forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
gooberbaby
so sophomore year of high school i think (?) i was in a cooking class with some upperclassmen. one of them i always thought was cute but he used to call me tallstuff because i'm 4'9 so legally i'm a midget and people love to pick fun at me for that since i'm 21. but online i normally go by talllstuff because tallstuff with two L's is always taken
GasterMaster70
My username actually comes from my channel name on YT, which comes from UNDERTALE. I was really interested in Gaster9especially since seeing the Glitchtale rendition of him), and so I had that name pop up.

If I knew my channel would be predominantly Touhou and Minecraft, I would have chosen something else
Green591
I like the colour green, and my dumbass 12 year old self thought that five-nine-one was a good addition to that. Incredibly original, that much's clear.
c0ra
MishaG4mer
Irl name + Gamer + 4 instead of a cause i thought it would look cool. I have some regrets now, but eh.
Ryoko
play despacito
xclps
just made some random letters mesh together well
Pikku Masa
Mazsaa was a play on my actual name to make a nickname, although these days I think my actual name is more suited as a nickname
Epinephrine is a synonym for adrenaline, and cooler sounding. I picked it because of me wanting a nickname that described how I played CS. I'd like to think it's adrenaline filled :)
cai0
k like is literally my name
jaackharm
jackhammer
Destinyly303
best friends and I tend to give nicknames related to our lives. Mine is Destiny, since once, I thought I would never find someone there for me but it changed. I have three best friends now.
And the username 'Destinyly303' is a bit random. I decided to make it rhyme with number 3 as my favourite number. I might make a new username after this but for now, I'll stick with this.
FaceLessBoi_1
this was my minecraft ign from 2014
Ghuulken
my name is a character that initially came from a guild wars 2 build then started appearing in some collaborative writing projects. Basically it's just a cookie cutter op berserker named Ghuulken Skullcrush. he not so smart. smash with fist.
Synphonica
My name synphonica is broken down to Syn - phonic -a
And why is that? This is because I was addicted to the word sin back in the day partly because it sounded good and also because it connotated to something malicious since after all that is what the word meant. However, sinphonica certainly does not look appealing so I decided to go with Syn-phonica with a y. After all, Syn and Sin are pronounced the same way. The phonic part is there since phonic in Latin roots means sound in which I was going for something like sinful or deathsound which is contradictory to my preference of music. But I mainly chose the word phonic since it sounded cool LOL. So now we have Synphonic... I looked at the name and I thought the word looked unfinished so i decided to add an a at the end making it Synphonica. If you read this you have a lot of time on your hands :D
Lequd
xbox live gamertag xd
Sugar_owo
my old cringey online name with owo in the end >~<
AkiShizuha
LoL this came from Touhou project.

Akishizuha and Akiminoriko (秋静葉、秋穣子). They usually ranked lower than other popular characters in annual Touhou voting so they were also nicknamed "无人气姐妹". (It means no-popularity sisters?)

I don't like this - so I took the name and I tried to get high ranks in easier difficulties using all 4 mods. (this was from 9 years ago.) So people will see the name and they'll have some exposure. XD
qwt
Teletubby semen I meant custard
Sugar_owo

Tubby Custard wrote:

Teletubby semen I meant custard
what the-
salve123123
I thought there's a difference between a username and an ingame username in this game just like steam. i was gonna put my name to SalveDragon. but i didnt know. i thought there's a difference between a username for login and the username ingame.

talking about how my username originate from. "SalveDragon" is my most frequently picked username for everything basically. its kind of a funny story actually, so my dad doesn't buy me games and such, so on my "minecraft kid" era i was looking for how to get minecraft for free, and then i stumble across this video (this guy was saying bullcrap stuffs for views) but the way he made the username to .....Dragon and then i was like... Hmmm SalveDragon sounds pretty cool. the salve came from my middle name which is Salvatore. (SALVatorE).
zesteas
I was once in this retarded clan with my friends called zesty but they all left and the name just stuck with me. I changed it to zesteas in june 2020 because its unique
Necroticalex
Irl I'm alex.
However I don't often do anything at all with emotion in my face even if I'm excited.
So everyone used to say I looked dead inside.
And I rolled with it. ^_^
(Also go by nekro)
Meseta
well, from this cool guy SWAGGYSWAGSTER
Baguette2Pain
Was playing on Hypixel and one dude was called Fromage2Chevre (Goat Cheese in french) and i liked it so i changed my username to Baguette2Pain (French Baguette in... well in French).
climb
I thought it was cool I suppose/
somebody_33
Just a random username I came up with. And my PFP is the katakana character shi (シ) cuz it looks cool.
JakeBlade2017
In my case it turns out that my username came from the name I put on Facebook, at first I had another name on Facebook but I changed it, while changing the name I was watching by chance the intro of Adventure Time and from there came the name Jake, the Blade came from my mind uwu, and finally the 2017 I put it because that was the best year (in my opinion) and that is the origin of JakeBlade2017.
Regality
Ok, so my name is Ryan. I needed a name that started with R. After sitting on the Xbox home screen for about 45 minutes, I came up with...

Regal

Then I needed the extra cool flair that made it stand out - like one of those one word League of Legends names that sound cool as frick.

Regality was born a short time later. Now that, and Regalithy, are my names for pretty much everything.
ShinRun
Well I liked my old username because it rhymed but my new one is just how you pronounce my name in Chinese (which I am)
Sugar_owo
To be more specific, I really like Sugar. I made that my YouTube name more known as “mostlysugarstuff” and my Xbox was “Mostlysugarstff” my osu was made after those, so I shortened it to “Sugar” I randomly said “owo” and since sugar was taken, I put them both together. “Sugar_owo” is what I came up with. So yeah *^^*
Rebel_Fox
i was gonna go with some username related to SAO, but i liked KISS more. and SAO kinda sucks.
now onto the more specific reason why i chose my username, i'm basically a rebel in some ways and my favorite member of KISS nickname was "the Fox". so i combined stuff and the result was "Rebel_Fox".
Nek1i
I made a typo and it stuck B)
ZeRoX
Most ppl in America continent use or know this cleaning product called Clorox, so one day I was joking about drinking clorox then I thought why not combining my nickname Blade-Zero and clorox then ZeRoX was born XDD **I thought about ZoRoX at some point too xp**
yarWe
yes
onecantwocan
the can-can, i was thinking of that song when i made my acc
heg-
when i got an xbox, i spammed in a bunch of numbers and those numbers were 41765555. my username was a generic one i was using where its just my first name and the first 3 numbers from my gamertag. i plan on changing my name though
Vioxen
a
DigitalKraken
Kraken5516 was a random generated minecraft name,so osu have alot of number so i just combined Digital and Kraken = DigitalKraken lol
Sugar_owo

Nek1i wrote:

I made a typo and it stuck B)
i mean-
u can change it by contacting osu support if u want..
PolterBear
In my infinite creativity I decided to make a pun on “polar bear” and “poltergeist”!
show more