forum

Grant Bowtie - Cloud Nine

posted
Total Posts
show more
Okoratu

AlexaBM wrote:

There's a new rule:

It means that you have to leave at least 4 beats after the spinner. So, I suggest you to make this way.
did you even read that graven wrote: Insane and up: whatever, just saying so you don't unnecessarily remove spinners or shorten them to weird locations
AlexaBM

Okoratu wrote:

AlexaBM wrote:

There's a new rule:

It means that you have to leave at least 4 beats after the spinner. So, I suggest you to make this way.
did you even read that graven wrote: Insane and up: whatever, just saying so you don't unnecessarily remove spinners or shorten them to weird locations
>Insane and up
What are you speaking about? I'm talking about Easy diff, lol
Okoratu

AlexaBM wrote:

[Insane]
  1. Spinners' issue, you understand o3o
[Extra]
  1. Spinners' issue, you understand o3o
Good luck~
I read that as referring to this rule if it wasn't I might have misread it and would like to apologise lol
HML
I liked the old BG better
Topic Starter
just click

AlexaBM wrote:

hi~ from my queue
[Easy]
  1. 00:00:234 - Spinner should start here. If you listen closely on 25% speed, you'll see that the 1st beat is here. The spinner is going by the slowly building part, it would be weird to start it there in my opinion. Leaving it as it is for now.
  2. 00:15:141 (1) - This slider's shape isn't so cute, try this. I think this slider looks fine to me, I'll change it if it is really mentioned.
  3. 00:27:141 (1) - ^ or you can try this. Changed it to something like that.
  4. 00:17:391 (4,1,2,3,4) - Hey, I have a cool (imo, lol) variant for you! Part1 (this is not offscreen, don't worry), part2, part3. Does is look cool? I hope, yes /:D\ Changed it to what you did.
  5. 00:45:141 (1) - Delete New Combo (NC) here and add it here 00:48:141 (2) - I think something here got changed in a previous mod, so not sure what to do.
  6. 00:54:141 (1) - The shape could be a bit better. Move the white point after the red one at x:269 y:240 Fixed.
  7. 00:57:141 (1) - I'm almost sure this slider should end 00:57:891 - here Was probably a mistake I made doing a slider shape, fixed from a previous mod.
  8. 01:13:266 (1,1) - There's a new rule: Fixed.

9. 01:21:516 (2,3) - Blanket could be better. Wasn't meant to be a blanket but I changed it.
  10. 01:42:141 (1) - Start the slider using normal distance. Like this, for example. Not sure what you mean by a normal distance but I put the slider somewhere around there.
  11. 01:47:391 (3,1) - Hey hey! Another cool idea for you! Here's a code, just delete these objects before adding a code (if you have some questions about adding a code, feel free to ask me): Not sure how to use this code :o
    code
    420,216,107391,6,0,B|432:165|402:117|352:106|352:106|339:75|304:57,1,200
    268,140,108516,5,0,0:0:0:0:
  12. 01:48:891 (2,3,4) - It's the easiest diff. C'mon, let's make it easier! I think this is fine right now, I'll change it in the future if necessary.
  13. 02:00:141 (1) - End this spinner 02:06:141 - here because of the rule (delete that circle, of course). I shortened it instead of deleting the circle.
  14. 02:42:141 (1) - Make a normal distance here. I'm not sure what you mean by this, it looks fine to me.
  15. 03:18:328 - Instead of adding a break, add one spinner that begins here and ends here 03:30:141 - I'd prefer to leave it as it is, beginners will get tired of spinning too much and what I have fits the music more in my opinion.
[Normal]
  1. Check distance using AiMod, there are some issues. I'll fix these all.
  2. 00:00:328 (1) - Like in Easy diff. I'l leave it alone since what I have fits more in my opinion.
  3. 00:54:141 (1,2) - Spacing should be 1,0 instead of 1,1. Fix that! Fixed.
  4. 01:20:391 (4) - Move this reverse like this for better flow. Changed.
  5. 02:56:391 (3) - ^ http://puu.sh/de1pT/3ab9e3c0b0.jpg Fixed.
  6. 03:02:391 (4) - ^ http://puu.sh/de1rM/9a00704ce0.jpg Fixed.
  7. 02:24:141 (1,2) - What is with this spacing? You have to fix that! Fixed, didn't realize this.
  8. 02:37:641 (4,5) - ^ Fixed.
  9. 03:18:328 - Like in Easy diff.Prefer to leave it as is.
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:328 (1) - You know. Prefer to leave it as is.
  2. 03:18:328 - ^ ^^^
  3. 00:04:828 (1) - Move it closer to the center, it's too far and too hard not to fail that moment! Fixed.
  4. 00:54:141 (1,2) - (1) is with lower speed, you have to emphasize it with NC. It means, that the next objet needs to have NC too. Add NCs also in the same situations further. Fixed, is it only for this section or for the whole song?
[Insane]
  1. Spinners' issue, you understand o3o Are you talking about the spinner at the end and beginning? If so, I prefer to leave it as is.
  2. 00:41:766 - End this spinner here, please. Fixed.
  3. 00:54:141 (1) - As in the Hard diff. Fixed.
[Extra]
  1. Spinners' issue, you understand o3o If it's the spinner at the beginning and end, I prefer to leave it as is.
  2. 01:19:266 (1) - And slides' issue again. Fixed.
Good luck~
Thank you for your mod! It was very helpful!
Topic Starter
just click

Suzuki Izumo wrote:

I liked the old BG better
I wanted to keep it, but the picture size for it was unrankable and I wasn't able to find an appropriate size for it. Sorry about that!
Yauxo

Hi there, coming from your request in our/my Modding Queue. Be so kind to take some minutes (or seconds, lets be honest) to answer to my mods. Dont be a dick and just "lol didnt changed stuffs hurr durr" without an explanation. If I told you something that was against your map, tell me why. This way mapper and modder both gain something.

Unrankable
Suggestion
Rather important change
(copy paste end)

Heya, from my mod q. Sorry for being late, rl and m4m's had higher priority

[General]
■ You'll have to learn to use DS for higher diff maps.

[Extra]
■ AR 9 or max 9.2 should be enough.
■ Try to change >this< into >this< at any time. Let it flow /o/

■ 00:06:141 (1) - Curve the other way so that it's flowing intoo object after that?
■ 00:06:891 (3,4,5) - move just a little bit further away from the Slider.
■ 00:07:453 (7,1) - Blanket these?
■ 00:08:391 (4,5) - This jump is really awkward. Imagine a linked line from object to object and how the cursor moves/flows.
The triplet currently suggests that the next object is somewhere down and somewhere left of it(or rather: should, as it'd support the flow)

■ 00:10:453 (7,1) - Kinda the same thing. There is pretty much no flow with that movement of 1 and its combo. The new combo should start somewhere down and right of the Slider

■ 00:13:453 (7) - The transition from this one to the >next< object is good on this one. The problem here is that the transition from the object before that doesnt play good. You have a big jump onto that and you're instantly greeted with a forced flowbreak into the other direction again. Easy Sliderbreaks for players that can just so pass this. Find another solution for this one

■ 00:18:703 (2) - 240/32. Less awkward flow by weird back and forth jumping
■ 00:18:891 (3,4,5,6,7) - Also not the best idea (similar thing as all the things above), but we'll let it count.
■ 00:20:766 (6) - see below. Same flow thing

■ 00:21:891 (3,4,5) - Curve the other way so that people dont overshoot. Similar thing as 13:453
■ 00:25:266 (6,7) - Increase the spacing of these two. So far, the map is damn jumpy, having low spacing like this actually makes it feel like a counterintuitive anti-jump, especially since the player has to play this as a straight line from 5 to 6 to 7. Wouldnt be as big of a thing if it was zigzag'd
■ 00:27:141 (1) - ctrl+g for improved flow.
■ 00:26:204 (2,3,4) - ^
■ 00:27:891 (3,4,5) - uh, I really dislike the placing of these. They dont really add flow or anything the way theyre placed now.
■ 01:29:672 (4) - let it start on the white tick to be less confusing to play. While we're at it, there is a loud and important beat missed at 01:30:141 (6) - and probably at similar points as well
01:35:578 (1) - wrong timing/snapping. Additionally, 01:35:203 (1,2) - are ghostnotes. Remove them.
■ 02:06:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - There is NO way to read that these notes have different timing. The huge spacing makes this extremely overmapped as well. You'll surely have to remap this part.

Ah well, I'll keep it at that for this diff, as this goes on and on until the end. I could basically get the timings and copy paste the problems onto them, but I'll not do that. Your map has some serious problems and flaws in flow, forces weird movements on jumps, has inconsistent spacing (or better: doesnt have any spacing at all), uses weird patterns for jumps and lacks aesthetics.

I'd highly recommend you to revamp many parts of this diff that would meet the same problems as the few examples above (from the first 30 seconds, that is). Try also to use spacing on objects. This increases consistency and makes the map less random to play.

[Insane]
■ Well, this looks better than the Extra, at least. General advice here as well: Try to make jumps less random, use DS for some parts, try to improve the flow everywhere it's possible and dont use fullscreenjumps like 01:50:016 (4,5,6,7,8) - .
I cant really mod this as it all looks pretty random to me. I'd remap it (together with the Extra) to have some more enjoyable rhythm, patterns etc. in it, but that's none of my business. If you want to push this through, do so.

[Hard]
■ General for Hard: Use Distancesnap. Just use it. Dont put things further away than they need to be, especially if a similar part before that had different/less spacing. Make things more consistent. (If you use 1.0 DS, use 1.0 DS for everything, unless it needs to be somewhere different to add to a pattern. Stuff like http://puu.sh/dpFdg/bc9f8bf21a.jpg doesnt count as a pattern 00:14:016 (6,7,8) - )

■ 00:08:766 (7) - Curve the other way?
■ 00:18:703 (2,3,4,5) - respace them so that they have consistent spacing
■ 00:20:766 (1) - Give the big white tick a clickable object (remove repeat, please Circle)
■ 00:44:672 (7) - ctrl+g to make it easier. Also, make sure that things are evenly spaced in that part. For newer players, this will be really tricky, as Normals usually dont use 1/4 Sliders, so they might now know how to handle them
■ 00:53:391 (10) - Curve the other way to catch the players movement more
■ 02:13:641 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - Try not to use big spacings like this for more than 4 or so objects.

■ Yep. This diff needs alot of respacing everywhere, otherwise I dont see how this could get ranked. Try to bring in more flow in here as well as you respace things.

