forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
tetra-_old
tetrahydrofuran ;)
the short tetra- seems cool and easy to pronounce, although no one can relate it to tetrahydrofuran;_;
Trash Boat

41236 wrote:

You may know what my username means if you've played some fighting games. I don't play them any more though, since I found osu!.
Half-circle forward motion?
Okoratu
I think I started learning Japanese 2 years ago and then in order to get rid of my old username in League i then took random Kana and combined them until i liked the outcome.

Turns out it misspelled the tsu in okoratsu and forgot the s but whatever i grew to like it.
Veloalopus
I guess you can say it's pretty easy to figure out:
The Chocoboeater from Final Fantasy 10. (I beat the dam guy! xD!)
NeVMiku
My name...huh?

Me and my 4 other friends used to love playing DOTA at internet cafe. At the time a teacher was leaving the school so we formed a 'team' and put NeVe12 in front of everything.

We ended up with something like NeVe12Mo12e, NeVe12d1e blah blah blah.

We played a game against a random group of people and lost.

That was around 4-5 years ago and I kinda stuck with the name having used it on most things that will allow me to.
daredakke
I like Hidamari.

Yuno best girl.
Shigoto
sway = since i started pc games (2012)
otherwise im just putting random things in like desu, ing and stuff like that
Eun-Fox
Eun = flourishing in korean I think
-shrugs- I have no clue why I named myself Eun-Fox but I do love Fox's they're my favorite animals.
Shrik
Mine originated from runescape :P.
Asked my brother for an account name. He said shrik cause sounded like shrek. There was no shrik available so I used shrik11 for 4 years up until 4/5 years ago where I switched to plain Shrik
AdamMZ
My name.
M stands for my first name. Z stands for my last name.
c[[ [ c[[ [ c[[
From good ole Toribash, it started as "imaidiot" because i was really bored so i just made a name and it stuck.

Since then i've done some changes to it, making it into DaIdiot.
Some sites required a number, so i just chose to put a 5 on the end (sometimes 737), making it into DaIdiot5.
Then i got a little tidier in the grammar and made it into TheIdiot (losing the 5 in the process).
And then in a steam group i was in, we had to add an underscore at the end of our names, and it just stuck there.
And here i am. TheIdiot_, in the flesh.
KinkiN

Nathanael wrote:

Previously, my username was iYuzuru where Yuzuru came at Otonashi Yuzuru from Angel Beats! because it's my codename or alias in real life.
^ this also applies to me. Hi Nath o/

Seems i can't change my user anymore, so yeah ....
-Kyousei-
made by myself,,, owo

:3/
[Maid] NekoRyo
a combination of cat = Neko and a character from a horror japanese film
and lovely maids :3/
Doomsdaddy
Well...
"Magazine" was my Steam account name (still is), when I played FPS's more (you know, a weapon magazine), then I couldn't bother to change it once I more or less stopped playing those.

The "M8" in my Osu-name though is originated from being friends with some British folk, and since I'm pretty sure a lot of you know that M8 or "mate" is a British way of saying "buddy" etc, I included it in my name because I wanted to and it fit the name... somewhat.
guro
Reileky
Formed my name from the words Electric and Neon.
Even tho most people thought its like a Pokemon name, its not ;-;
GSG95
I used to play Counter Strike 1.6 a lot. And I would almost always pick the GSG-9 player model when playing in the counter - terrorist team. I like that player model so much, I decided to name myself GSG-9. I got bored of that, so I removed the dash and added a 5 at the back. -BOOM- And thus, my username was born!
Illeria
Years ago in a time untold...I read two books quite some time apart from each other. They're called Eragon and Vampire High...

