forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Leo-C-R-M
Wow, this thread is so popular! (OoO)
I guess i'll give it a try.

At first i was confused on what to decide my gaming name, but somehow i came up with an idea on using my Star-Sign (Leo) and Chinese Zodiac (Snake). The result was (as you see it on my Username) Leo-Cobra. (But somehow it can be turn into Leo-Cub)

Then i thought that the name's length wasn't long enough so i added "RM". Which i still don't know what's the real meaning of it up to now.
Thought it's kinda resemble my name and my old username. My friends usually called me "Ar", the same way you read the letter "R". The letter "M" was supposed to be an upside down "W", which is my last name's first letter. And my old username? ArWi (Read the "Wi" like you call that Wii game console!), that's it. (Yeah, it's kinda lame, i usually jokes with my old username. For example, "We're ready to play ARWI?" (yeah, i know, i made a joke that's a lot worse than that.) thought the original idea was to make my gaming name looks more cooler. (Which is SOOO LAME)

Welp, i guess that's the least i can explain. TL;DR, I'm really stupid at making good names :P
xtrem3x
2006 - x-tremera productions - a combination from x-treme and chimera (2 PIU Songs from Exceed and NX version respectively)

2008 - xtremera3x - a compress reference with extra 3x (hentai, lolicon bla bla bla)

2009 - xtrem3x - Actual and final nickname (globalizing x-treme, chimera from first nickname, 3x for hentai/lolicon and also ... m3x = Mexican)

XDD
Eymi
Mix of Hana (flower in japanese) and Kochiya Sanae (my favorite character of Touhou ) = Hanae a good Japanese name of girl :3
Mercurial
Aomi

Mercurial wrote:

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spectre
Lies.
You wanted to use (Sailor) Mercury but it was already taken, so you made it more masculine.
consta_
Mine wasn't too creative, i originally used "Reisen", based off of Reisen the moon rabbit in touhou, however it made me feel uncomfortable since it made me feel like a roleplayer. so i gave the name for my japanese friend to do whatever he wanted with it. this is what he came up with.
DeletedUser_3905941
i just really like red panda's
LuihGi
Well, Luih is my real name and I REALLY LOVE THE HELL OUT OF LUIGI (luigi's mansion) and thus LuihGi was born/created idk.
WingSilent
To be honest, this is hard to explain. :D
Nub1

Nekomi wrote:

Nekomi(mi?)
WingSilent

nub- wrote:

Nekomi wrote:

Nekomi(mi?)
Not that way :3
Nadfee
My real name Nadhif and the amount of money I used on toys and stuff that made my mom agree "Fee"
Can also be rearranged to Nadeef in order to pronounce my real name with an extended "i"

This is silly, but I shared it. topkek
Not really creative, but I like to be called "Nad" as most English speaking person I've met calls me "Nad"
Minecraft_Mare
Well Its A Long Short Story :( So I Was Talking To My Friend TheHabboDude123 He Told Me About This Game Called Osu! He Called Me Savannah (My Actuall Name) And I Was Signing Up... I Was Thinking Of A Name And Then This Name Comes In My Head "MineMare" It Was A Combination Of Minecraft and Mare But Really Short 7 Months Later I Got Supporter I Decided To Change My Name. I Decided To Change It To "Minecraft_Mare" And That Day On My Friends Called Me Savannah or MineMare.
omochikaeri
I use this as an account name for a lot of my games and I didn't know that username = display name so I'm stuck with this until I get a supporter tag to change my name LOL
GSG95
kirueggy
Wisakedjak
XavierJones.

There was a game, Clive Barker's Jericho, I think. Xavier Jones was one of the members of Jericho Team. I finished the game and then created an osu! account, that was the first thing that came to my mind.
Shota
I am anime trash, and I liked the name since I thought it would be funny. Also it fit with me very well in more ways than one
CuticleThong
Cuticle - certain furry things lol, not hairy
Thong - Certain pantsu, not just an ordinary pantsu, but westerners loves showing their cute curvy shiri lmao

Call me Thong. OK
Mercurial

Aomi wrote:

Mercurial wrote:

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spectre
Lies.
You wanted to use (Sailor) Mercury but it was already taken, so you made it more masculine.
Well, not gonna lie, that's an interesting theory.

Too bad my previous names were MercurialSpectre and iMercurial.
Pringle
Well, this username was a recent switch. One of my best friends calls me Pringle as a nickname, and I really liked it!
Seiga
I keymashed and then backspaced down to three letters.
Xlyana
ook ook aak aak
Anxient
when i was grade 7 my friend and i decided to make OCs. he went with some name and i came up with AncientMU, thus my first name all the way up to october-ish when i got my first name change. The MU in AncientMU comes from the megaman starforce series, as in the main antagonist of the game afaik. And then i kinda regretted it so with my terribad quick thinking, i decided to name myself Anxient (my current name), because at the time, some japanese already took the name Ancient and right when i was about to name change it, some canadian took the name Ancient, so i sorta stuck with Anxient. Kinda got attached to this name tho and started using it everywhere, although ive been considering to change it to Anpan, yuniAnxi, etc.
Love Me
My name isn't actually taken from the song "Scarlet Rose" lolshocks
originally I just wanted Scarlett or scarlet
as it refers to my actually name in English then roses suddenly came up
and wow what a coincidence

Ps. HL are getting really annoying
Megatastic
I was on the phone to an old friend of mine and I was looking for a new username for a social network. She suggested Megatastic and I've used it ever since.
Dezept
2006 - 2014 = Maruck -> My first pet's name was "Maruck", so I used that name for online gaming.

2014 = Dezept -> How did I came up with that name? Well, that was the name I trolled people with. However, at some point I thought that Dezept is a pretty good name, so I changed my name from Maruck to Dezept.
still a better lovestory than twilight

Greetings, Dezept.
Aiona
My name is Iona and I'm an otaku.

But I wish I could change it because I cringe everytime.
Someone gimme supporter to change it ;;
Zazarith
edit:
Jarvis
Making a Minecraft account name in 2012 and had to think of a name.

Dinner inspired me greatly that day :o
primrose

CuticleThong wrote:

Cuticle - certain furry things lol, not hairy
Thong - Certain pantsu, not just an ordinary pantsu, but westerners loves showing their cute curvy shiri lmao

Call me Thong. OK
thongs are sexy.

itt:
i love the world fall or downfall so i decided to use it for my username and i added +ist to make it look cool
KinomiCandy
i stole this name from someone at facebook
Flanster

KinomiCandy wrote:

i stole this name from someone at facebook
goddammit I thought it would be more interesting..
zTk11z
TK is my initials and the rest of the name is just randomness XD
-Sh1n1-
Well... my name came from shinigami xdd don't kill me pls
Raiden
cyborg ninja thunder god

all merged together
CalmirageD88
Calm = referred to my personality
Mirage = because I always want something ._. but can't be realized
D88 = my birthday, with formulas..

and.. I'll not change my username ^^
Just Nid
My username on twitch was ''Nidanieeel'', back when I started playing osu!, I looked for help on streamers that didn't have that much viewers and were friendly to people that watched them, this one streamer that I'm still friends with, called me ''Nid'' so I changed my username to ''Just Nid'' because of it c:
Douae
_Miaw_
from a cat obviously :roll:

show more