I'll keep it at that. The Extra and Hard should be your main focus for now, as they dont look rankable to me. Problems are pointed out in their box.
Gl with this~
neonat
Here's some feedback for your simpler difficulties, since you had some for Hard Insane and Extra up there already ^
Just cuz he said you need to rework your harder difficulties doesn't mean you pay less attention to the simpler ones~ I think there's quite some improvement needed for them as well

Easy

00:09:141 (1,2) - spacing discrepancy, the spacing here is wider than usual
00:17:391 (4) - clap on start of slider
00:20:391 (4) - ^
00:23:391 (4) - ^
00:27:141 (1,2) - spacing between them is 0.95x when the usual one used is 0.9x, so it's almost crossing the leeway of a bit of slight variation of spacing between objects, I also feel the blanket isn't really that perfect right now
01:02:391 (3,1) - are you trying to blanket the circle with the slider? It's not really at the correct position, if you shift around you can use the approach ring of the circle for reference, you will see this and know how much adjustment is needed:
01:13:266 (1) - end spinner at 01:17:297 with the music
01:28:266 (3) - eh, I know you're trying to spice up the sliders, but this one doesn't look too good, the bends aren't very defined and are blocked due to how short the middle section is, this part doesn't look good:
01:37:266 (3,4) - in Easy, I don't think you should have this kind of movement, slider 3 moves left and slightly up, then you have to go down and back behind the slider's end to the right to move to slider 4, which goes left as well, this kind of cutback is not really good flow, you should Ctrl + H 01:38:391 (4) and adjust the positioning to fit here once again, something like this:
01:47:391 (3) - the curve doesn't look good, it's not a smooth curve and is rather sharp and angular, try a shape like this, it looks more presentable imo:
02:09:141 (1,2) - at least make this spacing the same as 02:06:141 (1,2) which is around 0.4x, I know the time between them are large so you don't want to follow the constant 0.9x, but at least keep all these constant
02:10:641 (2,1,2,1,2) - same as ^
02:53:391 (4) - not really a nice shape to use
02:55:266 (3) - weird pattern with this slider, too many red nodes (fixed points) as well
03:04:266 (4) - the last bend isn't nice, you cannot see the turn in the slider itself
03:05:391 (5) - ^

Objects can be positioned better, the placements need work, the slider shapes need redesigning as well, the shapes right now can be really flawed in some sections, I mentioned some above

Normal

00:08:766 (5,1) - you need to be aware here also that such placement of these objects, though adhering to the constant spacing, they don't really look good as it is right now, that's because the circle is too close to the slider, on one side of it's bend. Adjusting it to look more like a pattern and that they are in relation to each other, will to you a lot of good, something like this:
00:17:766 (5) - honestly too curvy, the body gets cramp and small and doesn't look very pleasing
00:29:766 (7) - shift the point after the red node to make the curve clearer, even the slightest shift to enable the curve to be seen smoothly and not too angular it becomes sharp can make it look much better, make it look like this, you will then be able to see the slider sides even before the slider end head:
01:00:141 (1) - really it's about seeing the slider sides of the whole body that makes presentation better, if the portion of the slider that bends is too angular or too short, you can't see some parts of it, which isn't nice, you can see everything if made like this:
01:13:266 (1) - sound ends at 01:17:297 actually though
01:32:391 (4) - less curvature would look better
01:47:391 (5) - the last bend is too short, doesn't look good
02:26:391 (4,5,1) - this pattern doesn't fit well together, and doesn't move well either, rotating the slider and shifting it would be better:
03:04:266 (4) - this shape doesn't look good, the angle is just too acute
03:14:953 (5,1) - this isn't a nice pattern, first slider is too curved to make it look like they can relate to each other

Overall what I feel is this: the maps don't seem to fit each other like a whole pattern, the objects just don't seem to relate to each other. There is so much changing of shapes that it doesn't feel like they were made to complement each other, to fit each other, to form patterns with each other. It makes it look like it's just a variety of sliders placed together just to make a sequence of rhythm, in this sense, it's messy and not uniform. This would actually mean this makes the map look like they are just objects placed after one another, with no relation with each other, and it just follows a line made from the constant spacing; basically just having one object lead to another, right until the end of the song. What is needed is sequence of patterns, of shapes that make pattern. You have different combos, you can even try and segment each combo together, and try to make each one a pattern of their own, that suit each other. This would help with flow, which is not really quite there right now, as well as some sense of direction and purpose of the specific shapes, which is lacking right now. Too much changing of shapes may lead to the loss of reasoning, reason for all the different shapes. Players would be wondering why the shapes are all different, why it seems so random, why they look like sliders that don't relate to the former or latter sliders to come. The shapes need to look presentable and nice as well, some shapes just don't look nice, they might affect flow or just look amateurish.

Yeah I wrote too much, but I'm just trying to explain what is the issue and some suggestions as to how you can resolve them, good luck on this and remodel the simpler difficulties so that they are solid and structured.

Good Luck
Topic Starter
just click
Sorry for such an extremely late reply for your mod, I was very busy with school and other things and had not enough time to apply any mods on this thread. My apologies!

Yauxo wrote:

Hi there, coming from your request in our/my Modding Queue. Be so kind to take some minutes (or seconds, lets be honest) to answer to my mods. Dont be a dick and just "lol didnt changed stuffs hurr durr" without an explanation. If I told you something that was against your map, tell me why. This way mapper and modder both gain something.

Unrankable
Suggestion
Rather important change
(copy paste end)

Heya, from my mod q. Sorry for being late, rl and m4m's had higher priority

[General]
■ You'll have to learn to use DS for higher diff maps.
Yep, still learning mapping properly and I'll remember to use them for higher difficulties.

[Extra]
■ AR 9 or max 9.2 should be enough. Made it AR 9.2
■ Try to change >this< into >this< at any time. Let it flow /o/ Confused, I think you posted the same image twice?

■ 00:06:141 (1) - Curve the other way so that it's flowing intoo object after that? Done.
■ 00:06:891 (3,4,5) - move just a little bit further away from the Slider. Fixed.
■ 00:07:453 (7,1) - Blanket these? These look blanketed to me, unless you meant to make it neater.
■ 00:08:391 (4,5) - This jump is really awkward. Imagine a linked line from object to object and how the cursor moves/flows.
The triplet currently suggests that the next object is somewhere down and somewhere left of it(or rather: should, as it'd support the flow) Changed to what's in the picture.

■ 00:10:453 (7,1) - Kinda the same thing. There is pretty much no flow with that movement of 1 and its combo. The new combo should start somewhere down and right of the Slider Agreed, I remember that since this was the first difficulty of this map, I barely paid any attention to flow at all. I'll make sure everything plays much better in future maps however. Also changed to what is in the picture.

■ 00:13:453 (7) - The transition from this one to the >next< object is good on this one. The problem here is that the transition from the object before that doesnt play good. You have a big jump onto that and you're instantly greeted with a forced flowbreak into the other direction again. Easy Sliderbreaks for players that can just so pass this. Find another solution for this one Changed to what you have in the picture.

■ 00:18:703 (2) - 240/32. Less awkward flow by weird back and forth jumping Fixed.
■ 00:18:891 (3,4,5,6,7) - Also not the best idea (similar thing as all the things above), but we'll let it count. I changed these up a bit so it flows better.
■ 00:20:766 (6) - see below. Same flow thing Fixed.

■ 00:21:891 (3,4,5) - Curve the other way so that people dont overshoot. Similar thing as 13:453 Curved.
■ 00:25:266 (6,7) - Increase the spacing of these two. So far, the map is damn jumpy, having low spacing like this actually makes it feel like a counterintuitive anti-jump, especially since the player has to play this as a straight line from 5 to 6 to 7. Wouldnt be as big of a thing if it was zigzag'd Fixed.
■ 00:27:141 (1) - ctrl+g for improved flow. Fixed.
■ 00:26:204 (2,3,4) - ^ Fixed.
■ 00:27:891 (3,4,5) - uh, I really dislike the placing of these. They dont really add flow or anything the way theyre placed now. Agreed, the placement looks ugly to me as well. Moved it in a better place.
■ 01:29:672 (4) - let it start on the white tick to be less confusing to play. While we're at it, there is a loud and important beat missed at 01:30:141 (6) - and probably at similar points as well Fixed both of these.
01:35:578 (1) - wrong timing/snapping. Additionally, 01:35:203 (1,2) - are ghostnotes. Remove them. Fixed.
■ 02:06:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - There is NO way to read that these notes have different timing. The huge spacing makes this extremely overmapped as well. You'll surely have to remap this part. I've seen some people struggle with the this part, I changed the beats in this part that are fast with sliders and made the jumps increase from low to large jumps.

Ah well, I'll keep it at that for this diff, as this goes on and on until the end. I could basically get the timings and copy paste the problems onto them, but I'll not do that. Your map has some serious problems and flaws in flow, forces weird movements on jumps, has inconsistent spacing (or better: doesnt have any spacing at all), uses weird patterns for jumps and lacks aesthetics. I'll make sure to revamp any parts that don't flow that well at all likewise with more consistent DS, I didn't even use a DS since I rushed when I first made this :P

I'd highly recommend you to revamp many parts of this diff that would meet the same problems as the few examples above (from the first 30 seconds, that is). Try also to use spacing on objects. This increases consistency and makes the map less random to play.

[Insane]
■ Well, this looks better than the Extra, at least. General advice here as well: Try to make jumps less random, use DS for some parts, try to improve the flow everywhere it's possible and dont use fullscreenjumps like 01:50:016 (4,5,6,7,8) - .
I cant really mod this as it all looks pretty random to me. I'd remap it (together with the Extra) to have some more enjoyable rhythm, patterns etc. in it, but that's none of my business. If you want to push this through, do so.
I'll make sure to revamp anything needed here as well.

[Hard]
■ General for Hard: Use Distancesnap. Just use it. Dont put things further away than they need to be, especially if a similar part before that had different/less spacing. Make things more consistent. (If you use 1.0 DS, use 1.0 DS for everything, unless it needs to be somewhere different to add to a pattern. Stuff like http://puu.sh/dpFdg/bc9f8bf21a.jpg doesnt count as a pattern 00:14:016 (6,7,8) - ) I will make sure to apply DS as soon as possible for this difficulty.