So yeah, I took one elven city from Eragon and the vampire girl's name from Vampire High and boom. Illeria was born.
-[Jess]-
my chinese name+my english name
Poofie
I am a little goofy, and kinda weird.. So few of my friends were calling me Poofie.. So that's why i thought Poofie* would be great ;-;

*Originally it was Poofiecutieface
Eminent
There was a member on a different forum I used to frequent named "Valiant" and I really liked how his name was just a single, yet powerful, word that he chose to represent him. I basically just searched the internet for strong words that I would be okay to represent me and wound up with "Eminent"
[Ene-Chan]
My love for BEMANI
ERA Puzzle
I love Starcraft 2, and back about a year ago there was a pretty relevant player whom I enjoyed watching named Puzzle. I really liked the name, and the idea of a one word name - a lot of Korean sc2 players do this - Life, Flash, Innovation/Bogus, Creator, etc... However, I liked Puzzle the most, and stole the name for myself. T~T Sorry Puzzle. I've been going by that name ever since then, and since Osu was music based, I decided to add the DJ in front of it for fun.

My handle before then was Ahitsu, which was a name I created personally because I liked the sound of it. Nothing special, just my own creation.
Bachia
Bachia Means Bunny on my native language (on Georgian)
Angsul
Angsul, "Ang" and "Sul"
It's my real name "Angga" "Sul bla bla" (look at my profile :3 )
Also my friend call me "Angsul" cause there's 2 "Angga" name in class. :P
Yuuribo
Yuuribo came from two names; Exbo and Yuusari,which is,the name of my OC.
Where Exbo came from Gold's Typhlosion in the Pokemon Special series and Yuusari from Letter Bee's capital in the story.
Combine them up anddd... :D
I got the idea of combining up my OC's name all thanks to Mekaku City Actors[Takane Enomoto> Ene,Haruka Kokonose>Konoha]
Raisha Millenia
My real name, just switching it
Dokixdoki
My kokoro goes dokidoki~ when I play osu!
Therieri
I remember when my nickname first was so original as "the best killer". Then I switched it to Cannoner (which was my friend's nickname so I just copied it... how original). Then I wanted to make own original nickname. I wanted to have word "the" on it. Then I just kept saying different words in my mind and somehow I liked how "Therier" sounded. Even though I didn't know it Therier is some name in French (example).

Because of that I wanted to add one letter end of the name. And since I'm from Finland and for some reason Finns likes to add letter "i" to almost everything I decided to go with it.
daikichi
my guinea pig's name, and gochu.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
It's my first name. Probably not a good idea if you wish to remain anonymous as someone from another community immediately found out my real name.

I'd like to see someone who shares my first name and not it being a surname.
Maus
My name was [Mouse vs Serb], it was a joke with my friends because most conservative Croatians tend to hate Serbians.

Then I played an osu! balkan tournament, played vs a bunch of Serbians and I didn't want to get banned so I changed it to Maus because it's pronounced like "mouse"
kaetwo
My real name is Kay, and I really like the number two, so I thought "Kaytwo". But I didn't like how it looked, so Kaetwo.
c h e f
I chose IcyyyHD because winter is my favorite season. I thought Icy looked cool so I chose that. I chose HD bcuz I saw other people using HD at the end of names and I thought it sounded cool with Icy HD. Probably because it rhymes. (Originally my name was ToxicPvP because I used to PvP in mc and toxic seemed cool) Hopefully I would change it to Fuyu if I HAD AN IMPORTANT reason but whatever
Verniy_Chan
My favorite dan best character in game kancolle (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trash Boat

IcyyyHD wrote:

I chose IcyyyHD because winter is my favorite season. I thought Icy looked cool so I chose that. I chose HD bcuz I saw other people using HD at the end of names and I thought it sounded cool with Icy HD. Probably because it rhymes. (Originally my name was ToxicPvP because I used to PvP in mc and toxic seemed cool) Hopefully I would change it to Fuyu if I HAD AN IMPORTANT reason but whatever
Does your name has any relation with your avatar?
c h e f

Trash Boat wrote:

IcyyyHD wrote:

Does your name has any relation with your avatar?
I just looked up "icy anime girls" and I got this so I guess it has a relation :P But other than that no....
Top Bunk

IcyyyHD wrote:

I just looked up "icy anime girls" and I got this so I guess it has a relation :P But other than that no....
Well I guess typing "hot anime girls" was out of the question.
show more