Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Stefan
Welp, my name in RL.

About my previous username, TheNutritiousGuy... it's my old name as Let's Player on YouTube which was just a "random" name at this time. At all it became to a pun and weirdly (more) famous in the german community.
Perfection
Naru20
Naru - from the same word as the Ghost Hunt's MC's nickname, I chose it because it sounds fun.
20 - my real name if you write it in hiragana and read in katakana.
Sakibaraki
My username is made from Sakakibara in anime "Another".
I was totally stuck in setting nickname, so I chose this...
Topic Starter
drum drum

Friendan wrote:

Also you still haven't fought me at Town Center, Drum Drum.
But Town Center Park is boring ;u;

Besides, I'm stuck at home with a cold.
Znation
When I was something like 7 or 8 years old, my brother was playing World of Warcraft, he wanted to show me the game so he created a blood elf paladin and called him Znation and let me play a bit. I kinda kept it for everything, but when that username is taken I use Yukio-san, probably because I watched a few episodes of Ao no Exorcist with my brother, and I like that name so I also kept it and added -san for whatever reason.
If I can't chose too then I take a random japanese name and add something like -chan or -san.
Damn, I realize that I don't have any imagination for names when I read that :o
Faces
uh

i think i remember coming up with it on the spot when i signed up for an acc on twitch. i just wanted something to type in, so i put in 'Faces' and though, hey, screw it, put a three in there and i got 'Faces3'
so then i signed in with it on osu! and it's stuck with me for a while
at least the number 3 has.
OzzyOzrock
Love Ozzy Osbourne, love rock, OzzyOzrock just sounded like a cool name when signing up for WoW. Damn was I a badass username maker at 13 yrs.
[- Alex -]
My name is Rosu Alexandru in real life. Sooo , Alex.

But my steam/league name is YoloSwagerino!

Because i love to play yolo and.... yea.... swag.
B1rd
Krah
Cramoisi (crimson in french) => Krahmouasy (same pronunciation) => Krah (short version)
Athrun
Name came from Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny
Topic Starter
drum drum

Krah wrote:

Cramoisi (crimson in french) => Krahmouasy (same pronunciation) => Krah (short version)
Red name, confirmed.
Arcubin
well, my all IGN (in-game name) was arcubin ._. and just in Osu! i use azintairin710

azintairin710 fact : grandchase.wikia.com/wiki/Asin

Arcubin fact : arc from word ark :3 cause for me it's cool (inspired from Indiana Jones Raider from the lost "ark") and ubin was just interpelation so it's make better name :D
OsuMe65
i have no idea
Maxis
Maxis is my name.

My original, xMaxisx, is my name with x's (thank goodness username changes are a thing). :P
ZeroThief
Well, Gebba is an uncommon name that i just happen to like. Darkrose is what i came up with when i was young. I had a dark blue rose i found that survived almost a month without resource/supply/water/whatever, so thats how i got Gebba Darkrose. Too bad theres actually a legendary famous guy on a game called ''Tibia'' named Gebba Darkrose too so i kinda seem like a copycat... Although people actually think thats me.

Koodaris is another username i use that was the name of a private server i used to play. I just found it really unique, although i heard it might be a word in some language.

Yalori is one of my most used usernames that i made up by myself. Too bad a friend of mine started calling me Yaoi instead, and told me Yaoi was a shampoo for men. This, i believed for 2 years untill i finally found out what yaoi actually was.

Darkness Syndrome is a new one that i use, which i got from a poem a friend wrote.
Dainesl
I used to play this one game (which has now been dead for a while btw) and I was just like "you know what let's make a weird name" and I got Dainesl in the first instant, not sure why, but I think it was something to do with a daisy (I liked daisies okay ;_;) and a soul (not even sure, this is irrelevant to me but I was bored) and then I decided to add ne, take away ou and I have this (previously my username was Dainesl00 which was stupid so I changed it when I got supp.)

weird story huh?
Mr Capuce
Capuce [ Catur Putra Ceria ] that's my name, and Sm is ( Soulmate ). because Sm (Soulmate) is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity.
Squigly
i had Battlespoon as my first name though i stole it from a friend because i never thought i would get so into osu. So then i just took the name from one of my favorite games Skullgirls. which is all in all a solid game, tons of fun, if it werent sexualised it would be a lot more popular i would think v:
show more