■ 00:08:766 (7) - Curve the other way? Curved.
■ 00:18:703 (2,3,4,5) - respace them so that they have consistent spacing Respaced.
■ 00:20:766 (1) - Give the big white tick a clickable object (remove repeat, please Circle) Fixed.
■ 00:44:672 (7) - ctrl+g to make it easier. Also, make sure that things are evenly spaced in that part. For newer players, this will be really tricky, as Normals usually dont use 1/4 Sliders, so they might now know how to handle them I'll make sure to have these evenly spaced.
■ 00:53:391 (10) - Curve the other way to catch the players movement more Fixed.
■ 02:13:641 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - Try not to use big spacings like this for more than 4 or so objects. I'll try to revamp it so it is less jumpy once I add the proper DS.

■ Yep. This diff needs alot of respacing everywhere, otherwise I dont see how this could get ranked. Try to bring in more flow in here as well as you respace things.
Yep, it should be much better once the DS is consistent and flow is improved in various parts.

I'll keep it at that. The Extra and Hard should be your main focus for now, as they dont look rankable to me. Problems are pointed out in their box.
Gl with this~
Thank you for your mod! It was very helpful! Once again, my apologies for the extremely late reply.
Topic Starter
just click
Sorry for the late response, was busy with school and other things and didn't have much time to do any mods on this map.

[list=]

neonat wrote:

Here's some feedback for your simpler difficulties, since you had some for Hard Insane and Extra up there already ^
Just cuz he said you need to rework your harder difficulties doesn't mean you pay less attention to the simpler ones~ I think there's quite some improvement needed for them as well I'm sure I need to fix things in the Easy and Normal as well haha.

Easy

00:09:141 (1,2) - spacing discrepancy, the spacing here is wider than usual Didn't notice this, fixed.
00:17:391 (4) - clap on start of slider Added clap.
00:20:391 (4) - ^ Added clap.
00:23:391 (4) - ^ Added clap.
00:27:141 (1,2) - spacing between them is 0.95x when the usual one used is 0.9x, so it's almost crossing the leeway of a bit of slight variation of spacing between objects, I also feel the blanket isn't really that perfect right now Should be fixed now, also made the blanket hopefully neater, it's kind of hard to tell on this one.
01:02:391 (3,1) - are you trying to blanket the circle with the slider? It's not really at the correct position, if you shift around you can use the approach ring of the circle for reference, you will see this and know how much adjustment is needed: It should be blanketed better now.
01:13:266 (1) - end spinner at 01:17:297 with the music I'm leaving this the way it is because beginners need a lot of recovery time after a spinner, usually 4 beats is good enough.
01:28:266 (3) - eh, I know you're trying to spice up the sliders, but this one doesn't look too good, the bends aren't very defined and are blocked due to how short the middle section is, this part doesn't look good: Made it look better.
01:37:266 (3,4) - in Easy, I don't think you should have this kind of movement, slider 3 moves left and slightly up, then you have to go down and back behind the slider's end to the right to move to slider 4, which goes left as well, this kind of cutback is not really good flow, you should Ctrl + H 01:38:391 (4) and adjust the positioning to fit here once again, something like this: Made it something like you have in the picture.
01:47:391 (3) - the curve doesn't look good, it's not a smooth curve and is rather sharp and angular, try a shape like this, it looks more presentable imo: Made it the shape you suggested.
02:09:141 (1,2) - at least make this spacing the same as 02:06:141 (1,2) which is around 0.4x, I know the time between them are large so you don't want to follow the constant 0.9x, but at least keep all these constant Made the DS here 0.4x
02:10:641 (2,1,2,1,2) - same as ^ Fixed also.
02:53:391 (4) - not really a nice shape to use Made it look better I think.
02:55:266 (3) - weird pattern with this slider, too many red nodes (fixed points) as well Made a better shape using the excess red nodes.
03:04:266 (4) - the last bend isn't nice, you cannot see the turn in the slider itself Made it a better shape.
03:05:391 (5) - ^ Made better shape also.

Objects can be positioned better, the placements need work, the slider shapes need redesigning as well, the shapes right now can be really flawed in some sections, I mentioned some aboveI'll check out anything else that could look better as well.

Normal

00:08:766 (5,1) - you need to be aware here also that such placement of these objects, though adhering to the constant spacing, they don't really look good as it is right now, that's because the circle is too close to the slider, on one side of it's bend. Adjusting it to look more like a pattern and that they are in relation to each other, will to you a lot of good, something like this: Fixed.
00:17:766 (5) - honestly too curvy, the body gets cramp and small and doesn't look very pleasing Made it less curvy.
00:29:766 (7) - shift the point after the red node to make the curve clearer, even the slightest shift to enable the curve to be seen smoothly and not too angular it becomes sharp can make it look much better, make it look like this, you will then be able to see the slider sides even before the slider end head: Fixed.
01:00:141 (1) - really it's about seeing the slider sides of the whole body that makes presentation better, if the portion of the slider that bends is too angular or too short, you can't see some parts of it, which isn't nice, you can see everything if made like this: Fixed.
01:13:266 (1) - sound ends at 01:17:297 actually though I just feel like a spinner ending on a white tick feels better, I will change it if more people suggest it.
01:32:391 (4) - less curvature would look better Made it less curvy.
01:47:391 (5) - the last bend is too short, doesn't look good Fixed.
02:26:391 (4,5,1) - this pattern doesn't fit well together, and doesn't move well either, rotating the slider and shifting it would be better: Fixed.
03:04:266 (4) - this shape doesn't look good, the angle is just too acute Made it more like a right angle.
03:14:953 (5,1) - this isn't a nice pattern, first slider is too curved to make it look like they can relate to each other Made it better.

Overall what I feel is this: the maps don't seem to fit each other like a whole pattern, the objects just don't seem to relate to each other. There is so much changing of shapes that it doesn't feel like they were made to complement each other, to fit each other, to form patterns with each other. It makes it look like it's just a variety of sliders placed together just to make a sequence of rhythm, in this sense, it's messy and not uniform. This would actually mean this makes the map look like they are just objects placed after one another, with no relation with each other, and it just follows a line made from the constant spacing; basically just having one object lead to another, right until the end of the song. What is needed is sequence of patterns, of shapes that make pattern. You have different combos, you can even try and segment each combo together, and try to make each one a pattern of their own, that suit each other. This would help with flow, which is not really quite there right now, as well as some sense of direction and purpose of the specific shapes, which is lacking right now. Too much changing of shapes may lead to the loss of reasoning, reason for all the different shapes. Players would be wondering why the shapes are all different, why it seems so random, why they look like sliders that don't relate to the former or latter sliders to come. The shapes need to look presentable and nice as well, some shapes just don't look nice, they might affect flow or just look amateurish. Yep, I agree with you. A lot of it I honestly randomly placed since this is one of the first maps I have ever made so there are a lot of flow issues. I can't make slider shapes that well for some reason, no idea why haha. I'll hopefully improve every aspect of it to flow better and create better patterns as well.

Yeah I wrote too much, but I'm just trying to explain what is the issue and some suggestions as to how you can resolve them, good luck on this and remodel the simpler difficulties so that they are solid and structured. I think the main issue is flow and slider shapes, because a lot of stuff looks awkward when I look at it, most likely I need to re-place some objects so that they go together better.

Good Luck
[/list]

Thank you for your mod! It was very helpful and I will do my best to improve flow and object placement, along with better slider shapes.
FaiVillager
Hi~~~
for m4m~

[extra]
00:06:148 (1) - remove clap
00:08:210 (2,3,4) -

00:11:023 (1,2,3,4,5) -
x y
432 56
120 200
484 256
232 20
276 356
is it a better star?
00:23:023 (1,2) - a slider is better
00:29:773 (6) - remove clap on the end
00:37:648 (1) - why not stop here:00:41:960
01:05:679 (4,5,6) - looks a bit disturb..
01:28:085 (5,6,1) - make them on a same curve
01:53:398 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - hmm, make the curve using a same curvature
02:54:148 (1) - bad overlap
[insane]
00:06:148 (1) - blanket
00:10:460 (1) - unexpectable turn
00:18:148 (1) - blanket
00:22:460 (6) - turn at the middle of the slider
00:48:898 (6,7) - a different hitsound using here
00:52:179 (7) - ^
01:47:679 (3,4) - 1/4 silder begins at a blue line is not so nice
02:32:585 (5) - as an accent is here I don't prefer a slider ends here
02:56:023 (2,3,4,5,6) - could be more like a star
[hard]
be more patient on blanket will have a nice performance (each diff)
and better use same DS in most part of a hard diff
streams in hard better use DS at about 0.3~0.5
00:09:898 (3,4) - in same curve or make 3 straight
00:29:773 (8) - better turn at the first part of slider
02:55:085 (5,6,1) - in same curve
02:56:023 (2,3,4) - don't on a straight line according to your style
03:01:273 (1) - y76
[normal]
00:00:335 (1) - too long for normal
00:22:648 (3) -

00:28:460 (5) - curve
00:37:648 (1) - ^
01:13:273 (1) - ^ spinners same
01:13:273 (1,3) -

01:41:398 (5,6) - don't use a 1/2 slider for any 1/3 beat
02:27:148 (1,2) - use copy,and ctrl j for 2
03:04:273 (4) - curve
[easy]
better use DS at 1.0
00:00:335 (1) - too long for easy, spinners same
00:51:148 (1) - clap missing at the end
others is ok for me.

hope useful to you~
Topic Starter
just click

FaiVillager wrote:

Hi~~~
for m4m~

[extra]
00:06:148 (1) - remove clap Done.
00:08:210 (2,3,4) - Curved these triplets more.

