Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
preperation
I did a name snipe.

My old username was my fandom profile before it got disabled. DONT ASK WHY
Gengarr
I was 14 years old and i thought that this name was cool, how to waste a free nickname change.
victini
i thought it looked nice & cute.
D_Loomz

ki-ki-ya wrote:

i thought it looked nice & cute.
aww, thats a kawaii reason
FactoMan
I guess it was from when I was testing, the name of it was similar to Facto, so I just went with that and added 1335, then my Steam username came out as Facto Man, so I just went with FactoMan.
beachTurkey
both (or 3) of them are all from my youtube shitposts, I stuck with beach turkey because it sounded good
Jumps2Much
I played alot of cs back in the day and when i first started playing my friend who was a way higher rank then me just to jump and spray with a mac 10. so after a bit i decided to change my user to Jumps2Much. And even after my cs days i guess the name stuck
Dinomi
When I was six or seven, me and my siblings used to pretend to be fictional characters in a fantasy world.
I was a sand goblin and my sister had named him Dinomi.
I decided to stick with that name for all my online Aliases :)
Akazukin-MK2
When I registered in 2014 it was shortly after I watched the second season of YuruYuri and I love Akarin a lot so I wanted to use her as mascot for this account, she innocently loves her oneechan who also loves Akarin but with a "deeper" kind of love as you know if you watched the series. I thought it was funny, but I decided to not use her anymore since there're already so many players using Akarin and YY characters lol. I'll probably change name when I get osu supporter again.

Fun fact: the post above is the 1337th
cinnaronpa
Mine doesn't really have any sort of special meaning. I thought of two things I liked: cinnamon, and Danganronpa. So I just kind of mashed them together... to end up with cinnaronpa. I thought this sounded kind of nice, so I just went with it.
thegoodguy1234
Honesty I have no idea where it came from but it just sort of poped in my head and I just liked it so I entered it as my username
ABD007
My brother suggested it ! :)
Nigrod
Mine came from calling random people Nigrods.
donghans
i like kpop and i stan(ned) jbj, my fave was donghan so... yeah
Bonk
When I made an account for this game I ran out of names that made sense so I just combined a bunch of letters then made "Bonkzor". Then a couple months later I bought supporter for the first time and shortened my name to Bonk. Now I regret it because I am getting mentioned in osu! when people are talking about bonk.io.
Fraught
I used to use various different usernames that I randomly came up with, which usually had numbers tacked onto the end, but when I found (and started going to) The Escapist's forums, I felt like I needed a staying moniker, because the forum was more...high brow than the forums I'd been used to at the time, and I felt like all my previous usernames were temporary (which I didn't want for this forum 'cause I really delved into the whole sub-culture the forum had etc) and pretty childish (since I often used names like "Alien54" and "-Buzted-"etc). Since my English was much weaker back then, I thought of a random, cool word from my native language (which, when translated, is essentially something like "charged"), put it into an online dictionary, and it came up with "fraught".
Enchourex
From mishearing a song and some creativity
:P
Ruukiro
Button smashing.
Smashed some buttons together then tried pronouncing stuff, then magically it became Ruukiro, of course someone had to take "Rukiro" so I did what every person that's ever had their dream name taken do, add an extra letter.
blobdash
When I first had to pick a username, it was on the minecraft launcher page. I didn't know what to put, so I looked on my desktop behind the launcher and the first thing I saw was FL Studio there. FL stands for Fruity Loops, add a En in between, and good job, here I am.
Poidachii
I inserted the term "poi" in Yuudachi's name in loving memory of my favorite shipfu in the game "kancolle" and to remember that mostly any community gets hilariously autistic when someone say "poi"
but in osu I was too late to use the name so I just added an extra i so it'll be okay :D
Alot
diablo 2
Regay
I found this name when I was deciding my username at SA:MP (San Andreas Multiplayer). First name was RageQuit, then Ragey (in a matter of months) and then finally Regay. Dunno why I chose this name, but it seems gay for me :>
cla7997
Got my first videogame on my psp and said that i have only 7 characters for my nickname. So "cla" part of my name and "7997" because the brother of my best friend was born in " '97 ". I didn't really understand what was the meaning at the time because was a young child, but looked cool. "79" for symmerty
oof-sama
Oof came from the roblox meme/death noise and I added sama to the end because I'm a weeaboo.
TheGuillaume
I put ''The'' before my name
The Fire Tiger
uh i was like 14 or smthn when i came up with this name xd

Honestly I got so uncreative when I wanted to make a name for myself and I realized that "randomperson8802" just wouldn't cut it anymore so I had to compromise and think of an animal and a rhyme

If I could change my name I would go to something like Pacha Kamaq (was my name on a few forums before I discovered osu!, originates from inka mythology) but I already grew as furry trash with the tiger so
Kirika
My username "Kirika" is actually a character called "Kirika Akatsuki," from the anime Senki Zesshou Symphogear.

A picture if you are interested.

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/Z1UkExd.png
Buramie
My username N1ghtmareKnight is the username I used when I created my PS4 account when I was 12-13. I tough it sounded cool so yeah I chosed that.
otsuki
My name (Tsuki) + Soraka (my favorite League of Legends champion) = Tsuraka.

I love this name tbh.
Kirika

Tsuraka wrote:

My name (Tsuki) + Soraka (my favorite League of Legends champion) = Tsuraka.

I love this name tbh.

Soraka is my favourite champion too! Your name is great.
diseum_old
the old king from Kenja no Mago manga. lol
Whats Skill
Uh.. Wanted a new username because the one i had before sucked ass. (Urjustbeats2me) So i decided to change it. Couldn't think of anything for a while, then came up with this. And this is what i've stuck with for a while now.
Lexporxti
Sorry bad english*
My real name is leila and (lexporxti) it occurred to me to dedicate the name to an old friend. :D
curiosity: the x in my nickname are spaces, but I did not know what could be used u.u

So lex (leila) porxti (for you)

Leixporxti is more horrible
Ghastly56
My nickname came from childhood to be honest Gastly Was pokemon and i wanted to call my self that but deiced To change the spelling of it to Ghastly Then the 56 on the end of my name was from my Bin weevils Name at the end of it.
Tada?
ANY115
my ussername came from a random gammertag that xbox gave me back when i only play COD online, and a friend from online just started to call me "Any" because of my gamertag (Anyrocket477) and it like me for some reason, it becomes a simbol of me as a player and also decide to put it here on osu!
[pGA]Remilia
The tag came from a SA-MP community called [pGA] Pro Gaming Arena and Remilia is a character from Touhou.
koemada
my username originated from komaeda, who is from danganronpa lol,,,
Alf is Alf
idk i just thought of something random and i played a bit with the first syllable of my first name.
I thought "this looks cool i guess" so Im stuck with this username until I can come up with a new one :3
exsemipro
Just thought about being a pro but not really a pro maybe a former pro but less than that so yeah
Maze
It's a long story actually. But in short, my past username used to be mazewalker which I thought of because of the movie maze runner, but I hate running. And then I just adapted the name maze for short. Unfortunately it's taken on osu.
show more