forum

[duplicate] New search funcitons or the ability to hide unranked maps.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JSELENABELIEBER
After the ability to hide unranked maps was removed, sorting maps for mania players is truly a suffer. Many people like me have their library filled with unranked BMS converts, taking up 95% of the maps above 4 stars. If we want to play a ranked map, we have to scroll through a sea of unranked maps just to find one we can set a score on, while having no visual queue on what is ranked and what is not.

We can't group by "Ranked Status", because then our library gets filled with other mode specific maps. We can't group by "Ranked Status" and then enter "mania" or "7k" in the search field either, because a lot of standard maps have the same tags, and not all maps are labeled with those words, leaving many hidden.

Something as simple as adding the ability to put "mania=1" or "mode=mania" in the search field would solve everything. It's an easy fix to a serious design flaw. Please consider this!

Cparn.
Blaizer
cs=7 should also work for getting maps that are 7K, since the keycount for mania maps is represented as circle size. It's disabled for some reason, but it could be easily re-enabled. It could also be specified as something like kc=4 for "key count".

Another search function could be status=ranked. You could also do something like status>=qualified to get qualified or ranked maps. The order would be unknown/unsibmitted, pending, qualified, ranked.

mode=mania also sounds good.

Another thing I'd like is collection=collection name.

I'm sure there are more useful things too. Basically anything you can group by you should be able to search by.
deadbeat
you can already sort by mode using the left dropbox at the top of the screen
Oinari-sama
For Ranked/unranked filter support t/215521 instead.
Topic Starter
JSELENABELIEBER

deadbeat wrote:

you can already sort by mode using the left dropbox at the top of the screen
Read the post again. The problem lies in sorting out unwanted maps for mode specific players with a mixed song collection.

Oinari-sama wrote:

For Ranked/unranked filter support t/215521 instead.
Same main issue in both threads, two ways to go about solving. I don't think it's a good idea to merge these two threads, as the previous one has a different approach to solving it. And also doesn't emphasize how much of a problem it really is for mode specific players.
Oinari-sama
Nobody is merging the threads, feel free to post your alternatives in linked topics.

For very similar suggestions, it's better to discuss different possibilities in one place than opening a hundred similar threads. It not only divides potential star supports, but can be hard to read/search as well.