forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
gaming epic
Honestly, i don't even know where it came from. Me and my friend were searching for a good main username for me and he came up with it. Should ask him where he got it from though. I'm pretty curious too.
Nanonii
So it was a name of this Echo(from Pandora Hearts) rip-off OC i made when I though that nanonii was a coolieo nickname. I used that as my Osu user and I kinda wanna change it cause heck I have too many online aliases.
WingSilent
Mine came from a keys combinations of my keyboard, right-left-righ-left
Kujar3
I didn't come up with my username myself, it also doesn't mean anything really. From my understanding it's also a name used in some foreign countries so eh. in 8th grade my friend invited me into an online game "bitefight" (terrible game but we didn't know any better :P), I was strougling with my character's name, chose a vampire. Out of nowhere my friend was like "why not Kujar" so I went with it. I made a friend in game called "Kraven2", we became good friends so I renamed to "Kraven3", on my second character I went with "Kujar3" and that stuck with me for well... like 10 years now. I use this username in any community ever since.
DJ Enetro
Ok. First post in G&D, feel honored.

Anyways:

There's this game based on browsers but playable on mobile called Neptune's Pride: Triton. Back then I was using the name "Pentagonizer" (portmanteau) as my real name. Wanted to have a different username though, it was taken by someone else.
One day I decided to make an alias: my username. Enetro is a corruption of "entropy", but I put the DJ to make it sound cool, like DJ TOTTO and others
hope my posts will be quality enough
Neitel
Well it was totally created from my mind, just think some nickname that is weird and that nobody has it and ready xD
Kongou_San
Kancolle my favorite character :D
Dustytuft
My real name
Ryoid
Hmm Let me think..........................cant think of anything
it just pop up on my brain thats all
burningapple
i burned an apple
Buster
my name was found after look at cute lolis being fucked

this name popped on my head after i realized lylian was a girl name (i was in PokemonShowdown at the time when it started)
_sparky_
I went by sparky (and for some friends spark-chan) in chat rooms few years back.
Honestly I don't like the name anymore but oh well.
KWYJIBO
Im a bleach fan
Takeshyeen
Because I like rabbits and the name has a nice ring to it. Sucks that I couldn't spell it with two b's in the rabit though
riunosk
i stared at my keyboard and magically generated this name
zero manners
I am from the french side of Canada which is not the same as France itself.
In my opinion they are so much fancier than quebecers (not an actual word) and since i'm from QB myself, i named myself zero manners..
and it's an ok shitposter name imo
Guzma
nonamereaper
a bad naming habit :c
Husa
Originated from my real name but I shortened it a bit since not too long Cx
hypercyte
I thought of a real word, then made up a random word, and put them together. Took me a grand total of 42 seconds. :^)

Just kidding I put a lot of thought into the name also I was probably like 11 when I made this name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Arctos Sagittario
This account was created when I was just graduated from high school so the username may look quite silly.

Arctos is romanized άρκτος in Greek, meaning "bear";
Sagittario is Italian for "archer"ーwell, I was going for Latin initially, but sagittarius doesn't look as cool.

So there you have it, archer bear, combination of my favorite traditional military branch and 2nd favorite beast in an 8th-grader-syndrome way.

Btw my favorite beast is tiger. It's been turned down because tiger in Greek (τίγρις, or tigris) looks not very far from English, which is less cool imo lol.

N-No... i-i-it's not like that... that... bear... *sigh* what can I say...
Natsuzjehh
Natsu is obviously from Fairy Tail. (Never watched a single episode, only AMV s lol)
Well... -zjehh is from my former Xfire nick Vodkazjehh.
I copied zjehh (zje) from bananzje, a CoD2 player back in about 2k8.(?)
Here's the guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6MHdKMUq0o
Then I changed it to DelFaz(random), and when I started playing AVA and CS:GO I changed it to Mivan? (means What? in Hungarian)
Mivan will be hopefully the last one :)
Kitsunex
I had a fox plush toy that I liked

and Kitsune was taken on most sites lol
GenericPNP
-
PotatoJet
I like potatoes and jets

and that's pretty much it.
-Atri-
RealRinkashime
My username is literally my real name translated into Japanese Kanji, making リンカシム
R34pling
I will show you an example of "The law of Evolution" for my username:
adrienhh (my name+stuff)
Creepy Killer (yeah I was young at that time)
Cr33p1K1ll3r (so much regret)
Creepy Reaper
Yoshi Reaper (cuz I have an insane Yoshi collection)
Reapling (I like everything that finishes in "-ling", especially zerglings from starcraft)
R34pling (It's short, its sounds cool and looks better)

I used the first one and the last one only for osu.
NeTsune
My username is kinda interesting since it comes from two japanese words: "Neko" and "Kitsune". I just removed 2 letters from the end of Neko and 2 letters from the start of Kitsune and combined them, resulting to NeTsune.
Fuyusch
2 words: Loli and Elixir, lolis are elixir of life, Loli + Elixir = Lolixir. Simple.
raszka
My name is basically the same as one character of Dome x Kano Manga. I didn't really think much about usernames so I picked whatever came to mind at that moment, I thought it was a funny name so I picked it. After 2 years of using it I would definitely like to change it but oh I don't dislike it.
Horrifying
Back in the day i was obsessed with pokemon (still am) and i loved skitty, and usually on everything my username was BlueSkitty(something) so it turned into BlueSkittyMusic and i then shortened it to BSM.
AeroElecques
Well...'Aero Elecques' is just the incomplete form, it's actually 'Aero Sivirian Neoro Elecques'
Aero is a Greek prefix for 'air' or 'flight' , in a way it shows that...sometimes I just want to be free from binds, to embrace what I am, heck I want to be writer but there's a load of things that makes it impossible.

Sivirian is a reminder of my dog, who is a Siberian, Rest In Peace my feline companion.

Neoro is also a reminder of my old username, Neo.

And finally Elecques, is like my actual real name, hard to pronounce.

So...yeah, that's how I got my username, shame I can't use the full one.
FstMario
Quite a long story to be honest,

but to put it short, childhood dream game, supersmash brothers brawl, i'd always choose mario, owned basically every single mario game before selling it all, and "FST" being the name of a company an old accomplice used to own... pretty strange tbh.

Before this I was under the alias of "Mariofan1" as seen in my signature. Pretty obvious what that means :3
Hund
Hund is the german word for "dog". Yeah. That's pretty much it.
Cahyono29
i can't think of a good name,so i just copy name from ecchi anime protagonist
just search Basara toujo on google
Zekks
minecraft youtuber I watched when I was 9
vizzy
It is short for 'Vizard' from Bleach. Someone in my mIRC channel called me that back in 2009; it stuck ever since.
Iyouka
From my mind that has really quality type of creativity~

jk lol...i got it from main character in a video game that i already forgot the title...
Celine
Bws is my irl initial
And it was taken
Had to add smth behind
show more