forum

Eye Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loves
I play in a lit room, screen is arms length away and I always have a bottle of water next to me.

My eyes are starting to painfully strain and dry out as soon as I play more than 10 minutes, in which i have to go wash my face or something.

This is making it really hard for me to even warm up, and I'm beginning to play less and less, thought I want to play more.

Does anyone have a remedy to stop this ? I promised Golden Wolf - Senpai that i'd make senpai proud :x

Thanks
Yakuyan
One thing that helped me with mild dry eye was turning down the brightness and contrast of my monitor.
Topic Starter
Loves

TheBurningFlame wrote:

One thing that helped me with mild dry eye was turning down the brightness and contrast of my monitor.
Contrast and everything is pretty balanced, it's just recently started happening (2 or so weeks). The feeling is like if someone blows dry hot air into your eyes for me now. The strain comes later.
GoldenWolf

Loves wrote:

Does anyone have a remedy to stop this ? I promised Golden Wolf - Senpai that i'd make senpai proud :x
lies
Rewben2
Even though screen brightness has been mentioned, consider downloading f.lux if you haven't already, it may just help.

I also imagine there's some sort of eye drop you can get but that's quite an extreme measure
Kert
Check if it's not too windy in your room
zqw_old
Try not washing your face, just stop playing for a minute and rest your eyes.
Bauxe
If it is really becoming an issue, remember that the osu! forums are not some kind of medical clinic. (hint hint)
silmarilen
keep your room moisturized.
in the end staring at a screen for long periods of time will always be bad for your eyes.
Icyteru
Quit for 7 months, come back better than ever
Oinari-sama
Remember to blink.

It's not a joke, this used to be a problem belonging to professionals only.
Topic Starter
Loves

Oinari-sama wrote:

Remember to blink.

It's not a joke, this used to be a problem belonging to professionals only.

The weird thing is even if I blink, my eyes still feel dry, its as if the insides of my eyelids are dry.
-Soba-
I feel like the bulk of the problem is that you're looking at things other than GoldenWolf. Your body is obviously rejecting such activities.
dung eater
Drink more water.
A1R
It's best to quit for a week or so if you were to continue this you might end up with permanent eye damage. By the way have you checked your eyes in the mirror? Maybe a popped vein or something is causing the irritation. As for the dry eyes if it also happens during the day i'd recommend some eyedrops.
zqw_old
Get a more kawaii avatar
Be sure you're getting enough sleep.
Amelia
You can go to a drug store or something and buy eyedrops, they aren't medicine.. just to lubricate because your eyes get too dry. I went to doctor because of this and he told me to get those and just pour them on my eyes whenever it bothers me and drink more water. That's pretty much everything he told me.. unless you have some other thing, you should go doctor anyway just to be sure.
Oinari-sama

Loves wrote:

The weird thing is even if I blink, my eyes still feel dry, its as if the insides of my eyelids are dry.
Your eyes may need extra help if over-strained already. Visit a licensed pharmacist first and see what they recommend.

But if it already feel as if your eyelids are made of sand papers, go see a doctor asap.
Aria Kanzaki
I've had the same experience few months ago. I took a few days break to give my eyes a chance to recover and played low AR with f.lux on. Just stop playing if your eyes are starting to hurt, since you wouldnt want to permantly damage your eyes.
Topic Starter
Loves

Aria Kanzaki wrote:

I've had the same experience few months ago. I took a few days break to give my eyes a chance to recover and played low AR with f.lux on. Just stop playing if your eyes are starting to hurt, since you wouldnt want to permantly damage your eyes.

I can't stop, I already quit for 7 months last year for finals, if I quit again then I might not come back~
GoldenWolf

Loves wrote:

I can't stop [...]if I quit again then I might not come back~
Your mind, you need to make it up ._.
Topic Starter
Loves

GoldenWolf wrote:

Loves wrote:

I can't stop [...]if I quit again then I might not come back~
Your mind, you need to make it up ._.

W-Wolf-Sama...
TrickMirror
Are you sleeping alright? I had similar problems that got solved by simply sleeping. Try getting a bit more sleep, see if it helps.
Purple
Use f.lux, lower screen brightness

Get an eye exam

Watch out for allergens like dust and pollen that may irritate your eyes

Most importanly, don't play if your eyes are bothering you. You'll play worse and it's simply not worth it. Taking breaks is not detrimental.
GoldenWolf

Purple wrote:

Use f.lux, lower screen brightness
I swear this helped me A LOT when I had dry eyes issues a few months back, never had them again since
GoldenWolf

41236 wrote:

Take a break, come back and beat GoldenWolf.
ಠ_ಠ
Woobowiz
My eyes just go cross eyed if I play for too long, I usually just squint all day (more than my eyes usually do) and after a trip to dreamland, I wake up with my eyes realigned. It's not healthy but meh.

In the case of eye irritation due to prolonged playing, either you're straining way too hard or you don't drink enough water.