00:11:023 (1,2,3,4,5) - Looks much better now!
x y
432 56
120 200
484 256
232 20
276 356
is it a better star?
00:23:023 (1,2) - a slider is better Added.
00:29:773 (6) - remove clap on the end Done.
00:37:648 (1) - why not stop here:00:41:960 I think I did this to make the spinner more quiet, but I ended it where you suggested.
01:05:679 (4,5,6) - looks a bit disturb.. I don't know what you mean by disturbing, but I while I was here I improved the shape of these I guess.
01:28:085 (5,6,1) - make them on a same curve Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean like so that the notes look curved more evenly?
01:53:398 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - hmm, make the curve using a same curvature I'm not sure what you mean by this, it looks fine to me as it is unless you suggest where to place the circles to be at, which can be helpful.
02:54:148 (1) - bad overlap So basically stack this properly? If so, then I fixed this.
[insane]
00:06:148 (1) - blanket This blanket looks fine to me?
00:10:460 (1) - unexpectable turn What do you mean by unexpectable? There is a slider right before this similar to this one and it doesn't really look confusing to me
00:18:148 (1) - blanket This blanket doesn't really look wrong to me.
00:22:460 (6) - turn at the middle of the slider Done.
00:48:898 (6,7) - a different hitsound using here Fixed.
00:52:179 (7) - ^ Fixed.
01:47:679 (3,4) - 1/4 silder begins at a blue line is not so nice Improved this part.
02:32:585 (5) - as an accent is here I don't prefer a slider ends here I'm not sure what you mean here about an accent?
02:56:023 (2,3,4,5,6) - could be more like a star I'm bad at making stars, but I think I improved the shape a little.
[hard]
be more patient on blanket will have a nice performance (each diff)
and better use same DS in most part of a hard diff
streams in hard better use DS at about 0.3~0.5 I will probably stack any stream parts when I have more available time to do so since I have to readjust the whole map again to do so because of DS.
00:09:898 (3,4) - in same curve or make 3 straight I think I made it to what you meant.
00:29:773 (8) - better turn at the first part of slider Fixed I think.
02:55:085 (5,6,1) - in same curve I think it's better now.
02:56:023 (2,3,4) - don't on a straight line according to your style So like the jagged pattern that I had before? Added this.
03:01:273 (1) - y76 Fixed.
[normal]
00:00:335 (1) - too long for normal I think 2 beats is what Normal should have for spinner recovery time. Left this alone.
00:22:648 (3) - Instead of doing that, I mirrored the sliders.

00:28:460 (5) - curve Curved it a little.
00:37:648 (1) - ^
01:13:273 (1) - ^ spinners same I thought it was the 2 beats for recovery time, left this alone unless others mention otherwise what it should be.
01:13:273 (1,3) - Made it that shape.

01:41:398 (5,6) - don't use a 1/2 slider for any 1/3 beat I don't know what else I could do for this. Can you suggest anything that would work better for Normal?
02:27:148 (1,2) - use copy,and ctrl j for 2 Fixed.
03:04:273 (4) - curve Made it curve something similar to what you suggested previously to fit the style.
[easy]
better use DS at 1.0 Will use 1.0x DS once I have more available time to add this since I have to adjust the whole map again.
00:00:335 (1) - too long for easy, spinners same I think Easy needs a measure of 4 beats after spinners before the next note I think?
00:51:148 (1) - clap missing at the end Fixed.
others is ok for me.

hope useful to you~
Thanks for your mod! It was very helpful since I recently revamped some of the difficulties!
Ciyus Miapah
sab sab sab sab sab

Edit: down here :3

Extra:
pp maps detected

03:06:148 - you need to remap the last part. please, i think you just randomly use doublets there or i think you copy paste previous part :/
00:29:773 (6) - ctrl+g pls, and move this slider (x176y248). or maybe reform your slider shape, looks too much waypoints there (optional)
00:57:148 (6) - need NC like 00:54:148 (1) - and 01:00:148 (1) -
01:00:898 (1,3) - clap in 1, hitsound consistency
01:06:054 (6) - for what clap in slider end?
01:13:273 (1) - spinner end in 01:17:773 -
01:29:679 (2) - i prefer to delete this notes (add slider arrow), and i think better to move 01:29:773 (3,4,5,6,7) - or just keep it
01:35:398 (1,2,3,1) - try that http://puu.sh/eUcaB/18ce980733.jpg
01:41:398 (1) - i prefer make this sliders like http://puu.sh/eUceD/b7f1331a17.jpg
overall you just do some NC in red tick or non Big beat thing, and you just make it into slider ends, which it's very aaaaaaaaaaaa (cant say anything)

02:16:835 (4,5) - i prefer make some polarisation in here http://puu.sh/eUcy7/a6897b1e8e.jpg
02:59:398 (10,11,1) - just follow my suggestion before

Insane:
- same like Extra, you need to remap last part.
- looks like patterning in insane same like Extra, maybe you can check some part you do in Insane diff

01:01:648 (5,7) - clap in 5 pls
01:23:679 (5,6) - move this sliders to 01:23:773 - (and do some remapping there)
01:29:398 (4) - kek
01:47:491 (1,2,3) - wat da fuk, you just do jumpstream in insane diff? are you Crazy?! >:(

i will recheck later, just improve some patterning in last part. PM in-game me if you dont with it. bye~
guineaQ
Fire support request from Fort :S

Giving out some additional thoughts on Insane diff only

NO KDS

Insane

[Before we start]
So one thing that all of us, modders and you, the mapper can agree with is the SHEER REPETITIVENESS of the song itself makes it challenging to avoid using repetitive rhythm over and over and over again. Or make the map itself fun while using same rhythm over and over.

[Intro : 00:04:835 - to 00:30:148 - ]
  1. 00:05:210 (4) - I personally think it would be much better to have a circle to a slider art/long slider instead of a single slider here ESPECIALLY SINCE the slider end is a finish. I would try something like this
    SPOILER
    The rhythm

Example of what I would do without changing surrounding notes
  2. 00:06:148 (1) - b-b-blanket
  3. 00:06:148 (1,2) - Why are these next to each when the music can clearly support a jump o_o?
    SPOILER

from 2, arrange the notes in counter clockwise direction
  4. 00:07:460 (6,1) - hmmkay i guess you can stack well I wouldn't
  5. 00:12:710 (2,4) - would increase distance on these
  6. 00:17:398 (3,4,5,6,1) - this works too o_o
  7. 00:20:585 (4,5,6) - imo I think the jump from 4 to 5 should be biggest not 5 to 6
  8. 00:29:773 (5) - SV slowdown plss
next part is *ok* for me
[The kiai]
Personally I don't feel anything that makes this kiai a..kiai. The music is louder but I don't really feel that much bump in difficulty
01:35:585 (6) - you can easily change stuffs like these into 1/4 slider stream :S
01:41:398 (1) - you will have to keep this cus this rhythm is tricky as fack

[the next partu]
02:06:148 (1,2,3) - I would make these into 3/4 reverse slider and then continue to give hint to players that this part is full of 3/4 gaps.
02:17:398 (1,2,3,4) - I was most disappointed at this. I at least expected some significant change in spacing in triplets, and the next part to be circles instead of another 1/2 slider. The music was clearly different there and I got the same pattern again.

[the last part]
the music itself is quite confusing there :S
I had hard time trying to figure out which rhythm to tap to for a while o_o until I just bursted my way through it

Heck I'm not even good at modding this kind of things. Maybe you can poke me through IRC and we can talk through this in more depth.
Topic Starter
just click

Fort wrote:

sab sab sab sab sab

Edit: down here :3

Extra:
pp maps detected

03:06:148 - you need to remap the last part. please, i think you just randomly use doublets there or i think you copy paste previous part :/ I might remap it, but I'm not sure what to then map for this part xd
00:29:773 (6) - ctrl+g pls, and move this slider (x176y248). or maybe reform your slider shape, looks too much waypoints there (optional) Fixed.
00:57:148 (6) - need NC like 00:54:148 (1) - and 01:00:148 (1) - Fixed.
01:00:898 (1,3) - clap in 1, hitsound consistency Fixed.
01:06:054 (6) - for what clap in slider end? Removed the clap.
01:13:273 (1) - spinner end in 01:17:773 - Fixed.
01:29:679 (2) - i prefer to delete this notes (add slider arrow), and i think better to move 01:29:773 (3,4,5,6,7) - or just keep it I think this part is fine currently, I will change this if others suggest me to change it.
01:35:398 (1,2,3,1) - try that http://puu.sh/eUcaB/18ce980733.jpg I'd prefer to keep this for now since the other difficulties have this as well, just for consistency.
01:41:398 (1) - i prefer make this sliders like http://puu.sh/eUceD/b7f1331a17.jpg Changed it to what you suggested.
overall you just do some NC in red tick or non Big beat thing, and you just make it into slider ends, which it's very aaaaaaaaaaaa (cant say anything)

02:16:835 (4,5) - i prefer make some polarisation in here http://puu.sh/eUcy7/a6897b1e8e.jpg Changed to what you suggested.
02:59:398 (10,11,1) - just follow my suggestion before As in the previous one, I think it's fine the way it is. Will change if others suggest me to change it.

Insane:
- same like Extra, you need to remap last part. Will do once I figure out what I can do here.
- looks like patterning in insane same like Extra, maybe you can check some part you do in Insane diff It's kind of meant to be similar, I can see if I can change anything so that it is more different.

01:01:648 (5,7) - clap in 5 pls Fixed.
01:23:679 (5,6) - move this sliders to 01:23:773 - (and do some remapping there) Changed this part up
01:29:398 (4) - kek what are you suggesting here lol
01:47:491 (1,2,3) - wat da fuk, you just do jumpstream in insane diff? are you Crazy?! >:( I don't see much wrong with it, i see insanes use some as well and it fits well for this part of the song xd I will change it if others think it's necessary.

i will recheck later, just improve some patterning in last part. PM in-game me if you dont with it. bye~
Topic Starter
just click

guineaQ wrote:

Fire support request from Fort :S

Giving out some additional thoughts on Insane diff only

NO KDS

Insane

[Before we start]
So one thing that all of us, modders and you, the mapper can agree with is the SHEER REPETITIVENESS of the song itself makes it challenging to avoid using repetitive rhythm over and over and over again. Or make the map itself fun while using same rhythm over and over. I'm bad at patterns so it's kind of hard for me lol.

[Intro : 00:04:835 - to 00:30:148 - ]
  1. 00:05:210 (4) - I personally think it would be much better to have a circle to a slider art/long slider instead of a single slider here ESPECIALLY SINCE the slider end is a finish. I would try something like this Made it to what you suggested.
    SPOILER
    The rhythm

Example of what I would do without changing surrounding notes
  2. 00:06:148 (1) - b-b-blanket I thought this was already blanketed? confused lol, it
  3. 00:06:148 (1,2) - Why are these next to each when the music can clearly support a jump o_o? You're right, I did what you did but instead I just exchanged note placement with (2) and (3).
    SPOILER

from 2, arrange the notes in counter clockwise direction
  4. 00:07:460 (6,1) - hmmkay i guess you can stack well I wouldn't I think it's fine the way it's stacked right now.
  5. 00:12:710 (2,4) - would increase distance on these Made it more jump here.
  6. 00:17:398 (3,4,5,6,1) - this works too o_o Yeah it does, changed to what you suggested.
  7. 00:20:585 (4,5,6) - imo I think the jump from 4 to 5 should be biggest not 5 to 6 Made like a triangle jump pattern with this.
  8. 00:29:773 (5) - SV slowdown plss Eh, it feels fine how it is to me right now. I don't think a SV slowdown is needed here.
next part is *ok* for me
[The kiai]
Personally I don't feel anything that makes this kiai a..kiai. The music is louder but I don't really feel that much bump in difficulty Well, this is technically the main part of the song so Kiai should go here. I can make it a bit more difficult here when I improve this difficulty some more.
01:35:585 (6) - you can easily change stuffs like these into 1/4 slider stream :S That's an interesting idea. I'll think about it.
01:41:398 (1) - you will have to keep this cus this rhythm is tricky as fack Never wanted to really change this xd it's a little bit different here on the Extra though.

