forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Qiyana
i was either grade 3 or 4 when i made this account and my friend at school called me dyl byl or smth bc my names dylan so uh, yea. i would love to change my user though lol.
Merami Fox
i was named bommy985 because numbers were cool at the time, and it was the result of a mispelling of populermmos creeper named bomby,

my new name, i dont hd(only relevent to here, was actually avilible about 6 mouths ago so i changed my name to that, because i dont ever do good with hidden.

no, i dont care about my spelling :v
Modzin
I think all of the drama for my username happened in the toilet seat right after I came home from school during late 2016. I mixed up a portion of my first name and last name and boom there an edgy name.

Think i was way too edgy for this world and added "official" thinking someone already took it but ehh that's all gone now.
MusicRitman
I got mine from three words: Music, Rhythm and Man
killuwa
n/a
Sponchi
How do I start...It started in March 2018 when I-
Hydreigon
I think its obvious where i got my name from (unless someone does not know the world of Pokémon...)
Lilou

Hydreigon wrote:

I think its obvious where i got my name from (unless someone does not know the world of Pokémon...)

amazing pokemon tho u have good taste
AverseAL
I had an old username I made when I was 7 so I thought it was time for a new one so I named my self after a deck in YuGiOh call madolche but I'm not the 1st person with that idea as it was almost always taken so I added bot to it with some inspiration from liquid chap
ConquestBread
When I made this account, I was binge-reading anarchist theory and had recently completed The Conquest of Bread.
Somatru
no idea to be honest
t ctb
osu + stool = haha random
Miki-tama
was lookin for a WoW name when i was like 10
papoy
i saw a tv remote and was wow i feel enlightened
AmnesiaSilence
not a clue
Gorou
wanpachi = yamper
tomonosu
Well.. my name is Tom and i am on osu!
Nekolicon
I was once a Lolicon..
Neko + Loli
Tumuto
I really like tomatoes. They give a lot of health benefits💕
Caput Mortuum
it's a username i have been using since 2017. i just looked at a list of colors and found this name
_Vex
The story of my name is so random.

I used to have lots of username before, in other games, but one day a few years ago I was like, okay, imma settle down and think about a name that I'll use always. I came up with Vex, randomly, I really like it, and most of my online friend know me as Vex, but obviously, it's very short and normally taken in most places.

So I thought, okay, imma add a sufix. And -tron came to my mind. So here I was, with Vextron. But I ended up using Vxtron in here, and I don't really know why hahah

Looking forward to change my name to the closest thing I can to Vex ^^
Breona
g
YamichanKawaii
I chose this name because of my waifu
Silicosis
i Dont knoew
futabas
best persona 5 girl
[LS]PositoniX
https://youtu.be/KGQTkWJ5mU4?t=53

my username was supposed to be "PositroniX" but i was a dumbass and made a typo in the username when making this account... i've been thinking about getting supporter to change it to something less stupid
CallMe_Al
When I was 12 I faced the problem of choosing a nickname. And since I could easily beat my friends in games I chose Best, but for putting some numbers and technological things I made it Best02_. But when I grew up I understood it was a really bad name, so I decided to change it and use just my name, Albert. So I made my nickname CallMe_Al. And If I have to be sincere I kinda like to be "Al" also in real life. Maybe I will but the supporter for change my nickname but for now, the 12year-old-me will be attached to me...
Kama
thought it was cool
beerpsi
My username, "mrlacpeanut" had 3 parts: mr for mister (I don't know why I put that in :P), Lac being my IRL name and Peanut being a translation of Lac into English

Lac means happy, but it can also mean peanuts.
Chiru-kun
a nickname given by an old friend in a certain class.
nostalgia. would be nice to see him again.
An actual Rat
Some guy on league of legends told me while I was playing Twitch ("Jesus Christ... you're an actual rat") and it just resonated with me.
TheKingHenry

An actual Rat wrote:

Some guy on league of legends told me while I was playing Twitch ("Jesus Christ... you're an actual rat") and it just resonated with me.

literally opened this thread because I saw your name as the last poster
was not disappointed lol
An actual Rat

TheKingHenry wrote:

An actual Rat wrote:

literally opened this thread because I saw your name as the last poster
was not disappointed lol

Glad I made your day, cheers.
AsaiKentoCH
TBH my username is just an entire r/boneappletea moment. my real IGN is TanGentFish, it was supposed to be PungentFish or PGFish.

I kinda just sticked to it bc it kinda sounded cool.
Alyx Vance
pretty self explanatory. one of my fav music genres
Dialect
i think i did this already, but here we go again.

i went through a multitude of usernames, so on and so forth. we got a nintendo switch, and we played arms. there was a character named Min Min, and i honestly liked her character. obviously MinMin would be taken, so i did the most creative thing and replaced the 2nd M with a N, and that's how i got my username
Penguin

MinNin wrote:

i think i did this already, but here we go again.

i went through a multitude of usernames, so on and so forth. we got a nintendo switch, and we played arms. there was a character named Min Min, and i honestly liked her character. obviously MinMin would be taken, so i did the most creative thing and replaced the 2nd M with a N, and that's how i got my username
ahhhhh, so that's why your name is so familiar. I used to main minmin when that game first came out.

OT: idk probably through some form of evolution millions of years ago.
charlyosu
someone gave me a nickname and i just added osu after it
FloatinSardines
my old username SimplyJay14 originated when I was thinking of a username, on my head was "I can't just use simply, jay as a username" then i went back to simply, jay and it sounded nice hence SimplyJay but the 14 meant something personal for me. 14 is the age when things started to brighten up for me since my bad childhood that consisted of me being raised by the internet better than my biological mother could raise me.

my current username FloatinSardines came from FlyingTuna. it stemmed from me that a joke type username would fit into the community and help me enjoy the game more hence i just used parallels from flying tuna to use this current name.
[AlphaCentauri]
Alpha Centauri is my discord username, so I just decided to use that. It was taken though, so I had to use a variation of it, and here I am
show more