forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
LoliPantsu
Matrix

in 2007 i watched this, and i liked the name matrix in the title.
yukiGC
yuki - irl name
GC - Grand Chase, my favorite game.
jyling
jyling - irl name (shorten)
Rainbowkel
It was my mums idea. as i really Liked Rainbow Dash at the time and that the first part of my irl name is Kel, she made up "Rainbowkel" from the two words. A DREAMER WAS BORN I TELL YOU
Razzy
a combo of characters from huniepop and undertale

in retrospect, this is cringy as all hell

I should've stuck with "Temmie Flakes" or "Pumbloom"
athyriel
I was trying to make up my own nickname for gaming. I thought of two words: Ethereal and Aralith; I then thought of mixing them together, Athyriel.
czr
Name generators are amazing.
Horaizon-
my username is derived from my alternate name that i made up which is Nozomi Yuuki (Nozomi is the family name, Yuuki is the first name). My alternate name is taken from two anime characters: Nozomi Toujou from Love Live and Yuuki Tatsuya from Gundam Build Fighters. Extra note: Nozomi so comes from my schoolmate named Nozomi Ide
Aomi

NozomiYuuki wrote:

Nozomi Toujou from Love Live
I knew it!! :P
Lacrimae
LINGUA LATINA
Horaizon-

Aomi wrote:

NozomiYuuki wrote:

Nozomi Toujou from Love Live
I knew it!! :P
I know right. It's true, i watch it
Deleca7755
This is gonna be hilarious omfg. I was watching ( like a long time ago ) that episode of Spongebob me and my sister had on DvD with the 'Lost Episode' and it sounded like someone said 'Deleca Tesent' XD So ever sine I've used the name 'Deleca7755' 7755 are basically my username/lucky numbers. The end??? :P
[Zappy]
I just... kinda liked lightning/laser weapons in games, so I decided to make my username the onomatopea "zap" + "er" (the person that zaps).
The "[ ]" around it made it look like an ammo box or a weapon itself... maybe it's a stretch. I was a bit dumb almost 5 years ago...
lol
ao_kancolle
Because I play Kantai Collection and I saw Aoba. Her personality (Maybe?) like Shameimaru Aya.
Feiri
"Fei" Part of my name
"Ri" To make it sound like "Fairy" (An op type in pokemon)
KeXagon
Kex (a name for a specific cookie in Germany) + Hexagon (from DragonQuest IX)
Akemi-kun
was searching for good male japanese names, found nothing.
searched in female names, found akemi.
added a -kun to make it sound more male-ish.
Akemi-kun was taken, added a dash, valid
pyrrha
RIP pyrrha :cry:
Konaruhi
Konata and Haruhi.
Surono
My irl first name
NinjaSM
Fairly bland origin
Ninja comes from my favourite game, Ninja Gaiden
SM stands for Stepmania
Tornado
In the end of 2010 I had too much fantasies and had a large dreaming potential.I just wanted a cool looking name and one day when I woke up early on a Saturday morning; the first thing that came out from my mouth was: TornadoWing

About my Osu! Nickname

On October,when I was going to change my username; I wanted to do it TornadoWing
Because it is also my Youtube,ask.fm,smule,twitter and some other websites nickname.But when I was going to change my name; I noticed that Tornado wasnt picked up.So I prefered to make my name more simple :D
tukimoop
Before playing osu!
Back when started playing Minecraft, i had to make a username for my account. Of course, being the one person who'd make bad names, i chose lazypasta, for being lazy, and liking cabonara pasta (from the local Pizza Hut store).

After a few years, decided that the name was literally made up of stupidity, I tried going for a new username

Previous osu! username
My previous osu! name was FryingHam, which pretty much originated from TF2. I took the "Frying" from Frying Pan and "Ham" from Ham Shank to create this name. It's probably the best name I ever took as :)

Current osu! name
During an osu! multiplayer match, I was trying to play the usual 3 star map, but my hand was shaking pretty hard, which I blamed on iced coffee. I created iblameicedcoffee, not before deciding to become a weeb and find a Japanese sounding username. I put "coffee" into Google Translate(coz y not), got Kohi, and added "rii" to the end, getting Kohirii.

Though it's still nice to have people call me "Fry" for my old username :)
BluePixel_old_1
A game that a bunch of weeaboos play
Fourth
Simple, it's my name.
I'm 4th son, so my mother named me fourth(nickname).
Battle
I was talking to Xbox one day about a name change, and he said you could name yourself to Battle, so I did
dGeist
My friends used to call me a phantom because they never see me coming even when I'm right in front of them due to my attire or hairstyle at that time. And I loved cod 1 -2,waw and I roleplayed as the german soldiers a lot with my friends.
So I'm the ghost ,hence d(the) Geist (ghost). 8-)
vinnicci
GSG95
http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/GSG-9

add in the number five and there you have it.
roshan117
my real life name is Roshan

and my birthday is january 17 (1-17)

so if u combine the 2...

u get roshan117
Yooni
from the popular korean drama gumiho. In the drama there is this song
that translates into foxrain. I was planning to use that as a my league name
because I'm an ahri main, but sadly it was taken . Hence rainfox has been my username for
almost everything
Tae
Russian translation of my surname, as I'm Russian. And let's be honest, Almaz sounds cool.

(Surname is actually Polish for some reason :/ )
Genjuro
I have no idea why i choose this dumb username, o-well.
Seethe
this name comes from a sword in world of warcraft for casters.
It's called seethe
CatchTheStars_old
I wanted to play Catch The Beat mainly upon picking up osu, and I like space. Hence, CatchTheStars, the most bland username in osu history, was born.
archetype-
i'm a perfect example for something (hence archetype)
Ankanogradiel
I Just woke up one day and it was in my mind.
Later I figured out that Ankano comes from an npc in skyrim.. and gradiel is just a thing I made up :P
The name originates from my Student ID in highschool. I like it and use it everywhere to pretend I'm a bot.

But the biggest factor for using this name is not simply trying to pretend to be a bot.

It's a political message.

I'm from Hong Kong. Hong Kong has no voting rights to choose their Chief Executive, and since the hangover we have been asking for this (as most of the Chief Executives China has chosen for us are c***s and we don't like it). And so 2015071 is the date (2015/07/01) that we'll get total freedom to vote who's going to be our Chief Executives (btw, July 1st is the Establishment Day for Hong Kong). But as time goes on, 2015071 becomes my hope for a democratic Hong Kong. A Hong Kong that is free from China's interruption and a Hong Kong that is truly govern by Hong Kong people.
show more