[the next partu]
02:06:148 (1,2,3) - I would make these into 3/4 reverse slider and then continue to give hint to players that this part is full of 3/4 gaps. I'll think of adding this as well.
02:17:398 (1,2,3,4) - I was most disappointed at this. I at least expected some significant change in spacing in triplets, and the next part to be circles instead of another 1/2 slider. The music was clearly different there and I got the same pattern again. On like this bell part, do you want me to just increase the triplet spacing here then or how do you suggest I improve it?

[the last part]
the music itself is quite confusing there :S
I had hard time trying to figure out which rhythm to tap to for a while o_o until I just bursted my way through it This part has a mixed amount of people able to play it. I've seen some people play this part normally and some struggle at it, I'm thinking of changing this but I'm not sure what to change this to.

Heck I'm not even good at modding this kind of things. Maybe you can poke me through IRC and we can talk through this in more depth.
Ciyus Miapah

Breezy wrote:

01:47:491 (1,2,3) - wat da fuk, you just do jumpstream in insane diff? are you Crazy?! >:( I don't see much wrong with it, i see insanes use some as well and it fits well for this part of the song xd I will change it if others think it's necessary.
im forget to bold this thing, cuz this pattern is didnt seeing in Extra diff ._. maybe use that pattern for Extra diff

dont kd pls

edit: this one is monstercat release i think, so add monstercat release as tag :3
Topic Starter
just click

Fort wrote:

Breezy wrote:

im forget to bold this thing, cuz this pattern is didnt seeing in Extra diff ._. maybe use that pattern for Extra diff

dont kd pls

edit: this one is monstercat release i think, so add monstercat release as tag :3
Makes sense now. I will add these to the Extra as well.
Nathan
After looking at this map for like 45~ mins imo I don't see much change needed >.>

[Extra]
  1. 02:49:273 (7) - NC with sv change + consistency
  2. 02:58:273 (7) - ^
I don't consider this a mod so no need for kds, since you requested from my queue I'll just give stars
Topic Starter
just click

sukiNathan wrote:

After looking at this map for like 45~ mins imo I don't see much change needed >.>

[Extra]
  1. 02:49:273 (7) - NC with sv change + consistency
  2. 02:58:273 (7) - ^
I don't consider this a mod so no need for kds, since you requested from my queue I'll just give stars
Thanks for the stars! I fixed the NC's for the consistency as you mentioned.
Eni
Yo, re-check as requested.

[Easy]
  1. 01:05:773 (4) - Try Ctrl+> + Ctrl+G for directional flow (not sure how to explain this, maybe a screenshot will help).

~
  2. Nothing particularly unrankable but you may want to lower the curve on sliders with 2 or more red vertices. Example: 02:52:273 (3) -
[Normal]
  1. 01:19:273 (3) - Unrankable, should be snapped to the 1/2.
  2. 01:24:523 (2,3) - Avoid using 1/2 here. I personally find it somewhat weird? to play because the other patterns use 1/1 e.g: 01:27:898 (2,3) -.
  3. 01:44:398 (5) - x:336 y:288 to reflect properly over the Y-axis.
[Hard]
  1. 00:04:835 (1) - 1/2 after a Spinner in Hard may not be rankable due to a new spinner rule. The other spinners, however, should be fine since the wait is a full 1/1.
  2. 00:19:460 (6,7) - Try making this symmetrical over the Y-axis.
  3. 00:52:648 (5,6,7) - I don't think the triplet here fits the song. Try a 1/4 repeat slider instead.
  4. Try changing the Circle Size to 3.7 or 3.6. 4 feels much too high for the mapping style.
  5. 02:18:148 - to 02:40:648 - Try removing some of the 1/4s here? Example: 02:33:898 (4,5,6,2,3,4) - I don't think the 1/4s here fit.
  6. 02:43:273 - Shouldn't there be a 3/2 slow-down slider here instead? It will help to stay consistent.
  7. 02:52:273 (1,2) - Here's a similar pattern that you can try making symmetrical over the Y-axis.
  8. 03:17:960 (7,8,9) - Use a 1/4 repeat here instead. It is too easy to 1x100 at the ending triplet.
[Insane]
  1. 01:23:773 (6,7) - Remove Circle 7 and change Slider 6 to a Repeat Slider.
  2. 01:44:960 (8,9) - Same as mentioned above, you should not place this Circle directly after the 1/4 wait of the previous 1/4 Slider. For comparison, a pattern like 03:09:616 (6,7,8) - is ok because there are 2 circles after the 1/4 slider to "balance" the offset.
  3. 02:06:148 - to 02:17:210 - This feels almost exactly like Hard, only with bigger jumps. I suggest that you try something else to make Insane more unique.
[Extra]
  1. I can't play this difficulty normally but it is rather fun with EZ!
  2. 00:42:148 - to 00:52:648 - The same pattern is repeated over and over and over. Try mixing up patterns instead like 1/4 circles followed by 1/4 sliders.
  3. 01:05:679 (4,5,6) - I think that you can improve this pattern. I found the transition from high to low to high to be too great. Try using more horizontal space like so.

~
  4. 01:23:773 (4,5) - Same as mentioned in Insane, but I guess it's considered rankable for Extra. Change it if you think you can make it play better.
  5. 01:42:523 (5) - Try a New Combo here. If you like the New Combo here, then add it in the Insane as well.
  6. 02:06:148 - to 02:40:648 - It feels almost exactly like Insane. I strongly suggest that you use different patterns during this part to emphasize the fact that this diff is a special diff (Extra)!
  7. 02:47:398 (4,5,6) - Try making the Distance Spacing the same here.
  8. 03:06:335 - The outro can be improved with more diverse Sliders. It feels like a flood of Circles to me, which is not necessarily a good thing.
No kudosu
Good luck! :)
Echoy
Hi, from your M4M queue.
Good music and fun to play, not much to say :3

Extra
01:21:148 (5) - Got confused about this long slider while other long ones are all low SV
02:43:273 (7,1) - Confusing;(
02:59:585 (1) - Rotate it to make it more clear?

Insane
00:48:991 (7) - remove the clap?
01:41:398 (1) - I think it wouls be better if split it into two repeat sliders and one note.
01:47:210 (10,1,2,3,4) - kind of confusing distance arrangement.
01:54:148 (12) - add finish instead of clap?
02:06:148 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - This part is amazing! Good job!

Good luck~ hope you'll rank it soon~
Topic Starter
just click

Project Railgun wrote:

Yo, re-check as requested.

[Easy]
  1. 01:05:773 (4) - Try Ctrl+> + Ctrl+G for directional flow (not sure how to explain this, maybe a screenshot will help). I see what you mean with this, changed to what you suggested.

~
  2. Nothing particularly unrankable but you may want to lower the curve on sliders with 2 or more red vertices. Example: 02:52:273 (3) - I'll keep this for now, but if someone else mentions to me about this I will reduce the curve.
[Normal]
  1. 01:19:273 (3) - Unrankable, should be snapped to the 1/2. I think I was adjusting this slider in the past and didn't notice that the length of this slider in play decreased, fixed this.
  2. 01:24:523 (2,3) - Avoid using 1/2 here. I personally find it somewhat weird? to play because the other patterns use 1/1 e.g: 01:27:898 (2,3) -. I understand what you mean with this, I added this because I wanted to change up some things so it didn't seem repetitive. If others mention about this being an issue, I will change it, but for now, I left this alone.
  3. 01:44:398 (5) - x:336 y:288 to reflect properly over the Y-axis. Fixed.
[Hard]
  1. 00:04:835 (1) - 1/2 after a Spinner in Hard may not be rankable due to a new spinner rule. The other spinners, however, should be fine since the wait is a full 1/1. Fixed this.
  2. 00:19:460 (6,7) - Try making this symmetrical over the Y-axis. Should be better now.
  3. 00:52:648 (5,6,7) - I don't think the triplet here fits the song. Try a 1/4 repeat slider instead. Yeah, this part felt strange to me as well with the triplet. Changed it to the 1/4 reverse slider and it plays much better now.
  4. Try changing the Circle Size to 3.7 or 3.6. 4 feels much too high for the mapping style. Made it 3.5
  5. 02:18:148 - to 02:40:648 - Try removing some of the 1/4s here? Example: 02:33:898 (4,5,6,2,3,4) - I don't think the 1/4s here fit. I only removed one of the 1/4's in this section, which was the (2,3,4) in the example you mentioned.
  6. 02:43:273 - Shouldn't there be a 3/2 slow-down slider here instead? It will help to stay consistent. I disagree with a slow-down slider here, because the sliders here follow a different part of the music here, which fits in better to me instead of a slower slider.
  7. 02:52:273 (1,2) - Here's a similar pattern that you can try making symmetrical over the Y-axis. Meh, I prefer to leave this one the way it is because then the (5) right before the (1) you mentioned wouldn't stack properly with another note from before. It would force me to re-adjust other notes to keep up with the DS consistency for this.
  8. 03:17:960 (7,8,9) - Use a 1/4 repeat here instead. It is too easy to 1x100 at the ending triplet. Agreed with your input on this, changed it to the 1/4 repeat slider as suggested.
[Insane]
  1. 01:23:773 (6,7) - Remove Circle 7 and change Slider 6 to a Repeat Slider. Changed.
  2. 01:44:960 (8,9) - Same as mentioned above, you should not place this Circle directly after the 1/4 wait of the previous 1/4 Slider. For comparison, a pattern like 03:09:616 (6,7,8) - is ok because there are 2 circles after the 1/4 slider to "balance" the offset. Changed this as well.
  3. 02:06:148 - to 02:17:210 - This feels almost exactly like Hard, only with bigger jumps. I suggest that you try something else to make Insane more unique. Revamped the look of this to make it a little more unique.
[Extra]
  1. I can't play this difficulty normally but it is rather fun with EZ!
  2. 00:42:148 - to 00:52:648 - The same pattern is repeated over and over and over. Try mixing up patterns instead like 1/4 circles followed by 1/4 sliders. Yeah, I agree that it seems repetitive. I changed some things up a bit here and probably will change some stuff a bit up here in the future.
  3. 01:05:679 (4,5,6) - I think that you can improve this pattern. I found the transition from high to low to high to be too great. Try using more horizontal space like so. Made it something like you suggested in the picture.

