forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hidden-
Since I'm half Caucasian and Half Native, most of my life always conclude to consider myself as a stranger, I never really felt I had my place when I was younger so the first half came from the Latin Stranger "Xeno". After I was wondering on either I would use "Stranger of life" or "Stranger of death" being a huge debate with myself on XenoVitam or XenoMortem, ended up using XenoMortem because I liked the pronunciation better ^.^ !
Bootybutt
my 14 year old self thought that the word "booty" was funny at the time

i regret picking this username
polsn
m3rk4t = market

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
Cayman
z
meii18
My username is originate from my name . My username is ByBy so my real name is Bianca :D
BH_CHAIKA
From a player.
Yuudachi-kun
Someone I knew 6 years ago.
MikuMikuRin
My username originated from Vocaloids, like 6 years ago.
OzzyOzrock
I made this name up for WoW when I was 13. Ozzy Osbourne + cool words like rock and the letter Z = easy
NeetBSD
I made this username when I was 11 back on ign I really liked the pokemon zoroark but I didn't want my name directly related to pokemon so I made what I thought to be a similar sounding name and I wanted to sound cool so I put an X in my name. The the part of my name implies that i am the only one I guess. jk I don't know
konkarne_old
Randomqqq
Idk...I first started playing this name called "RotMG"...and couldn't think of a username. So I'm like, ok something random...but random was already taken, so randomqqq ^^
HappyDayzTaken
Mine came from my life. it was happy at first...then it went Upside down :C
YaYaPi
Yanna -> YannaPi -> YaYaPi

My nickname then added -Pi since it sound cute :3
The effing evolution of my username <3 8-) 8-)
leepdesu
mine was suggested by gatyaa420
flash
Well I took the name of Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave and sort of shoved them together and yeah
Fenneca
At the time that I had been looking into get a pet Fennec (mainly because their cute and who wouldn't want their own fox) that name was taken however so I basically typed a at the end.
unko

Offended
Well, I find almost everything offensive, and it has become an inside joke between me and my friends :P
Samuuui
I used the name ColdMattress for everything but i decided that it was kinda boring, i came up with Samuuu and Samukami. It had something to do with the word "cold" in Japanese and relating back to my previous username. I threw in kami cause i thought it sounded cool, idc if it means "god" that wasn't the point. Also i don't speak or write Japanese so i probably goofed somewhere. Anywho, i like my name now, deal with it c8
edisk
Ripped mine off the iCloud.
internet>e
hard disk>disk
Gumpy

nookls wrote:

Great story telling
Randy96
Name + birthyear
xBuchi
Well my Dream job is to be a DJ and I really liked ice so my name is literally, djice

I would change my name, but I don't have supporter

(side question about Name Changes, does it change your forum account and how you log into or osu!?
- Marco -

djice wrote:

(side question about Name Changes, does it change your forum account and how you log into or osu!?
Yes, it changes your nickname both on the forum and on osu!, password will remain the same
Event Horizon_old_1
A song from To The Moon OST
it's my favorite ^^
joi-
KagurachanB
Kagurachan is a bit boring don't you think?

I wanted to register as ''KagurachanBlue'' but It was very long so I cut it and then I'm called KagurachanB (It's funny because I don't get B rankings)

Also I'm about to become a supporter so maybe I will choose another username with ''Kagura''
Athrun
From this guy:

And this guy:
Divikus
World of Warcraft name generator haha
7ambda
Took my Minecraft username. When I read the Warrior Cats series, I based it off one of the protagonists. Was a derp and spelled Firestar wrong. Don't know why I used 1337speak in it, but whatever.
KagurachanB

F1r3tar wrote:

Took my Minecraft username. When I read the Warrior Cats series, I based it off one of the protagonists. Was a derp and spelled Firestar wrong. Don't know why I used 1337speak in it, but whatever.
Warrior Cats.....I love that books *0*
-_Lazy_-_old
i'm a lazy cat
idkfa lolz
cheatcode for all weapons in doom & doom2

hell yeah old games
DegenerateWeeb
I was twelve and i had just gotten an xbox from my parents for christmast. I got extremly happy and decided to make an xbox live account, i was going to name myself "Hey WzAp" but because of my poor English (my xbox was set to English insted of Swedish) i accidentally autogenerated this name. rip.
guro
idkfa lolz

[Air Man] wrote:

I love oxygen
wp
Choke Master
I played a long time ago at Warcraft 3 (2003-2004) and i really loved Taurens.
So my firsst username was Tauren34 and it became after some months toren34.
In 2010 i created an account on League Of Leagends but toren34 was already use so i decided to revrese letters in my name and it became nerot34.
On Steam, nerot was already take so i put some numbers within and n3r0t was born.

The end. :D
tl;dr : Tauren34 > toren34 > nerot34 > nerot > n3r0t
Yoshi_green
I found out about Yoshi first while playing Mario Party 4 on the GameCube back in 2nd grade or something and I found it really cute

I outgrew my obsession for Yoshi and it turned into just a love for green things because Yoshi's natural colour is green so by the time I arrived here, Yoshi_green seemed fitting

I never changed my username yet, but if I were to ever change it, Yoshi777 would probably be my choice since that's what I use on Youtube and other games that don't allow underscores in usernames ~
K3la
My nick doesn't really have any cool backstory.
I used to change my Steam nick all the time and most of my friends were all the time like "who were you again??" and then I thought that I'd change my nick to something that atleast resembled a word from my language even a bit, and also I had a thing for having a number or two in my nick, so I just kept on thinking about some words and then this just popped into my head.
Finnish people will probably recognize the word from my name.
show more