forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chaosemerald
The Chaos Emeralds from Sonic the Hedgehog
NaTha
My old name was Kazutodacer. I wanted to write Kazutodancer but i lost the N and dacer sounded nice.
Then i changed to NaThaNeL. Thats because i saw a tv spot where a passanger called Nataneal but you speak the Name "Natanäl"
Now my Name is NaTha its a short version of NaThaNeL cuz anyone in osu called me NaTha
EtienneXC
A post-hardccore band "Etienne Sin." I have no idea how I used to like them.
The "XC" part refers to the sport Cross Country
Offdensen
'Feliciano' comes from Feliciano Vargas,which he comes from an anime called 'Hetalia'.
'Gasai' comes from an anime called 'Mirai nikki',or,in English,'The Future Diary'.
Jarvis
Now that I've gotten a new name.

I used to binge on reading competitive game wikia's (League of Legends/Dota/CS:GO) so whenever my friends needed to know shit for games or builds. Just call Jarvis...
Eiuh
I was tired of my previous nickname so i wanted something new and unique.

it's pronounceable and i was desperate ok ;_;
otoed1
5 or 6 year old me.
Darth_Mula
because mules and star wars so
DeletedUser_6709840
I used to part of a clan in runescape called "Roseus Deos" and pretty much it stemmed from that. The 'Jaeger' part is a little Attack on Titan inspired apart from the meaning literally meaning 'hunter'. My username is supposed to mean 'pink hunter' and just sound cool
Darth_Mula

RoseusJaeger wrote:

I used to part of a clan in runescape called "Roseus Deos" and pretty much it stemmed from that. The 'Jaeger' part is a little Attack on Titan inspired apart from the meaning literally meaning 'hunter'. My username is supposed to mean 'pink hunter' and just sound cool
no way, u cant
Emayecue
In other games and forums that used my forum name used to be "Made In Quebec". After a while, the diminutive MiQ was used for most people who interacted regularly with me.

At some point, I was looking for a new name for a new character I wanted to create, and one of my friends on that game suggested I use now, which stands for Em (M) aye (I) cue (Q)

Since then, it kinda grew on me, and now it's a standard wherever I go I always use that name... Thank god he never asked me for copyright fees :D
DeletedUser_6709840

Darth_Mula wrote:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

no way, u cant
I can't what?
Darth_Mula

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Darth_Mula wrote:

no way, u cant
trust me.
NiuCriu
I originated as Niudoru, because Nudoru wasn't available so I added an "i" in there somewhere. As I got more involved into the twitch community, every time a 1 miss or choke or 80% acc FC's, my friends and I would all type niuCri, as an emote. I thought it was clever to rhyme Niu to Cri, thus NiuCriu...
carljcdc
From my real name, my previous universal ign is "Botch Carl" cuz i was called "botchipig" cuz i used to be fat lel, then "carl" cuz my name's Carl, "jcdc" cuz of my 2nd name, MI, and surname.
-NikoNiko-
I cant remember
Sonolux
I first discovered the word known as "Sonoluminescence" through a certain fact page on FB some months ago. It sounded cool, so I shortened it and made a variation. Thus, Sonolux was born.
Deimousxo
GTA and WoW.

There was a car in a GTA Game called "Deimos" and I was searching a WoW Character Name aswell. Deimos/Deimous was already taken so I made it Deimousxo.
Scyan
Fleeting: This describes my streaming ability perfectly: "lasting for a very short time.".

Jake: What can I say, I guess it's my first name :oops:

Not very original but I try :P
birra
Birra is my real first name and my nickname. Then it has a good meaning as well according to my parents which is "kindness". I hope I can always keep and be the thing that my parents message me through the name they gave me, and I'm trully glad they gave me the name.
AcademyAhri
From a game called league of legends, a video game character named Ahri, its a skin that you buy
Daichi Shinku
My Personality, which is Mixed up...
and a Linkin park's song
Kei
From a World of Warcraft character I made around 9 or 8 years ago, I can't remember.

It came from a female human mage. I named her Keilara, a random name I came up with. So, my name here in osu! was Keilara at first, but later on I got a supporter tag (a friend gifted it to me, if I'm not mistaken) and changed it to Kei.

This was mainly because my friends here were calling me Kei and not Keilara. I slowly began to love it, so I decided to change it. Now I hate my old username lol.

I can also say that it's related to my real name which also starts with K.
Equim
From the word "equilibrium".
Wuxo
little crap from ctb...
Falbere
Oh my.
Falbere.

Fa was like, fabulous or something..

and the rest of dem letters, just knocked my keyboard randomly

^^"
Sayorie
Random name actually. I just thought that a name that contains 'th' and 'x' is cool, then something chemistry-based (-ium).

That's just my osu! name, though. My actual gaming name that I use on most of my games is [kuriihu].
mdszy
i chose mine because it's a combination of my first, middle and last names.
y6Ep-K0T
Lessee... I once had a character named Tron (no, he is not related to TRON, despite what you may think), or to be more precise, he is still my character, except renamed, redesigned and in limbo. But his first name was Tron, I created him when I was somewhere around 12-13. Then I had a username 841tron, then it became 852tron (both of these are my usernames on ROBLOX, I am no longer there and I regret most of my time there), and then I decided to change it to TheTron852 when I was 15. So yeah, pretty much like that.

I also have another username, "y6Ep-K0T", but that one is mostly for the Russian community.
Prugelknabe
Mass murderess. :>
-Eden
Obliiv - Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Eden - Assassins Creed's Peices of Eden
And they're 2 of my favourite games
Joxe94
My nick name started as a misspelling on Guitar Hero once when I was like 15 or 14 and it has stucked whit me since then.
Setsuna
Used to play GunZ1, quit, played GunZ2, playerbase grew, became a good sniper, needed a new name, Setsuna = in the spit of moment, or instantly, playerbase died off, been using the name ever since :x
Babu24
Sankarea
Aiona
A play on words, with my name being "Iona" and I added "Ai" meaning love in japanese and chinese. I think it's good.. xD
Endie-
Totally not my name or anything...
mokyu
First it was Hxa, which I initially chose because I wanted to be named Hax. But since it was taken, I just took Hxa.

Then I changed to Vestige, because I liked the meaning of the word.

And now I'm waiting for LOL to be available (21 days).
_Gaster
Would you guess? This is what you get when you read the logo of The North Face top-to-bottom first before left-to-right. :D
[ Robert ]
Names Robert, so I chose Robert. Shocking, I know. However I had to use brackets because someone else has the name "Robert" taken.
Qiyana
It came from my fist name: Dylan. and last: La. Just added a random number at the end. (Reallty want to change my name so bad!
show more