~
  4. 01:23:773 (4,5) - Same as mentioned in Insane, but I guess it's considered rankable for Extra. Change it if you think you can make it play better. I will leave this alone for now since it's Extra, if anyone else thinks I should change it, then I will change it to how you suggested it to be in the Insane.
  5. 01:42:523 (5) - Try a New Combo here. If you like the New Combo here, then add it in the Insane as well. Added to both difficulties.
  6. 02:06:148 - to 02:40:648 - It feels almost exactly like Insane. I strongly suggest that you use different patterns during this part to emphasize the fact that this diff is a special diff (Extra)! For this part, I changed up only the section that you mentioned like in the Insane, the rest of the section in the Extra for this part seems fine to me, but I will probably add some more patterns in the future if needed.
  7. 02:47:398 (4,5,6) - Try making the Distance Spacing the same here.Changed how this plays a bit, but I made it a bit more even.
  8. 03:06:335 - The outro can be improved with more diverse Sliders. It feels like a flood of Circles to me, which is not necessarily a good thing. From all the mods I received, this part in the song is the most heavily mentioned, I honestly just don't know how else to map this part of the song, it would be very helpful if you could possibly give some suggestions as to how this can be improved, it would be helpful!
No kudosu
Good luck! :)
Sorry that I took such a long time to apply your mod, didn't have much time to edit my map recently!

Thank you for your re-check! It helped out a lot!

I think you deserve Kudosu for this since it helped out greatly, so I'm giving you one even though you don't want any :P
Topic Starter
just click

Echoy wrote:

Hi, from your M4M queue.
Good music and fun to play, not much to say :3

Extra
01:21:148 (5) - Got confused about this long slider while other long ones are all low SV You're right, it looks out of place. Changed this.
02:43:273 (7,1) - Confusing;( Can you specify what seemed confusing to you? It seems fine to me, so I left this alone.
02:59:585 (1) - Rotate it to make it more clear? Fixed.

Insane
00:48:991 (7) - remove the clap? Removed clap.
01:41:398 (1) - I think it wouls be better if split it into two repeat sliders and one note. I did this in the Extra, I think it's fine as it is in the Insane.
01:47:210 (10,1,2,3,4) - kind of confusing distance arrangement. Yeah, this part was odd to me as well, changed it.
01:54:148 (12) - add finish instead of clap? Added finish.
02:06:148 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - This part is amazing! Good job! Thanks, but I revamped this part now because it's too similar to the other difficulties :P

Good luck~ hope you'll rank it soon~
Thanks for your mod! It was helpful and fixed some things that I didn't notice!
-Visceral-
MOD FINISHED!

Hi :)

[Extra]
00:04:835 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern flows weird. Something similar to http://puu.sh/fQypD/9d1e36ddbe.png would fit nicely.
00:12:710 (2,7) - Bad overlap
00:20:210 (2,6) - Blankey-poo
00:20:210 (2,1) - Bad overlap. Blanket slider with (2) - (4)
00:25:460 (7,1) - Q both of these
00:29:023 (2,3,4,5,6) - Awkward flow. Consider playing around with this section a bit.
00:59:773 (5,6,1) - Sloppy pattern
01:05:398 Change this pattern to this http://puu.sh/fQzrX/c3d5ce0b19.png
01:19:273 (1) - Curve more
01:41:773 (2,1) - Bad overlap
01:53:398 (4) - NC
01:54:148 (12) - NC
02:06:710 (3,2) - Bad overlap
02:07:273 (1,2) - Press Q. This goes for all of the upcoming patterns that are like this.
02:20:398 (6,4) - Bad stack
02:30:148 (1,2,3) - Check hitsounds
02:35:585 (3,1) - Bad stack
02:46:273 (1,3) - ^
02:54:710 (3,1) - ^
03:00:523 (3,2) - ^
02:58:085 (5,6,1) - Curve the 2 notes before the slider more
03:09:710 (6,1) - Bad stack
03:14:398 (3,1,2,3,5,7) - Clean this up a bit. Make the 3 fit nicely into the middle there
03:24:148 (1) - This slider comes in so late. Kind of awkward

[Insane]
03:00:710 (4) - Not snapped!
00:11:210 (3,1,5) - Bad stacks
00:12:710 (2,6) - Try to not overlap these
00:16:460 (6,1) - Better blanket perhaps?
00:45:898 (6,7) - Keep parallel or at least slightly
00:54:148 (1,1,2,3) - Blanket
01:06:148 (1) - Move close to x:356, y:224
01:20:960 (8) - Don't ever end a slider on a large white tick like this. Maybe change to 2 notes instead
01:33:523 (3,4,5) - Blanket
01:33:335 (2,3) - Stack
01:38:960 (1) - Don't ever end a slider on a large white tick like this
01:47:210 (10,1,2,3) - Make (10) one circle and begin the short sliders where (10) once ended
02:10:273 (5) - ctrl + g
02:10:273 (5,2) - Weird - looking stack / overlap
02:20:585 (6,7) - Make note before the slider in the rhythm. Consider changing locations as well
02:32:585 (5,6) - ^
02:30:898 (4,1) - Stack better
02:53:398 (4,5,6,7,8) - Bad rhythm here. Consider this instead http://puu.sh/g1nOa/7da2803256.png

[Hard]
00:04:835 (1,2) - Blanket
00:06:898 (3,4) - Can blanket better
00:11:398 (6,7) - Keep distance in this blanket similar to the previous ones
00:15:148 (1,3) - Bad stack
00:16:460 (4,5) - Bring the end down a bit on the slider to neaten blanket
00:17:398 (6,7,8) - If above is done, fix this so it still blankets the end of the slider.
00:18:710 (2,3,4,5,6) - Is this distance snap the same? .-. If it isnt, make it
00:19:460 (6,7) - Weird blanket, neaten up a bit
00:20:398 (8) - Move to x:256
00:53:210 (7,8) - Fix blanket here
01:32:585 (5,6) - ^
01:45:148 (10,1) - ctrl + Q each of these

[Normal]
01:51:148 (1,4) - Try not to overlap these
02:15:148 (6,1) - ctrl + Q these
02:17:398 (3,2) - Messy stack
02:18:898 (2) - Why is there a clap at the end of the slider?

[Easy]
Looks good

Sorry about the delay!
Topic Starter
just click

Smoothie World wrote:

MOD FINISHED!

Hi :)

[Extra]
00:04:835 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern flows weird. Something similar to http://puu.sh/fQypD/9d1e36ddbe.png would fit nicely. Changed to what you suggested.
00:12:710 (2,7) - Bad overlap Fixed.
00:20:210 (2,6) - Blankey-poo Changed.
00:20:210 (2,1) - Bad overlap. Blanket slider with (2) - (4) Fixed overlap, not sure what you mean by blanketing here though.
00:25:460 (7,1) - Q both of these Changed.
00:29:023 (2,3,4,5,6) - Awkward flow. Consider playing around with this section a bit. Revamped this section a bit, hopefully it's better now.
00:59:773 (5,6,1) - Sloppy pattern This was sort of intended, not sure what you want me to change here. I changed this a little bit though.
01:05:398 Change this pattern to this http://puu.sh/fQzrX/c3d5ce0b19.png Changed to what you suggested.
01:19:273 (1) - Curve more Curved it some more.
01:41:773 (2,1) - Bad overlap Fixed.
01:53:398 (4) - NC Changed.
01:54:148 (12) - NC Changed.
02:06:710 (3,2) - Bad overlap Fixed.
02:07:273 (1,2) - Press Q. This goes for all of the upcoming patterns that are like this. This makes much more sense now :D
02:20:398 (6,4) - Bad stack Fixed.
02:30:148 (1,2,3) - Check hitsounds Fixed.
02:35:585 (3,1) - Bad stack Fixed.
02:46:273 (1,3) - ^ Fixed.
02:54:710 (3,1) - ^ Fixed.
03:00:523 (3,2) - ^ Fixed.
02:58:085 (5,6,1) - Curve the 2 notes before the slider more Changed is curved more now.
03:09:710 (6,1) - Bad stack Fixed.
03:14:398 (3,1,2,3,5,7) - Clean this up a bit. Make the 3 fit nicely into the middle there Should be better now hopefully.
03:24:148 (1) - This slider comes in so late. Kind of awkward I wanted to map the ending here, and only a spinner fit in here. Don't see anything wrong with this, so I'm leaving it alone here.

[Insane]
03:00:710 (4) - Not snapped! Never noticed this, thanks for finding this, fixed.
00:11:210 (3,1,5) - Bad stacks Should be fixed now.
00:12:710 (2,6) - Try to not overlap these Fixed.
00:16:460 (6,1) - Better blanket perhaps? Should be better blanket now.
00:45:898 (6,7) - Keep parallel or at least slightly Should be better.
00:54:148 (1,1,2,3) - Blanket Fixed this blanket.
01:06:148 (1) - Move close to x:356, y:224 Changed to the newer position.
01:20:960 (8) - Don't ever end a slider on a large white tick like this. Maybe change to 2 notes instead Changed to the 2 notes instead of the slider as you mentioned.
01:33:523 (3,4,5) - Blanket I don't understand what I'm supposed to blanket here?
01:33:335 (2,3) - Stack I like how it is already, doesn't need to be stacked in my opinion.
01:38:960 (1) - Don't ever end a slider on a large white tick like this Changed to two separate notes.
01:47:210 (10,1,2,3) - Make (10) one circle and begin the short sliders where (10) once ended Changed to what you suggested.
02:10:273 (5) - ctrl + g Changed.
02:10:273 (5,2) - Weird - looking stack / overlap Fixed.
02:20:585 (6,7) - Make note before the slider in the rhythm. Consider changing locations as well I'm confused on what you mean here, I changed this part up a bit though.
02:32:585 (5,6) - ^ Changed the location, but I don't understand what you mean by the note before the slider in the rhythm, can you please message me in-game to be more specific?
02:30:898 (4,1) - Stack better Made it as stacked as possible, for some reason I wasn't able to get this perfectly stacked.
02:53:398 (4,5,6,7,8) - Bad rhythm here. Consider this instead http://puu.sh/g1nOa/7da2803256.png Yeah, the rhythm here felt awkward, changed to what you suggested.

