pattern :(
  6. 02:41:411 (2,3) - ???
  7. 02:47:491 (2,3) - I don't really see a reason for that spacing-inconsistency
  8. edit: 02:17:189 - The green line not being snapped correctly seems like an accident, affecting the slider's SV
Topic Starter
riffy
Actual sane hitsounds for Insane, along with everything Insane-related being applied.

Didn't really add any kind of SV changes to Normal since this would be an overkill for the difficulty, in my opinion. And as for the stack, it'd feel fairly random since I don't stack anything else in the entire difficulty.

As for the Hard, I've basically went ahead and applied everything there, except for 01:15:789 (1,2,3,4) - where I still keep the spacing since I feel like it works with the part and is readable due to the length of sliders.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Side-note, I also copied kiais and re-hitsounded stuff along with fixing a ton of whistles.

edit: brought back a bunch of 1/2 to balance the spread a bit.
vipto
This is not a proper mod response.
Topic Starter
riffy
It actually is, as far as I can see. The only issue being the fact that I skipped quoting 96% of the mod with "yes" spammed to every suggestion.

In case something is unclear I can clarify that no problem, though things appear prety understandable in my judgement.
Bonsai
It is, so let's get rid of that old & ugly icon there, shall we? :^D

recheck along with some points that I forgot or didn't notice last time (sorry ^^;)
  1. General: The timing lines at 02:40:740 are conflicting in terms of KiaiTime
  2. General: I feel like switching the order of your combo colours around so that the current colour 1 isn't next to colour 2 would be nice since those two look very similar to me while the others are much more distinguishable
  3. Normal: Just to clarify my lower-SV-suggestion at 02:51:861 (1) -, I just meant a slight decrease to like x0.9 or smth like that, even the worst players wouldn't be thrown off by that since it's barely notciable but helps in providing or more fitting effect imo ^^ but ofc completely up to you, just wanted to clarify :D
  4. Hard: even if you keep the spacing like that at 01:15:789 (1,2,3) -, why is (3,4) smaller? the beat there seems just as intense as all the others, and it would be more 'clean' visually too
  5. Hard: 00:58:632 (2,3) - didn't notice this earlier but this is quite an extreme jump for this diff, even bigger than 01:15:425 (2,1) which I already asked you to lower, I totally understand why you wanna emphasize that beat but I just think it's too much, except for these two there's no other jump above x1.5 afaik :/
  6. Hard: one more additional thing, at 01:43:581 (3,4,5) I'd suggest spacing (3,4) with x1 too to make it more balanced visually (bc there's a followpoint appearing at 4,5 but not at 3,4) and also to make it more clear that that's 1/2 and not 1/3 since it looks like the 1/3s from the Kiai
  7. Insane: 01:44:317 (7,8) - I remember this being 1/2 and there are very clear 1/2s in the song too o:
  8. Insane: 01:29:199 (5,6,7) - suggesting to move (5,6) to the left so (6,7) has the same spacing like pmuch all other sliders around this nice
  9. Insane: 01:42:477 (2,4) - overlap seems unwanted :^)))
  10. Insane: 02:04:743 (1) - as mentioned before I'd remove this NC since the beat doesn't really stick out that much and you didn't use 1-object-NCs anywhere else (like 01:23:821 (4) -) either
    the one at 02:48:691 (1) definitely seems superfluous tho
  11. hitsounding: Finishes missing at 01:58:181 - and 01:58:918 - and 02:57:941 -?
    02:05:503 (1,2,3,4) - This combo seems very different to all others for no apparent reason, I guess that was one big, happy accident lol
    I feel like using Normal-Finishes at places like 00:43:671 - 00:55:344 - etc would be a nice addition but that's just me, rest seems fine :D
Topic Starter
riffy
Regarding the SV thing on Normal, I think you're right. Due to the variable BPM throughout the song it should be no issue for players to read just one more velocity change. Everything else except for normal-finishes was applied as well. I believe the whistles are loud enough and adding more loud stuff would feel a bit over the top.

I took the whistles out of the non-kiai parts, I mean the slider-whistles, of course. Kinda re-considered them once you pointed out that combo thing.
Bonsai
CAN I PLEASE STOP NOTICING STUFF

Hitsounding:
  1. 01:41:365 - superfluous Clap?
  2. 01:43:949 - shouldn't all white ticks have Whistles like at 01:03:007 -?
  3. 01:58:181 - superfluous Whistle here, and superfluous Finish at 01:58:918 - lol
  4. 02:05:503 - whole combo still seems super messy, along with 02:11:353 which at least needs a Whistle instead of a Clap at 02:12:083
  5. 02:49:875 - missing Clap?
  6. only in Hard: 00:44:757 (4) - missing Clap
  7. 01:21:648 - dunno if intentional, is this a Whistle instead of Finish on purpose? just to be sure ^^
  8. Hard & Insane: 01:34:062 - 01:35:521 - (01:35:399 (6) -) why are there Whistles here but nowhere else in this section lol
  9. Hard & Insane: missing WHislte at 01:48:680 -
  10. only Hard: not having any hitsound at 02:17:943 - feels a bit weird since it's the first note after the spinner, is there some hitsound that you could place there? idk which one tho :|
  11. only Hard: 02:54:920 (1) - this is the only sliderwhistle in the whole last section which makes it seem a bit random, would suggest to delete that one too tbh
  12. suggestion for Insane: Maybe have some hitsound at 01:24:189 (5) - ? idk
Insane:
  1. the blanket of 02:57:565 (6) - could be improved by moving the middle anchor one Grid to the left
  2. and actually you could blanket 02:57:941 (1) - too? just a suggestion tho ^^
  3. also 01:29:320 (6,7) - is now 2 pixels off vertically xd

TIMING (omg who did this >:v)):
  1. I feel like halving the BPM in all sections from 02:39:865 - on until 02:54:920 - would fit better as the snare-density halves n stuff, would need all green lines to be doubled obv
    it's not 100% necessary but JBHyperion feels like halving too, and we're going to advise to keep the timing according to the drums in the new timing-rules-draft too, so I'd highly recommend it now ^^
    sorry for not noticing that earlier xdxdxd
nominating is a happy thing..
Topic Starter
riffy
nominating is a happy thing..
Applied everything, discussed stuff via in-game PM as well.
Bonsai
Topic Starter
riffy
:c

I'll start asking around hoping someone kindly agrees to do some Christmas magic hearts.
Gero
~ Qualified ~
Bonsai
Topic Starter
riffy
As long as you can get it timed I'm in.

Thank you so much, everyone <3
Namki
урашечки, поздравляю!
Mao
Grats owo/
Kyouren