forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Katze
i like cats, thats all
Cherry Blossom
My old username was PCBlossom (Perfect Cherry Blossom) from Touhou 7. I changed it to Cherry Blossom because i found this name funny ^^ (people still think i'm a girl, omg)
xxdeathx
because people keep asking me:

back in RuneScape there was a Soul Wars clan for level 120+ players whose generals chose a random side that everyone would join for each game. the goal was that the side with stronger players would almost always win. the clan was hosted by xxdeathx.

xFioramaster18 wrote:

My name came from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4vPCY11eM.
The video is pretty popular so i get highlighted for nothing alot xc
i figured as much, having seen that dude's videos before
Friendan
Brendan + Friend = Friendan.
It came from a friend because he thought I needed a new nickname (he used to just call me fag/faggot).
So Everyone started calling me that and yeah.

Also you still haven't fought me at Town Center, Drum Drum.
Trash Boat

Xanandra wrote:

Free mod for the first person who can guess where my nick came from!
I don't need a mod, but feel free to give me something else instead

E14
my original username was "essamaneira" well it came from a title of that song. i saw it on dance arcade named "xceed"
Then i change my name into E s s a, which is coincidentally my shorthand of my whole real name. :)

edit 1: i didn't know it was a portuguese word at first
Navizel
^I think that's Pump it Up: Xceed

Anyway, mine came from the syllables of my friends' names.
Ninna
Vince
Jeizel

It's so random but it looked cool and unique imo so I sticked with it.

old username came from Angel Beats + a "lucky" number (Otonashi07)
Kurogamii
kuro = black = fave color
gami = god or lord or something like that

old username KurogamiLaciel
Laciel = taken from my old mmorpg's account username
silmarilen
Samui_old_1
Basically the Japanese word I use frequently during winter.
Stefan
Welp, my name in RL.

About my previous username, TheNutritiousGuy... it's my old name as Let's Player on YouTube which was just a "random" name at this time. At all it became to a pun and weirdly (more) famous in the german community.
Perfection
Naru20
Naru - from the same word as the Ghost Hunt's MC's nickname, I chose it because it sounds fun.
20 - my real name if you write it in hiragana and read in katakana.
Sakibaraki
My username is made from Sakakibara in anime "Another".
I was totally stuck in setting nickname, so I chose this...
Topic Starter
drum drum

Friendan wrote:

Also you still haven't fought me at Town Center, Drum Drum.
But Town Center Park is boring ;u;

Besides, I'm stuck at home with a cold.
Znation_old
When I was something like 7 or 8 years old, my brother was playing World of Warcraft, he wanted to show me the game so he created a blood elf paladin and called him Znation and let me play a bit. I kinda kept it for everything, but when that username is taken I use Yukio-san, probably because I watched a few episodes of Ao no Exorcist with my brother, and I like that name so I also kept it and added -san for whatever reason.
If I can't chose too then I take a random japanese name and add something like -chan or -san.
Damn, I realize that I don't have any imagination for names when I read that :o
uh

i think i remember coming up with it on the spot when i signed up for an acc on twitch. i just wanted something to type in, so i put in 'Faces' and though, hey, screw it, put a three in there and i got 'Faces3'
so then i signed in with it on osu! and it's stuck with me for a while
at least the number 3 has.
OzzyOzrock
Love Ozzy Osbourne, love rock, OzzyOzrock just sounded like a cool name when signing up for WoW. Damn was I a badass username maker at 13 yrs.
[- Alex -]
My name is Rosu Alexandru in real life. Sooo , Alex.

But my steam/league name is YoloSwagerino!

Because i love to play yolo and.... yea.... swag.
B1rd
Krah
Cramoisi (crimson in french) => Krahmouasy (same pronunciation) => Krah (short version)
Athrun
Name came from Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny
Topic Starter
drum drum

Krah wrote:

Cramoisi (crimson in french) => Krahmouasy (same pronunciation) => Krah (short version)
Red name, confirmed.
Arcubin
well, my all IGN (in-game name) was arcubin ._. and just in Osu! i use azintairin710

azintairin710 fact : grandchase.wikia.com/wiki/Asin

Arcubin fact : arc from word ark :3 cause for me it's cool (inspired from Indiana Jones Raider from the lost "ark") and ubin was just interpelation so it's make better name :D
OsuMe65
i have no idea
Maxis
Maxis is my name.

My original, xMaxisx, is my name with x's (thank goodness username changes are a thing). :P
ZeroThief
Well, Gebba is an uncommon name that i just happen to like. Darkrose is what i came up with when i was young. I had a dark blue rose i found that survived almost a month without resource/supply/water/whatever, so thats how i got Gebba Darkrose. Too bad theres actually a legendary famous guy on a game called ''Tibia'' named Gebba Darkrose too so i kinda seem like a copycat... Although people actually think thats me.

Koodaris is another username i use that was the name of a private server i used to play. I just found it really unique, although i heard it might be a word in some language.

Yalori is one of my most used usernames that i made up by myself. Too bad a friend of mine started calling me Yaoi instead, and told me Yaoi was a shampoo for men. This, i believed for 2 years untill i finally found out what yaoi actually was.

Darkness Syndrome is a new one that i use, which i got from a poem a friend wrote.
Dainesl
I used to play this one game (which has now been dead for a while btw) and I was just like "you know what let's make a weird name" and I got Dainesl in the first instant, not sure why, but I think it was something to do with a daisy (I liked daisies okay ;_;) and a soul (not even sure, this is irrelevant to me but I was bored) and then I decided to add ne, take away ou and I have this (previously my username was Dainesl00 which was stupid so I changed it when I got supp.)

weird story huh?
Mr Capuce
Capuce [ Catur Putra Ceria ] that's my name, and Sm is ( Soulmate ). because Sm (Soulmate) is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity.
Squigly
i had Battlespoon as my first name though i stole it from a friend because i never thought i would get so into osu. So then i just took the name from one of my favorite games Skullgirls. which is all in all a solid game, tons of fun, if it werent sexualised it would be a lot more popular i would think v:
Varetyr
ZeroThief

Squigly wrote:

i had Battlespoon as my first name though i stole it from a friend because i never thought i would get so into osu. So then i just took the name from one of my favorite games Skullgirls. which is all in all a solid game, tons of fun, if it werent sexualised it would be a lot more popular i would think v:
+1 for skullgirls
Nalaia
My username originates from the Swedish synonym to cat (katt) which is missen :)
As easy as that :3
Oh I have two cats by the way so that might be a more specific reason to why I chose that username x.x
domo
Stalactic
My name orginates from my childhood dumbness, beacuse when i was small(7-8) i thought that my english was at MLG lvl.

On day i don't even remember we had a lesson about the caves and i liked the word stalaktyt(it's a polish word) and i thought that i'm so good that i don't need to check the translation so i came up with the word Stalactic and i was using it till tomorrow when i found out it's actually stalactite and i shot myself.(not a long sentence what are you talking about)

Now i'm dead, thanks for listening.
Geo
benjanyan
-
xGx

mcelbowlovin
while i was at secondary school, we had to take photos for evidence for our engineering class, and a friend of mine called me mcelbowlovin 'cause he thought it looked like i was staring at his elbows... eventually i adopted the name because its funny to me and somewhat unique :)
Genjitsu
pondok literally means 'hut' in my country + -ers which is random.
show more