[Hard]
00:04:835 (1,2) - Blanket Changed.
00:06:898 (3,4) - Can blanket better Improved this blanket.
00:11:398 (6,7) - Keep distance in this blanket similar to the previous ones Should be the same now.
00:15:148 (1,3) - Bad stack Should be better now.
00:16:460 (4,5) - Bring the end down a bit on the slider to neaten blanket Should be better now.
00:17:398 (6,7,8) - If above is done, fix this so it still blankets the end of the slider. I changed this up a bit because I wasn't able to do it without adjusting too much just for a blanket, so instead I stacked this on the (5).
00:18:710 (2,3,4,5,6) - Is this distance snap the same? .-. If it isnt, make it These actually were :D but I adjusted this anyways.
00:19:460 (6,7) - Weird blanket, neaten up a bit Fixed blanket.
00:20:398 (8) - Move to x:256 Moved it.
00:53:210 (7,8) - Fix blanket here Fixed blanket.
01:32:585 (5,6) - ^ Should be a better blanket now.
01:45:148 (10,1) - ctrl + Q each of these Added.

[Normal]
01:51:148 (1,4) - Try not to overlap these I don't think this overlap affects playability, especially since it's the last note right before a break and this is a slider.
02:15:148 (6,1) - ctrl + Q these Fixed.
02:17:398 (3,2) - Messy stack Should be better now.
02:18:898 (2) - Why is there a clap at the end of the slider? Not sure honestly lol, removed the clap.

[Easy]
Looks good Yay :D

Sorry about the delay!
Thank you for your mod! It was very helpful in improving a few aspects of the map!
Eni
thanks whoever denied kudosu lol

BNs can still add/remove kudosu?
Kibbleru
general
  1. do offset -10 or something
    additionally u may need some offset resets around 02:06:148 - because it becomes late
  2. kiai time for easy diff is inconsistent you SHOULD make it consistent.
  3. combo colours are also inconsistent for whatever reasons.
  4. try to find a 198kbps mp3
insane
  1. 00:17:679 (4,5) - this 1/4 jump comes pretty jarringly especially something low spacing like 00:17:398 (3,4) -
  2. 00:51:898 (6,7) - use more spacing here, to be consistent and show that this is 1/2 gap rather than 1/4
  3. 01:23:773 (6) - tbh ctrl g?
  4. 01:53:398 (4) - u could nc for the stream.
  5. 02:21:148 (1,2,3) - tbh playing triplet at these places, i can't really explain it though :X better to replace it with a slider like 02:31:648 (1) -
    02:24:148 (1,2,3) - ^
    02:33:148 (1,2,3) - ^
    etc
  6. 02:47:960 (7) - use more spacing please, these 1/4 jumps play well with relatively consistent spacing
  7. 03:06:335 (1) - this one is a bit unecessary but i see why.
  8. 03:24:148 - quite a weird place to start your spinner.. why not just start it after 03:18:148 - , i mean it would be very long but i don't think there's a problem with it lol, i've seen longer spinners
hard
  1. 00:09:148 (1,3) - overlap doesn't look really good
  2. 00:17:398 (6,7,8) - maybe use 1/4 repeat instead, triplet right after an antijump is a bit harsh
  3. i don't get why you're switching around with 1.3 and 1.2 DS, just use 1.3 consistently?
  4. 01:00:148 (1) - uhh 0.5 sv change is a bit too much, use 0.75 or something
    01:19:273 (1) - ^
  5. 01:20:023 (2) - nc here cuz sv cahnge do the same to other palces.
  6. 02:38:398 (8,9,10) - i don't really see a reason for this jump
normal
  1. 01:41:398 (5,6,7) - just replace the entire thing with a slider. 1/2 is wrongly snapped.
  2. 00:05:398 - u can use a more complicated rhythm for sections like this rather than 2/1 spam, cuz atm it's similar to easy diff.
man hitsounds could really be better. try to see if any1 would be able to spend some time to work on your hitsounds with u. beatofike's userpage also has some hitsounding tips.

i would also strongly recommend using custom hitsounds
moya
wverytime i oleypley this map i get hafrd
great map dude
jonathanlfj
here is a 192kbps mp3 for you: http://puu.sh/gezmk.mp3
offset 82

Don't kd this post. I was originally going to start a mod, but after reading Kibbleru's mod I can agree with him that you should find better hitsounds for the mapset. I am not an expert in hitsounding, but if you do find someone and get them fixed, let me know and I will give my mod then.
Okoratu
not even late. I hope you know what manual stacks are after modding my map lel.

Breezy wrote:

Looking for a BAT request please!
http://ask.fm/okoratu/answer/123860502061

oh look bn posts
dunno what you did and did not do but posting redundant stuff probably anyways cool
ehmmm ok so

[general]
  1. you can tag frontier or anything you find on the sites this links to which you could find relevant
  2. thanks for not sourcing that you ripped the mp3 off youtube l0l
  3. I personally hate letterboxing during breaks but whatever
  4. Stack Leniency should be buffed so 1/1 things stack in the Insane/Hard, but - that als - is personal
  5. this is aimed to give you a basic idea about what could be better in your map - basically a "why oko wouldn't bubble it" - i hope you can deal with my thoughts
  6. These are also my opinions as a nazi about things
[hitsounding]
  1. Uhh it's generally too loud, i don't even think normal sampleset fits this song that well because it just sounds like bass sounds on every triplet while there really isnt -> examples of that would be 00:06:991 (4,5) - and basically every other triplet like that in every diff that has them
  2. i would advise to use something more soft sampleset oriented with whistles on the important stuff - the song has many places where soft whistles would fit in nicely, and then normal sampleset things on the bass kicks, eg on 00:06:148 - , 00:07:273 - , 00:09:148 - , 00:09:710 - , 00:10:273 - , and so on (the current clap pattern actually doesn't do a good job on capturing the kicks in the song as well because you only hitsounded the crashes which are consistently placed in the whole thing)
  3. If you don't play with skin-based hitsounds this whole thing sounds quite noisy
[Extra]
  1. Hp6 why, this is pretty forgiving already imo, also overall i think this suffers a bit from losing structure over the time of being modded or just generally (dunno if it used to be more structured, but more structure, system and aesthetics could be nice)
  2. 00:04:648 - you mute this but 00:04:835 (1,2,3,4) - are same sounds with normal sampleset, which doesn't make much sense to me lol
  3. ok so i will only say this for the extra but you should do that for every diff you think to be affected:
    the way you comboed the thing does not make that much sense because of stuff like 00:07:460 (7,1) - etc. you do that consistently but the New Combo should be on 7 and not on 1, so these should be swapped mainly because 7 is a similar sound to 00:06:148 - which is always a new combo, so splitting combos up like that makes more sense than what you currently do (and making sense is the only job NCs have)
  4. 00:22:460 (7) - you forgot one nc btw
  5. 00:25:460 (1) - oh what you suddenly combo things like i suggested previously, so please make everything that's inconsistent with that logic fit that thanks :>
  6. some patterns in this diff are exaggerated for the sake of star difficulty, one fitting example would be 00:11:210 (2) - :
    the whole pattern is a big nice star, 00:11:023 (1) - is stressed - cool - 00:11:398 (3,4,5) - are stressed as well, but 2 really isn't but the distance is chosen there for the sake of the pattern and not for the sake of fitting the sound's intensity. 00:11:023 (1,2) - should probably just be a single 1/2 slider in order to reflect the music a bit better here
    the same thing applies to more than only this pattern in this diff
  7. examples could be
    00:14:023 (1,2) -
    00:14:773 (4) -
    00:20:585 (5,6) - (5 could be sliderend and 6 two circles)
    00:28:273 (6) - seems random because you didn't do that high spacing just for percussion previously
    00:29:585 (5) - should be higher spacing because of the way you do it previously
    ... that list would get pretty long, but i hope this helps you understand why i say that this lacks a clear structure also if i were to mention everything the list of these kind of complaints would kill me
  8. 00:29:773 (6) - the idea of these anchors seems nice but the slider that results from that looks like it can't really decide what it wants to be, something more simple with just one turn could fit that sound better
  9. why is there a customly snapped break which doesn't really do stuff
  10. 00:41:960 - not really a fan of muting spinnerends because there is a clear
  11. 00:42:148 - comboing in this part is screwed up: just a few examples to give you the idea:
    00:44:398 (1) - you nc'd this but didn't 00:42:898 (6) - or 00:47:398 (2) - and so on,
    I'd be actuall for reducing the combos in this part so removing 00:44:398 (1) - 00:45:898 (1) - would make sense to me..
    Reasoning for that is that that you get hp back for successfully completing the combo so spamming combos generally makes a part more forgiving if you can play some of the patterns kind of ok
  12. 00:46:648 (1) - is inconsistent with the way you rhythm'd it previously and it also makes for a pretty awkward stop because you have movement on like every other instance like 00:45:148 (1,2,3,4,5) - so doing the smae rhythm or anything that requires you to move your cursor in order to play it, woudl be great
  13. 00:54:148 - watch your comboing in this part as well it 01:01:648 (1) - is inconsistent with how you did it previously for example
  14. 01:04:648 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - after playing this pattern for like 3 times i have come to the conclusion that it's just more awkward than your other patterns in this part mainly because 01:04:648 (1,2,3) - are suggesting a movement more towards 01:05:210 (5) - and then you force the cursor to go to 01:05:023 (4) - and then upwards and downwards again, which just ends up playing really really weirdly, keeping in mind what you have to do in order to follow your patterns (as in what cursor movements are required in order to play them) would help you out greatly in coming up with a way to make this play less awkwardly
  15. 01:05:960 (6,7) - would use more space if you you decide to keep that pattern btw because 01:05:773 (5,6) - are pretty spaced out while 7 feels like a more or less awkward stop
  16. 01:06:710 - having custom break start here would make for a cooler effect with your letterboxing because it would then snap to a point in the song :p
  17. 01:35:585 (1) - not sure if this is 1/6 at all, or if it should be 1/8 or if it is increasing in speed, but i think, if at all it should start in 01:35:773 - because the part before is clearly 1/4
  18. the rest of the map is just repeating stuff i already mentioned before also the section starting in 02:05:866 - feels weird because towards the end other sounds in the music grow increasingly stronger while you decide to map the 3/4 only. also stuff like 02:10:648 (1,2) - can turn out confusingly when you do something like that.
[Insane]
  1. if you read what i said about the extra i think you know what you should look for when looking at this diff and asking yourself, what possible issues could be... I'll only mention stuff that i did not before
  2. 00:17:398 (3,4,5) - it is very difficult to read this as 1/4 spacing correctly, stacking 4 and 5 would make it more obvious how they are supposed to be played
  3. 01:23:210 (3,6) - would avoid doing that, i have no clue currently if that's still unrankable, but in the past maps have been taken down for hitbursts (50/100/300) covering up the repeat arrow of 6 in this case. I think nowadays they are drawn beneath (except for the miss though, that's still in front)... but generally doing something that could hide a repeat arrow is probably not a good idea
  4. 02:08:773 (5,2) - 02:17:773 (4,4) - overlapping stuff like that doesn't look that nice just saying
  5. 02:25:648 (9) - 02:37:648 (8) - not my fav kind of slidershape but uhh
  6. 02:47:023 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - the change in spacing is pretty sudden and can be confusing
    The rest is suffering from recurring issues i mentioned in Extra ;-;
[Hard]
  1. could also look more structured:
  2. if you would
    1. 00:06:148 (1,2,3) - have patterns like these either blanket properly or go into just one direction
    2. 00:09:148 (1,3) - would avoid overlaps like this
    3. wouldn't do random spacing from 1.2~1.4x all day (eg. 00:11:773 (7) - )
    4. 00:20:773 (1) - suddenly decreasing whole spacing why
  3. 00:42:148 - the part starting here is too dense imo, considering how the rest is mapped (you do something pretty close to what i'm suggesting near the end of this part)
  4. 01:20:023 (2,3) - 1/2 slider for reasons that were explained in extra (same applies to most similar parts)
  5. also generally it'd be a good idea to avoid overlaps like this because they just don't look nice
  6. the way you use triplets and that stuff makes this diff play rather complicatedly btw. this becomes an issue below
[Normal]
  1. look at the patterns you used in the hard, now look at this diff, now look back at the hard... do you see the same thing as i do?
    Hard features full 1/2 and triplets while normal is for the most part 2/1 sliders and 1/1 circles. This probably makes your spread look like this E--N------H---I----X difficulty wise. I think buffing Normal, or nerfing hard will only create more problems so you should consider mapping another diff to fit into that gap.
  2. 01:24:523 (2,3) - using two 1/2 sliders here is more intuitive because of the sound in 01:25:085 - currently leaving an kinda awkward gap
  3. 01:26:398 (5) - less curving might look better lol for short sliders like this
  4. 01:41:398 (5,6,7) - nope this is kinda stupid but either use an 1/1 repeat slider or a 2/1 slider in order to map this because mapping 1/2 over 1/3 stuff is going to be stupid for obvious reasons: the ends of these sliders are unsnapped because 1/3 just doesn't land there and 1/3 sliders are not an option either because this is a normal, so using 1/1 or 2/1 is the only meaningful thing you can do here, really
  5. some of these 2/1 sliders
[Easy]
Nothing much to say besides slidershapes in 1st kiai sometimes go into the realm of "what" and that the part starting 02:06:148 - might be super boring even to easy players
02:17:398 (1) - suddenly hitsounds what.
02:40:648 (5,1) - antijumps are generally not the best idea for an easy when 5 just disappeared when 1 starts to appear like it makes players panic and thing they got to hit that because it doesn't follow time - distance equivalency moving it approx to somewhere close to where it should be according to ds would probably cause less panic

---
so let's summarize:
Mentioned the most urgent problems for the extra
didn't mention every single thing because most issues are reoccurring so you should probably read that carefully to see what you should consider changing and why in the HIX part of the spread
make sure comboing is consistent and makes sense thanks
hitsounding could be less noisy for this song because that would fit
all of these diffs could look more planned/polished, but the biggest problems in that regard are in HIX part of the set
Your spread from Normal to Hard is unacceptably big.
---

I hope this contains somewhat useful information
and good luck lol
Topic Starter
just click

jonathanlfj wrote:

here is a 192kbps mp3 for you: http://puu.sh/gezmk.mp3
offset 82

Don't kd this post. I was originally going to start a mod, but after reading Kibbleru's mod I can agree with him that you should find better hitsounds for the mapset. I am not an expert in hitsounding, but if you do find someone and get them fixed, let me know and I will give my mod then.
Thank you for the mp3 file!
Fixed the offset as well.
I will message you once the hitsounds are improved.
Asonate
Hi, this is just something I found, when playing the Insane diff:

01:35:519 (6,1) - The repeat-slider is 2 repeats too long, so you either sliderbreak or miss the 1 of the next Combo
01:41:332 (1,2,1) - Again, the repeat-slider is too long and clashes with 2 of the same combo and 1 of the next one
02:59:519 (1,2) - ^

Other than that, I found nothing, the map itself felt great when playing !
Good luck to get this ranked !
Topic Starter
just click

Kibbleru wrote:

general
  1. do offset -10 or something jonathanlfj gave me an mp3 with a different and correct offset, so I don't think it's necessary since it sounds on time now.
    additionally u may need some offset resets around 02:06:148 - because it becomes late ^
  2. kiai time for easy diff is inconsistent you SHOULD make it consistent. AiMod doesn't say anything about Kiai time being inconsistent, I checked as well and everything seems to be ok. Can you tell me where you found it inconsistent?
  3. combo colours are also inconsistent for whatever reasons. Fixed the inconsistent combo colors.
  4. try to find a 198kbps mp3 jonathanlfj provided me with one.
insane
  1. 00:17:679 (4,5) - this 1/4 jump comes pretty jarringly especially something low spacing like 00:17:398 (3,4) - I changed this part up a bit to even out the spacing.
  2. 00:51:898 (6,7) - use more spacing here, to be consistent and show that this is 1/2 gap rather than 1/4 Increased the spacing here.
  3. 01:23:773 (6) - tbh ctrl g? I'm not sure how to Ctrl + G a single note, did you mean the reverse slider right before this note?
  4. 01:53:398 (4) - u could nc for the stream. Added the NC to the stream.
  5. 02:21:148 (1,2,3) - tbh playing triplet at these places, i can't really explain it though :X better to replace it with a slider like 02:31:648 (1) - The places where triplets are pretty strong beats and I think triplets fit in here very well, I'll think about it and change it if it is absolutely necessary.
    02:24:148 (1,2,3) - ^ ^
    02:33:148 (1,2,3) - ^ ^
    etc
  6. 02:47:960 (7) - use more spacing please, these 1/4 jumps play well with relatively consistent spacing Added some more spacing, should be consistent now.
  7. 03:06:335 (1) - this one is a bit unecessary but i see why. It sounds wrong if I were to remove this triplet, so this will probably stay.
  8. 03:24:148 - quite a weird place to start your spinner.. why not just start it after 03:18:148 - , i mean it would be very long but i don't think there's a problem with it lol, i've seen longer spinnersPeople have mentioned this to me, but I want the spinners to be consistent with each other and an extremely long spinner would be uncomfortable for beginners, so I might do this for Insane and Extra only, I'll think about it though.
hard
  1. 00:09:148 (1,3) - overlap doesn't look really good Fixed overlap.
  2. 00:17:398 (6,7,8) - maybe use 1/4 repeat instead, triplet right after an antijump is a bit harshAdded the repeat slider.
  3. i don't get why you're switching around with 1.3 and 1.2 DS, just use 1.3 consistently? The beginning of the sound didn't feel as tense so I used different spacing there, some things also got scrunched up with the DS a lot. I will fix DS a bit later.
  4. 01:00:148 (1) - uhh 0.5 sv change is a bit too much, use 0.75 or something I tried 0.75 and it feels too fast, 0.50 feels like the correct SV for this portion. The normal SV isn't that fast so I don't see it posing a big issue. I will change this if it is absolutely necessary.
    01:19:273 (1) - ^ ^
  5. 01:20:023 (2) - nc here cuz sv cahnge do the same to other palces. I think you put in the wrong time section or whatever, but I found an inconsistent SV combo that I fixed which is probably what you meant.
  6. 02:38:398 (8,9,10) - i don't really see a reason for this jump I think this fits in to be honest, it plays weird to me with normal spacing because of how the music sounds here. It is high pitched at this part which I think fitted in with the jumps.
normal
  1. 01:41:398 (5,6,7) - just replace the entire thing with a slider. 1/2 is wrongly snapped. Made it a whole slider.
  2. 00:05:398 - u can use a more complicated rhythm for sections like this rather than 2/1 spam, cuz atm it's similar to easy diff. I agree that it feels really empty and similar to Easy, I'll see what I can do for this part.
man hitsounds could really be better. try to see if any1 would be able to spend some time to work on your hitsounds with u. beatofike's userpage also has some hitsounding tips. I'll see what I can do with the hitsounds, I might re-do them so that they sound better because the hitsounds at this map were my first attempt ever at hitsounding.

i would also strongly recommend using custom hitsounds I'm not too familiar with custom hitsounds and how they work, I might do it for a future map however.
Sorry for this extremely late reply for your mod, had other things I was doing and I'm not that much focused on this map that much anymore. Thank you for your mod though!

[ Fyre ] wrote:

wverytime i oleypley this map i get hafrd
great map dude
Thank you!

Asonate wrote:

Hi, this is just something I found, when playing the Insane diff:

01:35:519 (6,1) - The repeat-slider is 2 repeats too long, so you either sliderbreak or miss the 1 of the next Combo
01:41:332 (1,2,1) - Again, the repeat-slider is too long and clashes with 2 of the same combo and 1 of the next one
02:59:519 (1,2) - ^

Other than that, I found nothing, the map itself felt great when playing !
Good luck to get this ranked !
The timing sections I forgot to adjust with the new offset so they played incorrectly making the map unplayable. Thank you for letting me know though!
Syl
Yikes, offset for Extra is way off. Try 137.
HootOwlStar

Forgd wrote:

Yikes, offset for Extra is way off. Try 137.
Actually, not just for Extra, the offset for the whole mapset is way off. And yeah, 137 is really accurate.

Oh maybe we didn't update our mapset
XzCraftP
let go rank! ^o^/
ExVeemon
Heyo~ I was playing Extra and Insane, and I'm not sure if it applies to all the difficulties, but I have to put an offset of +40 to make it sync with me. I'm not sure if it's a problem for anyone else, but just putting this out there since playing it normally without an offset feels like I'm hitting too late.

EDIT: Nevermind I had to completely delete the beatmap then re-download! It's all good now!
-[ Q Q Z Z Y ]-
Hey, I'm not sure about the other difficulties but when I played insane the offset was wrong. I tried fiddling a bit and about 122 for the value of the offset was good compared to the 8x it was before. Hope this helps :)
professorSugoi
grAVEYARDED??
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
show more